Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:46:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Bitcoin to you? Is it the same as it was when you got started?  (Read 292 times)
itsamemario (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:20:31 PM

Curious what Bitcoin is to everyone here!  We all have a personal subjective vision of what it should be, and I am curious where everyone sits.

I used to think Bitcoin was a digital platform for micro transactions and B2C spending.  Back in the day of Changetip and reddit micro tips... I always thought Bitcoin was the online currency that allowed me to send 10 cents, quick and for relatively no fee.

That has changed now, and Bitcoin is moving in another direction which is cool to see.  Its kind of moving away from what I originally thought it was, a tool of empowerment for small sending over large distances.   

I now see Bitcoin as a platform for development.  I think in the future we will be spending Bitcoin, but it will be a development on the Bitcoin blockchain. I think we will use it as a store of value, a tool for investment and a way to interact and sell things safely online, but also a means to store information in a transparent, accessible way.

I think Bitcoin is not even close to where it will be in 10 years, but I am curious what everyone elses vision is.  Clearly the Bitcoin miners have a different vision that a merchant processing tool, which is different than the big Bitcoin holders, etc.

What is your ideal Bitcoin?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:49:33 AM

When I started I know bitcoin as some sort of investment i.e what I can just buy and allow it to yield profit by appreciating but now I have realized that bitcoin is more than that. It is what can bring positive change to world financially, academically, technologically and even socially.
itsamemario (OP)

Activity: 114

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:06:31 PM

Good call.  I see it as a platform for development.  I think we will use apps that use the Bitcoin blockchain for functionality in regards to spending and such.  Curious to see how others feel.
christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:41:54 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 03:41:02 AM by christian07

No it's not same because when i'm newbie in bitcoin i only want to do is to play only but now i think i can rely to earn some here for my daily needs and i can also buy some things that i like,I think also the price is 5x now since i start and it's continue to grow.All we want in life is here like how to learn and how to earn,you need only to read to have knowledge to earn
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:21:45 AM

when I first read the news about bitcoin, I thought bitcoin was a fraud. however, after a while learning, failing, retrying, failing, and finally getting a profit. my view has changed. bitcoin is a good investment

Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:30:30 AM

Curious what Bitcoin is to everyone here!  We all have a personal subjective vision of what it should be, and I am curious where everyone sits.

I used to think Bitcoin was a digital platform for micro transactions and B2C spending.  Back in the day of Changetip and reddit micro tips... I always thought Bitcoin was the online currency that allowed me to send 10 cents, quick and for relatively no fee.

That has changed now, and Bitcoin is moving in another direction which is cool to see.  Its kind of moving away from what I originally thought it was, a tool of empowerment for small sending over large distances.   

I now see Bitcoin as a platform for development.  I think in the future we will be spending Bitcoin, but it will be a development on the Bitcoin blockchain. I think we will use it as a store of value, a tool for investment and a way to interact and sell things safely online, but also a means to store information in a transparent, accessible way.

I think Bitcoin is not even close to where it will be in 10 years, but I am curious what everyone elses vision is.  Clearly the Bitcoin miners have a different vision that a merchant processing tool, which is different than the big Bitcoin holders, etc.

My ideal bitcoin is fiat currency and business. I was actually interested when I heard about bitcoin, and I think that was the meaning of it. I also thought that bitcointalk is like advertising of shampoo, soap and other things that I saw on television. I know that I was fool when I start imagining this stuff yet now I realize how's my interpretation was far from reality. When I began to have such research, I found that it is too different from what I've expected. You know what? Our province is too far from city, that's why the trends and issues about economy is too slow to get. I was too luck when there is a person who shared this to me.
Minionnn

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:33:13 AM

Bitcoin is virtual currency, it has many benefits but also many risks exist. When starting with bitcoin, I expect to earn less money but now, I think I will make a lot of money from bitcoin and from there I will develop my own business plan.

richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:38:04 AM

when I first read the news about bitcoin, I thought bitcoin was a fraud. however, after a while learning, failing, retrying, failing, and finally getting a profit. my view has changed. bitcoin is a good investment

I think everyone here thought bitcoin as a big fraud years ago but look at it now. Personally in my view bitcoin is a scam, and I'm so afraid to invest that time but as the time past by bitcoin is getting more popular and lots of people are looking to own some of it then the result is higher value. I see bitcoin now as a great investment option that can give bigger profit in long term.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:39:43 AM

Actually, I mean for bitcoin when I started was a job. I don't know how I explained it but when I conducted some research about bitcoin and cryptocurrency, my perception changes. I know that when we are starting new things we are fool, we don't know everything but if we are determined to learn new things probably, we can learn it. Now I know that bitcoin is a type of currency but is was innovated by satoshi nakamoto and it is decentralized, meaning it does not supported nor hold by the government. There are many things that I will learn more as I go on in this environment and I am excited to learn and learn new things.
waqarkahloon

Activity: 231

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:41:21 AM

For me bitcoin is an investment and it is still same in my thoughts as before. I wanna make good money by inveating in this and this is proving that I made good decision to invest in this. Will sell it soon when it will grow more and more

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
wilhb81

Activity: 224

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:45:50 AM

When a friend of mine from U.S. introduced Bitcoin to me for the very first time - I thought this thingy is only a virtual stuff that won't survive more than one year.

However, after Bitcoin started to get some value - I realized this isn't an ordinary virtual stuff and thus, I started to invest on it until now...

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
chromosomes

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:53:55 AM

For me, bitcoin is big help for those people who need a new type of investment process. In bitcoin, you can also earn money through the use of different services offered here. When I started using bitcoin, its price is around 4,000$ but now its price is surprisingly 16,000$. We haven't expected its price to go up so high this year, and because of it more people are being interested to bitcoin.

center]DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●●  [/center]
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:08:55 AM

Technically I am still new to Bitcoin as I started early this year and I was interested on it because I saw the potential in investment and I was not wrong to invest on it. I actually know Bitcoin way back but I was a non believer back then I just thought that it is a fake money in the internet, stupid me. Well as of now and most likely in the near future  I will treat Bitcoin and my other coins as an investment. Ideally I like Bitcoin to be recognized all over the world, where everyone use and accepts  Bitcoin Etherum and some other great coins. 
bakujo0817

Activity: 313

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:58:58 AM

when the first time i heard about bitcoin i thought is just investment scheme  that time im ignoring bitcoin untill bitcoin became a bit popular and then i got curious about what really is bitcoin and starting reading about bitcoin and i amaze what really is bitcoin and technology behind i believe bitcoin lead in developement in sociallly and its gonna have big roll in a near future so now trying hard to earn bitcoin and i believe bitcoin big help to some people like me to earn.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:23:44 AM

first time I knew bitcoin, I don't even know that bitcoin could be an investment or ways for me to make money. I only know that bitcoin is something like we can have to collect. but from time to time I learned bitcoin, I realize that bitcoin can exchange to local fiat and after my first time withdraws, I thought that hey I really make money from bitcoin and the money was transferred into my bank account. and from that time, I become bitcoin addicted and want to collect more bitcoin. and now, after the price increase so high, I can withdraw my bitcoin to fiat in anytime without any delay.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:00:28 PM

For me, bitcoin is big help for those people who need a new type of investment process. In bitcoin, you can also earn money through the use of different services offered here. When I started using bitcoin, its price is around 4,000$ but now its price is surprisingly 16,000$. We haven't expected its price to go up so high this year, and because of it more people are being interested to bitcoin.
Yes no doubt that bitcoin is getting worthy very speedy, no had dreamed of it to such a high level. And it is not the end yet it has a lot much to achieve and bless its investors. The most promising is its high output which attracts investors from all around the world. The more the investors high will be its worth. Now the price of bitcoin can't be constant because due to its demand its price will move higher and higher.
mindfly09

Activity: 405

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:24:59 PM

When i first started about bitcoin is a good investment and great opportunity to the people, without any thinking of negatives and i was believe immediately, because i'm interested in bitcoin when i know for the first time. Its not easy, but i'm interested i did research always, because bitcoin can improve our skills and a big help to our everyday lives. It have a potential and it will become popular and become an international currency.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:54:09 PM

No it probably aint the same. When i started, i thought it was another scam, another way to make you put in money and then lose it. Now bitcoin is an investment. It is a way to multiply profits with just holding your coin.

kyanscadiel

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:31:35 AM

Curious what Bitcoin is to everyone here!  We all have a personal subjective vision of what it should be, and I am curious where everyone sits.

I used to think Bitcoin was a digital platform for micro transactions and B2C spending.  Back in the day of Changetip and reddit micro tips... I always thought Bitcoin was the online currency that allowed me to send 10 cents, quick and for relatively no fee.

That has changed now, and Bitcoin is moving in another direction which is cool to see.  Its kind of moving away from what I originally thought it was, a tool of empowerment for small sending over large distances.    

I now see Bitcoin as a platform for development.  I think in the future we will be spending Bitcoin, but it will be a development on the Bitcoin blockchain. I think we will use it as a store of value, a tool for investment and a way to interact and sell things safely online, but also a means to store information in a transparent, accessible way.

I think Bitcoin is not even close to where it will be in 10 years, but I am curious what everyone elses vision is.  Clearly the Bitcoin miners have a different vision that a merchant processing tool, which is different than the big Bitcoin holders, etc.

when I started bitcoin that was year 2013-2014, and the price value of bitcoin then is very different form the value right now. If I remember it correctly, the price back then was $800-$1000 and the demand is very low maybe  because it is not yet popular back then. Honestly,before, I had no idea what bitcoin is, i just learn how to claim thru faucets, it is just recently when I started doing bitcoin again I knew now that  itcoin is not just something you can claim for free. It is really an asset, an investment where you can earn more and will really help financially.

Dyn@styN3rd

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:36:40 AM

I am starting to view Bitcoin as a future currency and of course it isn't as it was when I first started especially in terms of its rate. It was just about $800 when I started to know it but failed to focus on it. I really regret that I wasn't able to ride the boat at that time and just 2 years later if I did invested on it I could probably have my own house now. But it isn't too late yet as I think Bitcoin is still improving every moment and it seems that it has no plans to stop just yet so I am doing everything I can so spare some money and invest on it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: