Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:34:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin versus other offline currencies  (Read 12681 times)
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:38:11 AM

Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) has more market value Why? it's because Bitcoin's price is Higher Than Offline Currencies Price. Bitcoin is Not against to other offline currency it is the new Identity of Money Online (Bitcoin and any other coins), Bitcoin and offline Currency (FIAT) is Really Different BTC Online FIAT offline. Crypto always transact in ONLINE, but offline Currency (FIAT) transacts either offline or ONLINE hope this Helps a Little bit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:53:49 AM

Cash- Huge inflation, which means that if you hold cash as a store of value, at the long run you will lose value!, can be only transferred by a face to face meeting(someone need to physically deliver the cash to you).

Gold-Hard to store( takes a lot of space and may require to have a security behind), and also hard to transfer

Bitcoin- Fixed inflation, which means that you won't lose value at the long run, and also very easy to transfer,you don't need to actually meet someone in order to transfer bitcoins and you can do it from home.
Also it's value goes up at the long run.

For me nothing is better. Both have good and bad thing if we compare it.
If gold hard to store and bitcoin i know its very easy to store just in wallet that you bring anywhere.
But gold have more good in value, its always slowly increase. But bitcoin sometime fall in value.
okour999

Activity: 393
Merit: 10

Decentralized Gaming Platform - Play & Earn $

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:07:31 AM

it is obvious that there is no bitcoin at all because the price is high and it is legit also that coin and bitcoin are also the most users here,

Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:22:28 PM

As a NEWBIE, how would you explain bitcoin as against other offline currencies?
Which one has more market value and why do you think so ?
Hi and welcome to bitcointalk forum!

By other "offline currencies", I guess that you mean to gold and cash, let me explain why bitcoin is better then them.

Cash- Huge inflation, which means that if you hold cash as a store of value, at the long run you will lose value!, can be only transferred by a face to face meeting(someone need to physically deliver the cash to you).

Gold-Hard to store( takes a lot of space and may require to have a security behind), and also hard to transfer

Bitcoin- Fixed inflation, which means that you won't lose value at the long run, and also very easy to transfer,you don't need to actually meet someone in order to transfer bitcoins and you can do it from home.

Just to add on of some my idea about bitcoin versus offline currencies.

Offline currencies are those fiats money we have on distinctive country. Also, other jewelries which will be convertible to cash. It's durability will be affected like our paper money in long run of time. During cash transaction there will be a transaction fees or other fees like tax that will be add on which is required by the government.

Bitcoin is a crypto currency which lives in the cyberworld and decentralized was occurred. Bitcoin has a lots of privileges , like transaction fees which is easy and fast with very low transaction fees compared to fiats money. Its value is increasing and its a good opportunity to have a good profit today for the future purposes. No government that will be dictated which is highly secured especially the different transaction all over the world. As of this time bitcoin is the dominant of all over crypto currencies in the cyberworld .

It has been said about offline currecies having taxed by the government. Distinctive cash and in the long run may be phased out and that could lead to no value at all.
Profits depend on how you actually invest your fiat to earn. Banks are needed to have transactions and storage and low profits.
While on cryptocurrencies which are the online currencies which are known to be decentralized. Easier transactions, not yet taxed, low fees but on the process of having high fees for faster transactions. And in the long run, stored in wallets with private keys. Very handy and convenient to use especially when it is implemented to every market because it is used worldwide. When it comes to investment, very easy to use and profitable in many ways.
Troubles are no web, technicalities or even the wallets used.
ssuchy

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:42:14 PM

Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) has more market value Why? it's because Bitcoin's price is Higher Than Offline Currencies Price. Bitcoin is Not against to other offline currency it is the new Identity of Money Online (Bitcoin and any other coins), Bitcoin and offline Currency (FIAT) is Really Different BTC Online FIAT offline. Crypto always transact in ONLINE, but offline Currency (FIAT) transacts either offline or ONLINE hope this Helps a Little bit.
nevertheless, none of the people are tired of switching to crypto currency, because almost the minimum population of the planet is familiar with this technology and the money they represent. I think it will take a very long time to popularize Bitcoin in the community, and still I think that Bitcoin is a currency for a certain Circle of people, and not for all of humanity. That is why electronic fiat will take the leading positions in the financial world.
/GeertJohan

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:40:32 PM

Hi newbie,

I thought, you mean other currencies means fiat currency..

To compare those things are like BTC and fiat had a lot of difference.. And my opinion is bitcoin is better than fiat currency.. Because the reason is bitcoin has more benefits like it is untraceable and more secure than other. The BTC value will going up in future..

Fiat currency is really tough to save..  And the price is always idle.
prettypearl (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:16:01 PM

Basically we can explain that with Bitcoin we can buy whatever we want. it has become the basis that Bitcoin is a precious and valuable items such as other real money. Compared to real money, of course Bitcoin is still far from expectations, we all know that Bitcoin can not enter the sector that does not have internet access, therefore currently most Bitcoin users are those living in urban areas. I really crave that one day Bitcoin can be used by everyone, we are all currently waiting for infrastructure to support the use of Bitcoin can be realized and evenly distributed in various regions. If this can be realized then I am sure that Bitcoin could be one of the biggest economic forces in the world today. there must be support from various parties to be able to realize this all.

With your reply, we should expect a big bang with the use of bitcoin in the economic market with the support from various sources right?
Let's keep our fingers crossed then.
Thanks
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:47:49 PM

Bitcoin vs Offline currencies? Then it would depend on which thing you do like to know when it comes on market value then Bitcoin doesnt stood a chance in local fiat currencies if you do really try to see on how big do have on local fiats. Bitcoin might have a high value but when we do speak on stability or foundation then fiat would always stand on the peak on which most people will sure choose up.
prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:32:15 PM

For me to compare bitcoin in fiat, gold and other source of currency, bitcoin still has a lot of space for improvement bitcoin hasbit's disadvantage and advantage of course bitcoin only rely in the internet but it make transaction much more easier but fiat on the other hand is tangible it means you can see it with your own eyes and hold it with your own hands and that's what i think why a lot of people still not interested in bitcoin because what they want is the tangible one.

Thanks for your comment
Invariably, your preference does not lie with bitcoin because of the condition attached to it for smooth operation, right?
Let's look forward to improvement in that section, okay?
prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:02:20 PM

For me to compare bitcoin in fiat, gold and other source of currency, bitcoin still has a lot of space for improvement bitcoin hasbit's disadvantage and advantage of course bitcoin only rely in the internet but it make transaction much more easier but fiat on the other hand is tangible it means you can see it with your own eyes and hold it with your own hands and that's what i think why a lot of people still not interested in bitcoin because what they want is the tangible one.
I would not say the reason why fiat is more tangible is because you can see it with your own eyes. It has always been the traditional means of payment for a very long time and just very few people know about bitcoin which is why I agree with you that bitcoin still has a lot of room to grow and develop.

Bitcoin is very useful and also not easy to just come by most especially these days and it is normal because assets too are always like that and the early adopters are always the ones to reap most of the benefits. So, I would rather say, time will tell, because right now, everything is evolving.

Like you said ; time will tell.
Thanks for your comment.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:20:56 PM

Let's look forward to improvement in that section, okay?

Improvement is already here (SegWit), but it lacks actual usage. Another important implementation (Lightning Network) is something that's being worked on, where if implemented, Bitcoin can't further improve in terms of its currency aspect. We just have to accept that the volatility, which is another 'obstacle' in that regard, will likely always be part of this market. But then again, people will always have something to complain about. If the market is volatile, people complain and want more stability. If the market experiences a stable period, people complain about the market being boring, and want the volatility back. It's basically similar to how people react on the weather....
prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:24:13 PM

Bitcoin has a vast demand and supply in market than all offline currencies, the present value of bitcoin describes its importance itself.
It's instantaneous transfer feature attracts, even compels large organisations to accept bitcoin as a primary method.
Nearly in five years, use of fiat currency would be negligible for sure.

Point noted.
Thanks for your contribution.
prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:36:00 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 01:00:35 AM by prettypearl

By other "offline currencies", I guess that you mean to gold and cash, let me explain why bitcoin is better then them.

We cant still be sure if bitcoin wont really lose its value since we dont know what would actually happen yet on future years to come in btc. The thing why bitcoin do have high interest because of its benefits like its new way payment system and at the same time the opportunity of making money. This is one of the advantage on where offline currencies can match the thing here is that bitcoin isnt been backed by government which some people would see this as a drawback specially to those who do trust fiat currencies soo much.

Point noted
Thanks for your comment and contribution.
prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:20:49 AM

Hi and welcome to Bitcoin Forum!  Smiley

Bitcoin is basically a worldwide cryptocurrency and digital payment system called the first decentralized digital currency, as the system works without a single administrator.Bitcoin is better than other offline currencies in following ways:
• Bitcoin is better than regular currency as Bitcoin has the [capability] to be send and recieve money in an easy and secured way whereas other offline currencies consumes time and effort to transfer it from one place to another.
• Bitcoin’s [future is brighter than other offline currencies] as it’s marketvalue is getting higher day by day which increases the chance of profit. Bill Gates highlighted it’s importance by stating that “Bitcoin is Better Than Currency”.
• Bitcoin’s [security beats other offline currencies security].Bitcoin can be backed uo and saved to other servers, saved in wallets, or in offline vaults whereas, other currencies can be lost or theft.
• Bitcoin [doesnot act like Banks],we alone can control nad manage it knowing that soon it’s value will increase. Also, there is no tax to less on our profit.
• Bitcoin [increases the speed of transaction]as it is online transaction system which other offline currencies are not.

Point noted.
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:25:56 AM

Well I think Bitcoin is an currency and can be used as an asset unlike offline currency that is just a currency, in short you can make money in currency like bitcoin it's an investment but offline currency is tangible that's what its advantage that bitcoin don't have but still bitcoin has a bright future.

prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:42:57 AM

At present moment, Bitcoin's demand is huge and increasing in a fast pace. Moreover online stores have already started to accept Bitcoin only, but I believe other cryptocurrencies will also be accepted.
Atleast in far future the use of offline fiats will be somehow reduced for sure.

I see that this discussion is between future and past. Fiat is new to the world in the year of 1769 when the time we first paper money but since world adopts to digitalization we will give further to use the bitcoin and other crypto currencies as their national currency but I am really looking forward to know the bitcoin as a national currency if that is belongs to my country means I will be glad more about it.
However, these kind of discussion will goes like rubber band and expand it more than a 10 plus pages by saying the same information again and again.

Point noted.
prettypearl (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:53:34 AM

It's really up to what you want to use each for. Considering that you're probably talking about fiat, I would say that if you want to use something more as a currency, use fiat. It's accepted much more across multiple platforms; it's what the sellers normally expect you to use to pay. If you're looking to get a form of payment that ranges in the evaluation and one that works as an asset/investment as well, work with bitcoin. You'll have gains in the future and be able to use it then.

Point noted.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:37:07 AM

Bitcoin value are rapidly increasing, so I never doubted if one day bitcoin surpass other offline currency in the world. I was completely believe that bitcoin is the future currency of the world. I'm looking forward to the value of bitcoin in the crypto industry this coming 2018. Most of the users are correct to their speculation because this coin now are totally reach $10,000. Obviously that offline money or paper currency are no longer increase their value in the market whatever happened.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:38:32 AM

great explanaition mate,enough for the op to understand what you trying to
Impose,but what captured my attention is when you said "YOU WONT LOSS VALUE AT
THE LONG RUN" because as we know bitcoin value wasnt stable,it dump and bump and
No one can tell what will the future of all crypto currencies,if they will stay on high value
Or will drops for tomorrow,

For me better to sau that Bitcoins advantage is when it pumps our investments could
Earn big profit while in physical money we can ewrn nothing.upon holding
Bigbangcrazy

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:36:09 AM

Why not try to use the bitcoin to end inflation of paper money? If the bitcoin can't be inflated, this should create a reason to no longer create anymore currency to balance out its current value and maybe even create a much more stable economy that no one has ever seen before. But that's just my opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: