Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:48:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Mystery About Words?  (Read 328 times)
acs26

June 22, 2013, 03:46:30 AM

Words have always made me curious. How did they come up with words? Did they just say anything that came to mind? If so, how do you explain words like, 'Avast', 'Duffel Bag', 'Phobia', etc. How could they have came up with them? How did they find out about, 'nouns', and 'synonyms'? How could they categorize words by making a new word based off of no word to describe a word?

If so, how do we know we always see the same words? I can see words like, 'Profile', or 'Forum'. But how do I know nobody else sees a different word? Let's say we do see different words, how could we describe the words? Do we see the same word as the pronunciation we use?

Could it be true we see different words, and phrases pulled together? But if it was true, how can we categorize, see, and pronounce words? How can we know the meaning of a word if we see it differently, and have a different categorization? Doesn't that mean that we wouldn't be able to look at books the same way? If so, how could somebody tell somebody about it? Would the author write another book to mimic the persons vision of the word?

How could we start calling words words if they hadn't exist when we started calling them words? How do we know who came up with the word, 'word'?

I also don't get how we could know a definition since our vision would be different, and most words have themselves in their own definition. (EX: 'a')

Is your 'profile' my profile too, or is it different from me?
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:48:38 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evQsOFQju08
acs26

June 22, 2013, 03:49:56 AM

Woah. I never seen a video like that before. Will be checking it out. Thanks for posting it. (Kinda sad it's about colors, though.)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 07:39:47 AM

I currently hold in my left hand 0060976519.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: