Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:49:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Little Single  (Read 1674 times)
Rival (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:34:57 PM

"We are working to configure the Little Single. Given the way our units have turned out we have had to make adjustments on each one. The LS was the last to be announced, so it is the last to be configured for production."

It is my understanding that the LS and the Single both use identical hardware, albeit less ASICs on the LS. If this is the case, the order of shipping could be maintained by building 25gh and 50gh as a single product line, and simply configuring each unit as a "customization" for the client. This would in essence create three order queues; one for jally's, one for LS and Singles combined, and one for Minirigs. Each queue would obviously be independent of each other, and ship queue order of that particular line would be shipping different order dates depending upon availability of boards.

That said, I wonder if some large disparity could develop due to these factors. Considering that a very large percentage of the total order pool are Jallys, I would think it possible that production of singles and LS could actually end up getting units into users mailboxes much faster than the Jallys. That is to say, a Jally ordered in Feb may take two to three months longer to arrive than a single ordered on the very same paydate. Were the LS and Singles separate lines, You could be looking at getting the LS models in almost no time due to the extremely low order rate.

I tend to think the Minirigs are a bit more custom and therefore are almost impossible to project dates. What think you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Holographic

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Global Currency for Global Unity

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 04:50:25 PM

Very disappointed in BFL right now....but just to be perfectly clear: I do not want a refund, I want my ordered product.

I usually don't complain much, but this is honestly going too far. I ordered a bunch of jalapenos within the first few hours of the pre-order form coming online, and have a very early order number and payment date. Later I upgraded the order to LS, while being assured the upgrade would not affect my shipment date. Now the lies are really starting to pile up. It has been about a year now, since I placed my order, and people who ordered in september have had their Jalapenos shipped.

Obviously, not everything went as BFL planned them. Fair enough, problems arise, and you do the best you can. But is this really the best BFL can do?

The thing I really don't understand, is the attitude toward their customers. The way that update about the Little Single is worded, it really reads as if we, the customers, should have known the LS would be configured and shipped last....because it "was the last to be announced"...duh! Since they reassured customers it would not affect shipment date, that is a slap in the face to be honest.

It would have been nice with a more detailed explanation and timeline from BFL, and maybe an apology of some sort. But then again, why would we expect this, it's not like we funded their ASIC R&D, their wages and the entire company for a year with our pre-order money, while constantly swallowing lies...

I'm sorry I didn't answer your question Rival, but my rant is at least somewhat on topic Wink

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:07:22 PM

Very disappointed in BFL right now....but just to be perfectly clear: I do not want a refund, I want my ordered product.

I usually don't complain much, but this is honestly going too far. I ordered a bunch of jalapenos within the first few hours of the pre-order form coming online, and have a very early order number and payment date. Later I upgraded the order to LS, while being assured the upgrade would not affect my shipment date. Now the lies are really starting to pile up. It has been about a year now, since I placed my order, and people who ordered in september have had their Jalapenos shipped.

Obviously, not everything went as BFL planned them. Fair enough, problems arise, and you do the best you can. But is this really the best BFL can do?

The thing I really don't understand, is the attitude toward their customers. The way that update about the Little Single is worded, it really reads as if we, the customers, should have known the LS would be configured and shipped last....because it "was the last to be announced"...duh! Since they reassured customers it would not affect shipment date, that is a slap in the face to be honest.

It would have been nice with a more detailed explanation and timeline from BFL, and maybe an apology of some sort. But then again, why would we expect this, it's not like we funded their ASIC R&D, their wages and the entire company for a year with our pre-order money, while constantly swallowing lies...

I'm sorry I didn't answer your question Rival, but my rant is at least somewhat on topic Wink

This is why we no longer give a shit about this forum;  Everyone here is monumental assholes, no matter how accommodating one tries to be.  

Do "monumental assholes" go into a different shipping queue than normal BFL customers? Embarrassed

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:18:24 PM

"I'm surrounded by assholes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3YElLVMjEs

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:25:58 PM

"I'm surrounded by assholes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3YElLVMjEs

Great movie.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 12:09:11 AM

Holy crap,I saw that last night..........................WTF??? I'm with ya Holographic,"you are not alone",I did the same with my 4 Jalapeno's....................................%^$#@*(!)^$#*'s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 12:23:43 AM

Stop complaining people. Hope you all don't get the "Xian" treatment.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 12:56:57 AM

Oh yessir Mr Josh Sir  Roll Eyes God forbid we complain........................................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 01:18:04 PM

Oh yessir Mr Josh Sir  Roll Eyes God forbid we complain........................................

Get your sock puppets straight. I am not him.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
tbd

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:07:35 PM

I thought the first BFL ASIC device was Luke-Jr's Little Single, which has been running since April 1st?  How did it end up the last to be configured for production?
awgilyas

Activity: 147

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:45:35 AM

I thought the first BFL ASIC device was Luke-Jr's Little Single, which has been running since April 1st?  How did it end up the last to be configured for production?

This!

Tempted to ask for a refund, but anything else seems unfeasible to buy right now.

1AwangATDktxLw8e6VaDijw9AMWz5wy8bx
polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 02:33:30 PM

If you haven't been paying attention, the first Little Single (Luke-Jr's) was a short board as per original design - which had to get reworked into long boards due to power and heat issues.

You can't really compare anything based on that unit, albeit it did become the standard configuration for the Jalapeno.

that said, the LS is pretty much a modified Single and should begin shipping soon IMHO.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: