Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:30:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ted Nelson really reavealed Satoshi Nakomoto's identity (not Shinichi Mochizuki)  (Read 8559 times)
JordanL (OP)
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:20:47 AM

Remember where you were at twilight on the seventeenth of May, 2013.

Sorry to tell all of you Shinichi Mochizuki fans, but he is not our Bitcoin overload. Ted Nelson very clearly revealed to the world who the pseudonymous creator of Bitcoin actually is... in fact, he revealed it at least two dozen times in the video. Shinichi Mochizuki was... certainly a huge influence on the project.

In addition to the mathematical aspects Mochizuki almost certainly influenced (far beyond anything I would ever even attempt to comprehend) he was the inspiration for the character Satoshi Nakamoto... created by Ted Nelson and the Xanadu Project.

Bitcoin is just one of the first types of those "files flying around us" that aren't based on a printed sheet of paper like everything else we have.

Listen to the video again, carefully this time. Don't listen for the reasons he says Shinichi Mochizuki is the most likely person to truly be Satoshi (we all knew most of those a long time ago). Listen to his words... and who he actually reveals to be Bitcoin's chief architect.

I will let the community dissect this confession over the years rather than spend all night writing down all of the times he revealed it myself. I probably picked up on about 5% of them... my brain simply does not function on the same level as people like Shinichi Mochizuki, the inspiration for Satoshi, or Ted Nelson... the real Satoshi.

At least I feel slightly better about my personal intelligence compared to people like that knowing that Bitcoin has been in development for 30 years.

I suggest that we the community name Bitcoin's next denominations Mochizukies, and Nelsons.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 03:57:04 AM

Very intrigued.  I watched it and enjoyed his artful story telling, but, I did not pick up on a subtext (other than he's been having futuristic thoughts for a while). 

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
RagnarDanneskjold

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 04:15:45 AM

I had a similar reaction to his video.  I'd seen him speak before ages ago, so had somewhat of a baseline - I am also a human lie detector and expert profiler.  My gut impression of his subverse, faux-passive confession was that its entirely contrived and intended for dramatic effect.  I watched it twice specifically b/c I thought some aspect of the performance was dishonest/elusive, even if it was mostly heartfelt.  At first I thought he was trying to cover some aspect of Satoshi's link he did not want to disclose...then concluded he is just reaching for the dramatic and/or reverent effect.

Now that you have me thinking on it again, I will have to give it further review.

git  |  | ID
'Bitcoin is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage’s whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Bitcoin is the process of setting man free from men'
xavier

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:26:02 AM

Hmm. Just to kick up an old subject Wink Wink .... I personally believe its roger dingledine.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 06:47:12 AM

The last time I saw this video, I was convinced he was Atlas' dad.  Smiley

You are aware that Ted's reading a script, aren't you? You can see the teleprompter in his classes, coupled with him correcting himself while he's speaking, as if reading a text.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:14:08 PM

You are aware that Ted's reading a script, aren't you? You can see the teleprompter in his classes, coupled with him correcting himself while he's speaking, as if reading a text.

Good call.  I see it now.  He really should get anti-reflection coating on his glasses.

worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:15:06 PM

I suspect the current Japan Prime Minister Abe is the real Satoshi Nakamoto.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:54:39 PM

Maybe.

His vision of Hypertext and Project Xanadu back from the 60s (hint: it's not the WWW) has always included a facility for micro-payments.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 04:03:32 PM

That strange sensation that you feel is smoke being forcibly exhaled up your nether regions.
jantenner81

Activity: 228

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 06:22:37 PM

Hmm. Just to kick up an old subject Wink Wink .... I personally believe its roger dingledine.
oh nice +1

AT - Automated Transactions
CIYAM | Developer
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:26:10 PM

He has some interesting connections. It could be Satoshi... But since it is all speculative, so could I.
 Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
threeip

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 06:26:58 PM

Maybe it's some form of performance piece, he had to correct himself or else meaning in his script would be lost?  Huh

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:36:03 PM

Care to give us a few examples of this?

Ted Nelson very clearly revealed to the world who the pseudonymous creator of Bitcoin actually is... in fact, he revealed it at least two dozen times in the video.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:24:50 PM

He should simply sign this statement with Satoshi's private key. Otherwise I'm not even wasting time by looking at some "proof" of some weird people.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:34:28 AM

I suspect the current Japan Prime Minister Abe is the real Satoshi Nakamoto.

Bitcoin-abe???
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:26:24 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 11:45:00 PM by odolvlobo

Whether or not he is right, that is a pretty good presentation.

I don't see why the fact that he is reading from a script is significant.

There was a weird contradiction. He claims that Shinichi is Satoshi, but also that the emails were written by his son. Perhaps he is wrong and his son is Satoshi.

I would like to point out that a person does not have to be a native speaker of English to have an excellent grasp of the language. Read Lolita by Nabokov. Nabokov is a native of Russia, but has an incredible command of the English language that surpasses most native English speakers.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 04:36:04 AM

I don't see what the OP is talking about. I guess I'm dumb, he he.  I wasted all that time getting degrees in astrophysics, mathematics, engineering, and medicine...just to find out I'm a dummy :-)

OP, do give us the big reveal! What do you see that I can't? I'm genuinely interested and darn curious!

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 09:24:30 AM

There was a weird contradiction. He claims that Shinichi is Satoshi, but also that the emails were written by his son. Perhaps he is wrong and his son is Satoshi.

I would like to point out that a person does not have to be a native speaker of English to have an excellent grasp of the language. Read Lolita by Nabakov. Nabakov is a native of Russia, but has an incredible command of the English language that surpasses most native English speakers.

Nabokov, with an O.

numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:35:53 PM

I would like to point out that a person does not have to be a native speaker of English to have an excellent grasp of the language. Read Lolita by Nabakov. Nabakov is a native of Russia, but has an incredible command of the English language that surpasses most native English speakers.

Tells not much about russians, more about naive english speakers

slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:46:36 PM

dude.. it's not his son! He said Satoshi san.
San

San (さん [saɴ]?) (sometimes pronounced han (はん?) in Kansai dialect), derived from sama (see below), is the most commonplace honorific, and is a title of respect typically used between equals of any age. Although the closest analog in English are the honorifics "Mr.", "Miss", or "Mrs.", -san is almost universally added to a person's name, “-san” can be used in both formal and informal contexts, and for either gender. Because it is the most common honorific, it is also the most often used to convert common nouns into proper ones, as seen below.

San may be used in combination with workplace nouns, so a bookseller might be addressed or referred to as honya-san ("bookstore" + san), and a butcher as nikuya-san ("butcher's shop" + san).

San is sometimes used with company names. For example, the offices or shop of a company called Kojima Denki might be referred to as "Kojima Denki-san" by another nearby company. This may be seen on small maps often used in phone books and business cards in Japan, where the names of surrounding companies are written using san.

San can also be attached to the names of animals or even inanimate objects. For example, a pet rabbit might be called usagi-san, and fish used for cooking can be referred to as sakana-san. Both uses would be considered childish (akin to "Mr. Rabbit" in English) and would be avoided in formal speech. Even married people often refer to their spouse with san.

Online, Japanese gamers often append a numeral 3 to another player's name to denote san (e.g. Taro3 conveys Taro-san), since the number three is also pronounced san.

I found one more connection between Satoshi and Shinichi! Its the use of the term "we"
All the connections that Ted said left a side, the bitcoin paper uses the term "we" like 7 times, and so does almost every paper written by Shinichi!

He also uses  [number] at the bottom of his papers just like the bitcoin paper (it is common to do so i know, but still)

I really think it's Shinichi

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: