Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:46:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mitigating the risk of Ethereum switching to POS in 2018  (Read 452 times)
m.vina (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:00:17 AM

As an educated miner, what are possible mitigating actions I can do to secure my mining investment given that there is a high probability that Ethereum will push through with the switch to POS in 2018?

I understand that I can always shift to another coin then, but what i'm really asking is, are there any PROACTIVE actions I can do TODAY that will reduce the risk of not being able to ROI on my mining investment?

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 07:14:23 AM

One thing i can think of is to sell your mining rig prior to the switch to POS. It will be easy to sell the components because these are all used as regular components of a normal computer. The graphics cards will be easier to sell because there is a demand from gamers who use these to play computer video games.

Looking forward to read ideas/strategies from other people as well.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:27:48 AM

As an educated miner, what are possible mitigating actions I can do to secure my mining investment given that there is a high probability that Ethereum will push through with the switch to POS in 2018?

I understand that I can always shift to another coin then, but what i'm really asking is, are there any PROACTIVE actions I can do TODAY that will reduce the risk of not being able to ROI on my mining investment?

Dude, ETH is not the only profitable coin around, and don't worry, every now and the new coins are always born, in 2017 alone there are new born coins that is profitable than ETH, Ex. ETN and PIRL.

Aside from the worst case scenario that could happen, you may do comments above
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:50:49 AM

EXP is up 50% today another ETHASH coin

Equihash only needs 650MB GPU cards, pretty soon ETH-ETHASH will want over 3GB and rising

POS ( piece of shit ) isn't going to happen butt-boy buterin, has figure out nobody wants to play [ stake-holder, rich guy can buy influence to play, yep great idea, sounds like ICO nirvanna ]

ETH hasn't been profitable to mine for a long time,

Z's are the place to be equihash, right now everybody is on the shitty bitcoin-gold BTG a brand-new equihash coin

Ton's of options, problem is ETH is dead, U probably should have gone with a new coin long ago.

Well U said Shift to another coin LIKE YESTERDAY or sell your HW

How old is your stuff like 2012 or 2016?

How much memory in your cards, Not all ETHASH is moving to POS, equihash is a much better algo, it was designed to be asic resistant, ethash was not, as soon as the chinese can put 4gb in their asic miners the ETHASH will be over for GPU, might as well jump ship yesterday, I mined ETH last year, but quit when I figured out the z-coins paid better.

For instance on EQUIHASH U get your best bang for buck with 1060-3 cards, thus when all those ETH ppl are freaking out selling those unusable cards EQUIHASH people will be snapping them up at 10% what u paid

For ETHASH EXP pays 20% more than ETH,

Sounds like your really just bored of mining, and want to sell out

If you didn't move out of ETH months ago, then you must be an extremely passive miner??

Butt-boy butterin has lost it, just the other day Zerohedge called him out as nutz, most people abandoned the ship a while back.

ETH is centralized control by butt-boy no crypto-anarchist supports his shit.
Ryuh

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:47:57 AM

On the first place i wont be worried for ETH going POS. It's 1 year from now and you probably will ROI your equipment by that time.
One year in crypto is a VERY LONG TIME. Ethereum was to be POS this year, but they keep failing every deadline, so i will not hold my breath for Casper coming next year.
Second, there always be ANOTHER coin to mine. Proof of work is here to stay, it has many advantages over PoS, that is why so many algos use it.
You have to take risks in every business, mining is the same.
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:03:52 PM

As others have said there are plenty of other coins out there that you could switch to today, another example that looks to have good potential is Metaverse ETP.

In terms of ETH moving to POS it looks be a good bit off yet, the other options would be to just keep mining it until POS happens and switch to something else then or sell your hardware before POS is implemented.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: