Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:39:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Error message "Error Response Invalid signature" on blockchain.info android app  (Read 4847 times)
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 02:32:03 PM

Please can anyone experiencing the "Error Response Invalid signature" error please update to the latest version (3.54) and report back if the problem is fixed.

If the problem is not fixed, an alternate work around is to login through the web interface.

jadair10

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:47:50 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 07:05:54 PM by jadair10

Please can anyone experiencing the "Error Response Invalid signature" error please update to the latest version (3.54) and report back if the problem is fixed.

If the problem is not fixed, an alternate work around is to login through the web interface.

I too was getting "Error Response Invalid signature" on my Galaxy S4 with blockchain.info app. Updated to blockchain v3.52 yesterday. Today, I attempted to transfer to another address from the cell and got the same error. Created a new address in the same wallet, online — I knew my passphase of course; then transferred from old address to new address online and it worked. Then was able to spend it from the newly created address on my cell phone. So all appears good... probably except that my primary blockchain.info "This Is Your Bitcoin Address" address I suspect is broken.

I just updated to v3.55, but have not tested it.

piuk

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:06:29 PM

I too was getting "Error Response Invalid signature" on my Galaxy S4 with blockchain.info app. Updated to blockchain v3.52 yesterday. Today, I attempted to transfer to another address from the cell and got the same error. Created a new address in the same wallet, online — I knew my passphase of course; then transferred from old address to new address online and it worked. Then was able to spend it from the newly created address on my cell phone. So all appears good... probably except that my primary blockchain.info "This Is Your Bitcoin Address" address I suspect is broken.

The fixed was actually included in v3.54 release today. Did you update today as well? Would it be possible you could test your old address (the one known to cause issues) with the latest app. If you post it I will send some bitcents to it.

jadair10

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:29:34 PM

The fixed was actually included in v3.54 release today. Did you update today as well? Would it be possible you could test your old address (the one known to cause issues) with the latest app. If you post it I will send some bitcents to it.

I updated yesterday to v3.52, did all that I mentioned above, and today updated to v3.55. The "This Is Your Bitcoin Address" on my wallet with v3.55 has changed and it appears that my old "This Is Your Bitcoin Address" is gone, or swept, or both. idk. I hope the code automatically will monitor those old addresses to make sure any funds are swept to the new addresses. Is this what you want me to test?
piuk

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:34:06 PM

I updated yesterday to v3.52, did all that I mentioned above, and today updated to v3.55. The "This Is Your Bitcoin Address" on my wallet with v3.55 has changed and it appears that my old "This Is Your Bitcoin Address" is gone, or swept, or both. idk. I hope the code automatically will monitor those old addresses to make sure any funds are swept to the new addresses. Is this what you want me to test?

The old bitcoin address has been moved into Archived addresses so you will be able to receive funds to it, it is just hidden from the main view. If you could unarchive that address temporally and test sending from that address using the android app that would be great.

NeedChangeNow

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:49:41 PM

I updated yesterday and it didn't fix the problem. I updated today and the problem has been solved and was able to move my btc from the phone to another wallet after doing the automatic address change when the app started for the first time with the new update.

I knew I didn't have another password besides the pincode for the blockchain app on my phone but couldn't verify that until now... Thanks for the info and development.
jadair10

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:53:32 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 08:26:57 PM by jadair10

The old bitcoin address has been moved into Archived addresses so you will be able to receive funds to it, it is just hidden from the main view. If you could unarchive that address temporally and test sending from that address using the android app that would be great.

It worked. I sent 0.001 to my old "This is Your Bitcoin Address", then spent it using the phone.

Also, @piuk, if you are updating the app:
Do not blank the "Enter PIN" form after the pin is entered: it looks odd. I like the "Validating PIN" notice and the "PIN verified" notice; blank the "Enter PIN" form after the form is down and out of sight, if you know what I mean.
Lifeenjoyer

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:58:37 PM

Hi
I had the same problem, so since I stumbled upon this thread during my desperate search for help, I thought I would write down my solution here.
After a lot of tries (thank god for teamwins "load backup" function on my Android, or my btc would be lost), I came up with a method that worked for me.
For some reason I seemed to have two BTC addresses to send from on my android, and it was not synced with the login I have over at blockchain.info either, though I remember trying to sync them.  

Here is what I did:
1. First go to "Account Settings" in the Blockchain app, and write down your Identifier.
2. Next, go to https://blockchain.info and klick "Wallet", and then "Login now" button.
3. log in with your identifier and password. MAKE SURE it is the same identifier as in step one.

Now you can send your bitcoins somewhere else!  Grin
This worked for me at least. Since it turned out that I had different identifiers for the web and for my android so what I did was to transfer my btc to the other identifier and then paired my android device with the latter instead (by pressing the Blockchain logo in the top left corner). Now the app works fine for me. I think the problem was that I had somehow created another BTC wallet or something.

Hope this helps.

any thankful btc can be sent to BTC 1KgiiiD6u9njgSLaYMuGtFNcjcrdkPwx5T  Wink

Thanks for trying but that didn't help. The wallet ID is correct on the account settings page. The password I try to login with is "incorrect" according to multibit and blockchain's website but when I try the pincode I use with the blockchain app on my phone it's "verified" correctly which makes me wonder why it doesn't work on the bc's website or multibit.

The four digit pincode used in the app is different from that on your login at the blockchain's website... I hope you remember the website password.
triptech

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:35:28 PM

Solution!

I had this issue when not setting a password on the wallet.

It wouldnt take my pin - all though id get a success key[0] toast notification and it would bomb me out.

After checking through the phones files I found /data/data/puki.blockchain<something>/shared/<file>.xml

In there was a GUID - which was the identifier.

After trawling the source code I found that if no password set the default is:

If you set no password on your account and just a pin by default the password is:

PIN + PIN + PIN

That's not to say 3003 + 3003 + 3003 = 9009.

Go to the website. Enter in your identifiyer.

For your password (pin in this example is 3003) enter in:

and your in! Just worked for me. Blockchain support are useless.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: