Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:52:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wait, mufa is a crazy gun nutjob shithead?  (Read 407 times)
mufa23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:07:08 AM

Crazy had to lock the thread because it was quickly getting derailed. In regards to Vycid's comment over here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239450.msg2538129#msg2538129, I'd like to get the chance to explain myself before some of you think the worst of me:

If someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night, I have no idea of their intentions. My duty is to protect my family, and that's what I will do. I have no idea if this guy is on bath salts or some meth-head. I'm not sure if he's here to rape my family, if he's armed, here to get me, or anything. They can always ask me for money, or help raise some. Whether their intentions are noble or not (and most times, home break-ins aren't), I personally do not know what they plan on doing. And I will not gamble my family's life, or my own, with that.

Also, my State supports a Castle Doctrine. If you aren't familiar with the term, it simply means that a person has a right to protect their property (Automobile, House, Land, Family, etc). I cannot be tried for murder in a court of law. It's the right to defend myself and property. If given the opportunity (upon knowing he isn't armed and not an immediate threat), I can legally arrest and detain him ("citizens arrest" - legal in all 50 States) until a law enforcement officer takes him into custody. I can then charge him under multiple counts of felonies and misdemeanors.

Hopefully that clears up the reasons for my actions. I hope I don't come across as some random gun nutjob shit head. Defending my family and myself will be my only priority to any home break in. I hope you understand that.

Sincerely,
  -Mufa

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 11:59:07 AM

While I don't know the whole story of this argument I can immediately see from your attitude why people would get pissed off and derail a topic, too often in life I see people establish a hypothetical ultimatum and expect to be able to just win that way and walk away smug ( My dad does this a lot and it's really annoying lol Cheesy ) but this is the internet and you clearly got more than you bargained for. I myself believe in self-defence completely and the defence of property, but you're walking an extremely dangerous road when you think you can ever justify murder and if an enemy has given up or you've stopped them in their tracks that's what it is. This kind of thinking where you can shoot down a person without worrying, never mind if they're invading your house is part of the reason is why people are so scared of gun owners and I actually understand that point. It does make you look like an undisciplined psychopathic murderer rather than someone who actually cares about defending their family and their homes, the problem with the people thinking this is they think this is they seem to think it only applies to people with guns.

I'd also like to point out that this is the exactly how people in the U.S government and in western governments in general tend to think, the only difference is they want a monopoly over it and believe no one should have the right to do this except them.
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:11:55 PM

Crazy had to lock the thread because it was quickly getting derailed. In regards to Vycid's comment over here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239450.msg2538129#msg2538129, I'd like to get the chance to explain myself before some of you think the worst of me:

If someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night, I have no idea of their intentions. My duty is to protect my family, and that's what I will do. I have no idea if this guy is on bath salts or some meth-head. I'm not sure if he's here to rape my family, if he's armed, here to get me, or anything. They can always ask me for money, or help raise some. Whether their intentions are noble or not (and most times, home break-ins aren't), I personally do not know what they plan on doing. And I will not gamble my family's life, or my own, with that.

Also, my State supports a Castle Doctrine. If you aren't familiar with the term, it simply means that a person has a right to protect their property (Automobile, House, Land, Family, etc). I cannot be tried for murder in a court of law. It's the right to defend myself and property. If given the opportunity (upon knowing he isn't armed and not an immediate threat), I can legally arrest and detain him ("citizens arrest" - legal in all 50 States) until a law enforcement officer takes him into custody. I can then charge him under multiple counts of felonies and misdemeanors.

Hopefully that clears up the reasons for my actions. I hope I don't come across as some random gun nutjob shit head. Defending my family and myself will be my only priority to any home break in. I hope you understand that.

Sincerely,
  -Mufa
+21,000,000

My 12 gauge is never far from reach and if someone breaks into my house they will know they messed with the wrong guy. Kudos to you for defending your family at any and all costs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: