Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:05:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *Pictures Added* [WTS] Silver/Gold Bullion/Coins & Numismatics in ALL Forms  (Read 1892 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:51:25 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2013, 08:53:56 PM by johnniewalker

Persistance really does pay off. The shop owner of the coin store I've been going to for about a year, 3 times a week finally offered me a part-time position (I asked if he had any work available a long time ago).

Truthfully I don't know how he ran his shop with only himself and one other full-time employee. He said he hired me now so that he could go to sleep at night-considering the state of silver and especially gold at the moment. The store is very high volume in terms of both buying and selling. Its inventory is massive (this shop was the only one within about a 15 mile radius that had Silver when the price dropped like it did recently).

I won't even list specifically what is available because the answer is just about everything. As far as the bullion aspect of the store goes, they sell everything from 100ozt silver bars (and even a 1,000ozt bar one time, he said) to 10ozt bars, 5ozt bars, sometimes even 3ozt bars (RARE), and of course 1ozt bars. Also there's always 90% junk US silver on hand. And, in the "buy back" bin (1 ozt are ALWAYS $1.50 over spot) I sometimes get lucky and find Norfed Rounds, Old Engelhards, and recently the rarest Silver Bullet Silver Shield round. I asked why he doesn't pull coins like that out (he could obviously make more money if he did)-he said because he thinks the notion of Numismatic Bullion is 1) ridiculous and 2) too much to keep up with. Silver is silver for him. Its not always for me, so I get very lucky sometimes!

Regarding gold bullion they carry 1ozt bars (usually always PAMP Suisse), American Eagles, Maple Leafs, Krugerrands, Pandas, Libertads, Philharmonics, Perth Mint Stuff, and a few more. These are almost always available in-stock as 1ozt, 1/10 ozt, and 1/20ozt (not all countries make this size...but I know Canada and Mexico does) pieces. Also, he sells gold that has numismatic (rare coin) value, too. Some of those pieces are really cool.

Occasionally, too, he's got an item thats not one you see everyday. By this I mean things like 5oz Libertads, 5oz Perth Mint stuff, etc. There's a small section for old American paper notes. Its pretty cool-there's everything from a ticket to the world fair when Lincoln was president to more common and rare denomination Confederate Bills. There are a couple binders full of world paper notes, most of them professionally graded.

The owner's true passion are his rare coin; Numismatics. He does sell "raw" (not professionally graded coins), but only if they are "BU" (Brilliant Uncirculated) or a key date/mintmark or interesting (like communist/fascist stuff-and more). His collection of "raw" world coins is extensive. He said (and it makes sense) that it is those coins that passers-by who decide to check out the shop end up buying. There are plenty of them in everyone's price range (examples-I bought a USSR coin with Lenin's face on it for $2.95. I bought an AD 235 Roman Silver Denarius for $35. The list goes on). They're one of my favorite things to look at when I browse the shop.

In closing with the above, keep in mind that a "numismatic" coin could and most likely does (most rare coins are old-and they usually made them out of precious metals) hold rare metal value, too!

Finally, and it might be the majority of what is ALWAYS in stock, he has a HUGE collection of professionally graded coins. There are a ton of "coin grading" companies. Most of them are scams-they put your coin in a capsule and hastily grade it. Some fake rare coins (it was done as a test) were sent off to be graded by some of these "companies". A number didn't even recognize them as fakes! Anyways, there are only 2 real respected grading companies in the "numismatic world". They are [acronyms] NGC and PCGS. An argument could be made that ANACs is respected, too. It is, but not to high enough a standard for him...only coins graded by either NGC or PCGS are in his store, he said (doesn't buy back any others and certainly doesn't sell them). Let that be a testament to the shop and what they sell.

Wow, I'm sorry this is so long a post. To summarize what I wanted to get across: I would love to be the "precious metals/rare coins guy" on here. If you wanted any sort of item, I could get it for you. The store's prices and premiums over spot are very reasonable-you can get an ounce of silver for $1.50 over spot.  And I definitely wouldn't be making a killing off of this service (by any means). A huge part of it is I just like coins. If you want, before you buy a coin/bullion piece, whatever it may be, I would be happy to consult with you if something seems sketchy, or just to double check. The last thing I have to say is right here: If you are looking for ANY tough to find silver and/or gold pieces, as well as rare coins, and obviously are trying to find the best deal, please at least PM me to see if I can help (I bet I can  Wink )

*As far as prices go, show me the lowest price you can find and I will see if I can beat it!*

**Also, I feel obligated to say that I will not be able to accommodate all orders to be paid for in BTC. I wish I could, but I just graduated (college) and already have loans I have to pay back. I'll certainly accommodate orders in BTC as best as I can. But, what I'm trying to do is build-up a reputation for offering the lowest prices (cash) on bullion/coin items, as well as cash-handling trust. I've done I can't even begin to count how many transactions in BTC-but I feel like cash is a different game to people.**

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fourd00rgtz

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:21:21 PM

What sort of shipping and insurance options would you offer, and to where?
dilatedPixel

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:50:30 PM

Current inventory and some pictures would be helpful.
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 03:55:24 PM

I usually purchase from apmex, if you can beat their prices, delivery and customer service you may just have a client for life.

Pics and inventory would be nice.

Do they have a website?
Name of the company, address etc would be helpful as well.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:39:24 PM

Current inventory and some pictures would be helpful.
Interested once posted.
randrace

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:42:32 PM

Congratulations on the job! When I have something in mind to buy, I'll give you buzz.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 01:18:25 AM

Congratulations on the job! When I have something in mind to buy, I'll give you buzz.
Thanks a lot! To everyone else, I will take plenty of pictures the next day I'm scheduled to work. What is out on display though are primarily numismatic items, (its not that exciting to have silver buffaloes everywhere) but there is definitely a good amount of bullion on display, too.

Since the shop is so high-volume and buys, there are a lot of unique pieces that flow in and out. Thats how I got lucky with my Norfed and Silver Bullet Silver Shield coins. Remember, there silver is silver.

The shop usually always has bars of all sizes in stock. Brands always vary. Also, generic rounds are always available, along with a basically constant supply of Eagles, Perth Mint stuff, Libertads...it depends, but not just "generic" rounds-untouched rounds from National Mints (which usually always carry a slightly higher premium than the generic rounds).

As far as gold goes, supply is not as great as silver-just for the time being. Its just a consequence of the recent price drop of gold. Odds are though you can always snag at least 1 Pamp Bar or 1oz Eagle without being put on the waiting list (usually takes only a few days). Their supply of fractional and numismatic gold is pretty good. Its on display, too, so you will see pictures of it.

Of course what is available is what is available. But its a very high volume coin shop-if you want something particular thats hard to find elsewhere, odds are you can find it there. So, if you have any request for a more unique/rare/just hard to find item, let me know.

Will update with pics soon. Please stay posted.

Thanks!
sprint347

Activity: 193

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 01:22:42 AM

Where are you shipping from?
Would you accept LTC?

I'm interested in exchanging crypto for metals but the freight costs are the killer.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 01:26:36 AM

Where are you shipping from?
Would you accept LTC?

I'm interested in exchanging crypto for metals but the freight costs are the killer.
Shipping from Southern California, USA. I'd have to look into litecoins some more, but maybe! Where are you located?
djdollabill

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:39:21 AM

JW thanks for that informative post.

Where is your shop located?  Are you willing to do "in-person" deals buying and selling?

Thanks again.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:07:09 PM

Will you do escrow?  What is the price over spot for a 1oz pamp gold bar?  What about a 1oz gold eagle?

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
MikeMark

Activity: 179

Bitcoin: money chosen by the market.

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:40:08 AM

I'm interested in Silver Maple Leafs. Price by the 25 pack, preferably mint sealed or repacked for ship, ship to near zip 82801.

Also interested in the early roman denarius you spoke about. I'd like to have one of those for my collection. Might you have another available in a reasonable condition (G - F)? At what price?

What about American Buffalos?

The Path of the Just is as the Shining Light...
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:40:32 PM

Pictures! As you can see, its primarily the numismatic stuff on display. There are some popular bullion items on display (random 1oz bars, Maple Leaves, Libertads, Eagles, etc). Usually 10oz bars are always in stock (not displayed), and an order can always be placed (usually for 100oz bars or "Monster Boxes"). As you can see, some fractional and numismatic gold is on display. Also there is the sole PAMP bar. Its not the only one currently in stock-the owner just has a thing about putting out too much gold. PAMP bars are the most common form of gold bullion we sell, but basically always in-stock are 1oz Eagles, Indian Heads, and occasionally things like 1oz Maple Leaves and sometimes even Krugerrands. If you see something you like in the pictures-cool, let me know. Otherwise, I envisioned this more as you are seeking a particular item and I will grab it for you. PM w/any interest or questions.

Thanks!

johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:57:52 PM

JW thanks for that informative post.

Where is your shop located?  Are you willing to do "in-person" deals buying and selling?

Thanks again.
Yes, very willing to do in-person deals. Especially since some orders will have to be in cash. Literally you could give me the cash, wait outside for me to buy your stuff with my unspoken/informal employee discount, I buy your stuff (cheaper than you'd find it anywhere else-that's the idea!), give it to you, we shake hands and walk away pleased.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:02:51 PM

Will you do escrow?  What is the price over spot for a 1oz pamp gold bar?  What about a 1oz gold eagle?
It changes everyday...but show me a price and I will try to beat it. And yes, willing to do escrow. No shadiness going on here, I just want to take advantage of my ability to get items cheaper than retail and make some money.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 11:09:47 PM

Will you do escrow?  What is the price over spot for a 1oz pamp gold bar?  What about a 1oz gold eagle?
It changes everyday...but show me a price and I will try to beat it. And yes, willing to do escrow. No shadiness going on here, I just want to take advantage of my ability to get items cheaper than retail and make some money.

APMEX is offering pamp bars @ $30 over spot.

http://www.apmex.com/product/11951?utm_source=HomePage&utm_medium=FlashBanner&utm_campaign=062513product11951

Also what is the cost for shipping within the US?  Insured?  Thanks.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2215
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:53:35 AM

can you get the new release 1oz australian stock horse? better than apmex prices?

space for rent, shilling for sats
Jenger

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:59:21 PM

Any gold pesos (2 or 2.5), $1 US gold coins, 1/20 or 1/10oz gold? What about morgan & peace dollars? Not interested in any graded coins or rounds.

Do you guys also sell paper currency? (Small notes)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: