Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:13:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monetizing Ideas for good bitcoin domain?  (Read 408 times)
Kill Joy (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:40:33 PM

I'm currently selling some great domains, but if they don't sell I want to monetize them myself.

1. freebitcoins.cc

I was thinking of making this a bitcoin faucet website and display ads or make visitors watch videos to earn satoshis. Is this still profitable for the faucet hosts or is there even interest from consumers? I am open to other ideas for monetizing it, I need some suggestions. I've never done anything for bitcoin, so looking for advice from experienced people.

2. btc.help

This could be a plethora of things. I was mainly thinking about overall information that will be easy for new people to bitcoin to understand and maybe some basic tools.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:59:13 PM

I'm currently selling some great domains, but if they don't sell I want to monetize them myself.

1. freebitcoins.cc

I was thinking of making this a bitcoin faucet website and display ads or make visitors watch videos to earn satoshis. Is this still profitable for the faucet hosts or is there even interest from consumers? I am open to other ideas for monetizing it, I need some suggestions. I've never done anything for bitcoin, so looking for advice from experienced people.

2. btc.help

This could be a plethora of things. I was mainly thinking about overall information that will be easy for new people to bitcoin to understand and maybe some basic tools.

I've heard that faucets aren't too profitable anymore. I'd suggest you stay away from the idea. There's a lot of faucets out already and I highly doubt people are using them in large scales. The amount that you get from a faucet (in perspective of the user) is just too little to make sense of.

The btc.help is a great domain. You could use it to put information about different bitcoin services across the web. If you really want to monetize off it, a donate button wouldn't hurt. You could also run ads on your site for that extra push.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:15:58 PM

AFAIK monetization sometimes emphasizes content.

Content may be driven by utility(real world application), need, originality, entertainment & similar traits. Then there may be other aspects to it such as advertising, word of mouth sharing on social media, marketing, etc.

I'll try to give you some content ideas, if that's ok.

1.  Wallets(desktop, web based, hardware based).
2.  How to pass crypto on to surviving family members. Is a will or safety deposit box a good method?
3.  When is the best time of year to invest in bitcoin(looking at charts, btc may have a tendency to peak near the end of the year).
4.  Is it best to copy and paste addresses or type them character by character?
5.  Good methods to convert crypto to fiat, to paypal. Good methods to purchase from amazon and other retailers with crypto, etc

There are more controversial topics which may be covered. Controversy in itself can be a marketing tactic at times. Watching the media there seems to be an increasing tendency for journalists to steer clear of controversial issues & there could be a reason for that.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:19:59 AM

1. freebitcoins.cc

2. btc.help

I would say that the second one would be pretty good to be monetized. Probably you can create some blogs about how to use bitcoins, how to earn them, and similar information threads. Then you can also incorporate a blockchain browser as well as some useful tools like signature verification and fee calculator. Make it something like, btc.com, blockchain.info, earn.com (previously 21.co) and coindesk rolled up into one.
Bigbangcrazy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:22:23 PM

Second idea.
It's great, I think it will bring a lot of benefits to the user. It will be something that a lot of support for newbies  Grin
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:19:08 PM

Second idea.
It's great, I think it will bring a lot of benefits to the user. It will be something that a lot of support for newbies  Grin

It is not a entertainment site bro, you will not get the users like you can find the Youtube or entertainment data downloadable sites. Please have that in mind.
I do understand your idea, you will be able get the more people to be users in the blog, articles and other learning related sites since we are lack in to reach the all the people. So we will never get the more people involved in cheap earning option.

I see that domain mentioned in op has been good to have as a gambling site as well. Try to create website completely to play with the investment done by the users means you profit and user earning from Google are double income to the site owner.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:01:56 PM

Both the domains are attractive but nowadays not many people are interested in faucets earning so it would not be that much effective. However your second domain i.e btc.help is a great idea or concept to start, you can put everything related to bitcoin over it which will help the new (and old) bitcoin users to understand it quickly.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:46:57 PM

The second idea sounds a whole lot better. A lot of newbie are coming into the industry as we keep seeing new investors rolling in and a lot who are just looking for where to get information. If you can put it together perfectly well, you can even be raking a whole lot from affiliates. However, with faucets, you should check out dead faucets right now as they are no longer profitable and you will be wasting time and resources starting one.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:36:09 PM

1. freebitcoins.cc

2. btc.help

btc.help might be a good one. To make it be like a bitcoin encyclopedia with all of the terms, guides, how to's, etc.. all at one place. Also you can put ads there as well no problem. Since more and more new people are coming in, they're not met with all the terms and how everything works, so this can be a perfect thing to send them to rather then all around the forum and websites.

Faucets are dying out, not profitable for the owners unless they've established a larger audience like freebitco.in and they were nevear really profitable for users tbh.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Kill Joy (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:54:48 AM

The Faucet idea is seems to no longer yield a profit, if it all now. So I'll have to figure something new out for that.

For btc.help I am definitely going to pursue a help and information website with no user registration for now as I would like to two this into 2 of my other projects that are upcoming. Smiley Thanks for the advice everyone!
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:04:46 AM

I am sorry but I disagree with all the replies in the thread. BTC already has a lot of information and websites available online, monetizing those domains wont give you a good ROI anymore.

If you like speculating in domain names, look for the altcoins that have the potential to challenge BTC.

Maybe a better way to monetize those domains is to make BitcoinCash sites out of them.
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:45:06 AM

A good idea with btc.help do group up all of helpers links in one site like thread on bitcointalk forum for newbies.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:09:48 PM

Second idea.
The number 2, as you said, will benefit users a lot, but for the admin or website owner, it won’t be of any benefit. And for people like me, it would be kind of a stress if it’s going to be a Crypto Desk equivalent, cause I will have to write all day and keep my visitors entertained, while I make no benefit, unless there would be chances of displaying ads on the site.

Number one is the best if I would be able to get people that will host the site and advertise on it, cause that will be a means for paying visitors for the activities performed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: