Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons behind failed Bitcoin Gold take off ?  (Read 460 times)
Blocks (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:51:17 AM

Though after the fork , BTC Gold kept a steady line in price , and recently touched nearly $600 per coin, but it could not maintain that enough thrust to keep price stable .. finally headed to south .. was it simple a pump and novice investors lost money in this spike , or what's objective or BTC Gold when already we have BCH and BTC ( BCH got recent pump though ) ? will such more forked coins come and sustain themselves in this crypto world ? eventually is fork's objective is to give birth to a new coin ? or its part of politics to keep price high and product premium ?  Roll Eyes

thoughts pls .. 
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:56:39 AM

Though after the fork , BTC Gold kept a steady line in price , and recently touched nearly $600 per coin, but it could not maintain that enough thrust to keep price stable .. finally headed to south .. was it simple a pump and novice investors lost money in this spike , or what's objective or BTC Gold when already we have BCH and BTC ( BCH got recent pump though ) ? will such more forked coins come and sustain themselves in this crypto world ? eventually is fork's objective is to give birth to a new coin ? or its part of politics to keep price high and product premium ?  Roll Eyes

thoughts pls .. 
Before stating if Bitcoin Gold is a success or a failure, we need to wait for the first reliable data about the computing power on the network. The bigger, the better.
Anyone here mining this coin perhaps?
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:17:22 AM

Though after the fork , BTC Gold kept a steady line in price , and recently touched nearly $600 per coin, but it could not maintain that enough thrust to keep price stable .. finally headed to south ..

whenever there is a coin like this which does a "free giveaway" to a lot of people there is always a lot of dumps. people sell what they get for free. even if some small number of then sell, the price comes down.

this happened in 2 steps for BTG. first was when the snapshot was taken and it was by exchanges. and second was recently when the mining started. and price dropped both times.

this doesn't mean it "failed". it just means you are not familiar with this market.

what's objective or BTC Gold when already we have BCH and BTC ( BCH got recent pump though ) ?

they claim it is to "decentralize mining" but the reality is that they wanted to make money that is why they premined the coin!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:36:27 AM

It's not yet even lasted for months but Bitcoin Gold already garnered negative feedbacks from the Bitcoin Community, only a fool will buy BTG when you know that they premined coins and they have this "hidden" developer , BTG is just for pump and dump scheme , the developers just want to earn. With the given reasons BTG will not gain the community's trust. Only a fool will do.
babybit2

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:42:09 AM

Not enough credibility or even reasons for it to exist beyond making a few early investors richer. Especially now BCash has taken the headlines I suspect many people have forgotten about Gold entirely.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:47:10 AM

it is too soon to talk about its failure but the biggest issue that i have found with bitcoin gold is its premine which is a very large amount of 200,000 BTG and i have seen others are not happy about it either. this is always a dishonest work by the developers to add a premine to their coins so that they can get paid by doing nothing.
so far the biggest issues such as replay protection was solves by third parties not the developers! and they still want to get paid!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Jonashe

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 11:49:09 AM

Can someone explain me how they can premine a living blockchain ? They mine in secret from X month then release 1 BTC = 1 BTG for snapshot ? But the snapshot is at the public release of when they starting mining ?

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 11:57:29 AM

Didn't they close the blockchain on their fork for a month whilst they did their own mining. They then opened the blockchain to external miners. Please correct me if I have misunderstood the situation.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Sachinist

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:12:48 PM

The developers premined and dumped the coins after launch. They don't even care about the coin anymore. It's dead in the water, just dump whatever free BTG you claim.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:15:03 PM

Nowadays,it has become much easier to fork bitcoin and create a new clone of bitcoin,probably an altcoin instead of launching a new altcoin.BTG is termed earlier as an unauthorized project.But the truth is that they have well organized themselves to premine the coin more and then allow publicly for miners to mine it.They even say that they wish to create a true decentralized bitcoin as what satoshi dreamed.Such things may even follow in future.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tashi

Activity: 391

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:20:43 PM

This is how it is going in this cryptocurrency world. When the company distributed their coin. Many of those bounty people will dump earlier and that makes the coin lose its price. That is why many coins fall off short. Just like centra, most dumped coin.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:23:59 PM

There may be some obstacles in the development of code for Bitcoin Gold. And I'm sure Developer also needs time to adjust to FUD or bad news. Which could drop the price of Bitcoin Gold. Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Silver, many are waiting for both.
Beicin

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:25:06 PM

Bitcoin Gold failed because it was a crystal clear scam from the get go, and almost everyone instantly realized this. I'm surprised the coin is still worth more than $100 to be honest. Hopefully the market will fix this issue soon and let it sink Wink

btcmayumana

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:25:24 PM

Though after the fork , BTC Gold kept a steady line in price , and recently touched nearly $600 per coin, but it could not maintain that enough thrust to keep price stable .. finally headed to south .. was it simple a pump and novice investors lost money in this spike , or what's objective or BTC Gold when already we have BCH and BTC ( BCH got recent pump though ) ? will such more forked coins come and sustain themselves in this crypto world ? eventually is fork's objective is to give birth to a new coin ? or its part of politics to keep price high and product premium ?  Roll Eyes
thoughts pls ..  
Truly, i do agree we still can't say BTG success or failure as coins. BTG distributed when fork segwit as free coins to bitcoins holders. As per time, most people who received this coins selling all out their BTG to BTC or cash. Now, BTG was hold steady in price $600, i was surprise also this coins still exist in market. As i think, BTG only for alternative safe asset not use for transactional.

prodifter

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:13:21 PM

I have not received my Bitcoin gold yet. However, I do not like the presence of BTG and BCH. They do not make sense, whales rely on these two to steal money from investors
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:13:30 PM

Bitcoin gold was already dead when its born. The reason bitcoin gold came cause cash came with great hype and people wanted to buy it to replace bitcoin etc. Gold is manipulation coin.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
Anndrianno

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:17:12 PM

I'd say that miners are to blame. The original idea behind the BTG was to provide miners, who are currently involved in mining ETH with an alternative currency, which they would mine after the GHOST protocol is implemented. However, the supply outnumbered the demand and the price fell gradually as BTG is not used for each and every ICO, so there's no additional value created

olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:23:16 PM

thoughts pls .. 

At the point when BTG was touching the all time high of $600, it was due to the reason that a lot of people have not been able to claim their BTGs as those who were able to do, were only dealing in futures because they took the risk of leaving their BTCs on the exchange platforms during the time the fork occur. So, its normal that immediately the BTG was now made available, a lot of people then have the opportunity to dump which then drive the price downwards. The same thing happened in the case of BCH that went to a low ebb before picking up again in the last couple of days.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:38:10 PM

I think the main reason for failure is a basic lack of credibility. A lot of people saw it as a get rich quick scheme trying to jump on the early success of bch, plus there was the developers-only early mining period, plus fears such as lack of replay protection, plus inevitable early dumping... all adds to a drop in price.

rzluetlhch

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:39:36 PM

BTG should never have been successful, so why did it fail?
I think the price increase of BTG is a result of malicious manipulation, because the development team of BTG is surprisingly weak and even the wallet is not very stable.Of course, there must be the responsibility of the miners, to have the rudder.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: