Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:37:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ThickAsThieves abusing feedback system to silence critics. Please remove  (Read 1982 times)
bitcoinplay (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Play!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:42:37 PM

ThickAsThieves offered an investment where he caused his investors to lose money, while he profited at the expense of investors. This is untrustworthy. An asset issuer must have the investor's best interests in mind, just like how a lawyer must have his client's best interests in mind. Even if he is defending him over murder or something.

After I have left him feedback, he has responded by leaving me feedback - trying to blackmail me into removing my feedback.

I noticed that theymos trusts this person. Please stop trusting TAT. He also accuses me and other users who criticizes him (and lost money!!) of being sockpuppets.

Bitcoin Play, the source of everything bitcoin! Donate: 1KPyjjUWge1vDou2bQXJkZfA2dV5NKTWmv
Faucet Donation: 1BhrsvzcbjP6cPUrQDBjYbTztnHHFDLE9W

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:45:29 PM

ThickAsThieves offered an investment where he caused his investors to lose money, while he profited at the expense of investors. This is untrustworthy. An asset issuer must have the investor's best interests in mind, just like how a lawyer must have his client's best interests in mind. Even if he is defending him over murder or something.

After I have left him feedback, he has responded by leaving me feedback - trying to blackmail me into removing my feedback.

I noticed that theymos trusts this person. Please stop trusting TAT. He also accuses me and other users who criticizes him (and lost money!!) of being sockpuppets.

Interesting allegations but you realy should post the texts of emails, PMs or IM chats which substantiate your claims.  You'd get a lot more support for your position if you did.

My $.02.

Smiley

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:51:20 PM

This user contacted me via IRC asking me to buy back his shares in a mining bond I issue, threatening to start a smear campaign if I refused.

I have not made any threats or failed any promises. My asset description is extremely transparent, and I am a well-trusted bitcoiner by many other well-trusted bitcoiners.

You are just watching the unfolding of him following through with trying to hurt my reputation because I did not give in to HIS blackmailing.

I also suspect he is using several sock accounts in this process.
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:55:32 PM

I also suspect he is using several sock accounts in this process.

In this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239674.msg2541983#msg2541983, one of the complainers (bitcoinplay) posts an offer for sale of his ASICMiner shares while another complainer (Jowbob), who has no post history of being involved with ASICMiner shares or auctions quotes the post and comments to support it.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:58:25 PM

Can you guys post logs / proof? Without it, just hearsay, which I am not going to pay any attention to.

ThickAtThieves post the IRC log. bitcoinplay post proof that you lost money.

The log is ridiculously long, but if a moderator pm's me because they need it to actually take some kind of action, I will provide it.

In the end, I'm not sure what it proves, since it's just an editable text log.

I trust that this is what the new Trust system was made for, and that my history stands for me too.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:59:08 PM

Not really pertinent to the matter at hand and only a random thought but a good friend of mine wrote the book "Thick As Thieves" which became the HBO movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147599/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
bitcoinplay (OP)

Bitcoin Play!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:59:30 PM

Can you guys post logs / proof? Without it, just hearsay, which I am not going to pay any attention to.

The log is ridiculously long, but if a moderator pm's me because they need it to actually take some kind of action, I will provide it.

In the end, I'm not sure what it proves, since it's just an editable text log.

I trust that this is what the new Trust system was made for, and that my history stands for me too.
LIES!!!

I *just* found out what IRC is. I have never talked to you!!

Bitcoin Play, the source of everything bitcoin! Donate: 1KPyjjUWge1vDou2bQXJkZfA2dV5NKTWmv
bitcoinplay (OP)

Bitcoin Play!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:59:58 PM

You are now making up evidence! You don't want to post the logs because you HAVE NONE! I have never talked to you!

LIES

Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:02:47 PM

Did you even read the first page of the investment before pumping coins in it?

Yay, waste more coins on PMBs that will have zero value soon Smiley

Take a look at this: http://bitcoindifficulty.com/

Print it out, hang it on your wall - upside down - and this is your PMB's value.

There is no denying that there is a market of people that want to buy their hashes through mining assets on the exchanges, rather than buy mining equipment themselves.

My goal was to lower that cost with this asset. It is priced to be less expensive than any other mining bond, per hash. Hopefully people will see that they are overpaying elsewhere, and take the opportunity to lessen their overhead.

He did provide a cheaper alternative at that time, if you had bought one of the other PMBs you would have lost even more.
Also TAT delivered everything he has promised.
Not saying it's great though, I think Deprived is the first one that created a PMB that might be valued fair in the future.
PMBs are still way too overvalued and people will continue to lose money on them.
bitcoinplay (OP)

Bitcoin Play!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 01:09:19 PM

I have asked John K about asicminer escrow along with how I can prove that I am not a sockpuppet to him..

I am still waiting for your imaginary made up evidence of our "conversation" that never existed!

TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:52:40 PM

So you invested, lost money, left him negative feedback, and he left you negative feedback? 

How many investors did he have, and how many of them left him negative feedback?  Looks like only one left negative feedback...

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:57:21 PM

Because...why?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
TomUnderSea

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:49:47 PM

Because...why?

So the mod can assign a scammer tag of course.

Wait.  They don't do that any more.  We just us the TRUST system complete with all the warts and fails built into it.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:56:42 PM

Because...why?

So the mod can assign a scammer tag of course.

Wait.  They don't do that any more.  We just us the TRUST system complete with all the warts and fails built into it.

In this case it worked splendidly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: