Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:20:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 400-600BTC CASH IN PERSON ONLY | CURRENT BITSTAMP PRICE  (Read 4534 times)
john1886 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 04:43:03 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 05:37:07 AM by john1886

Hey guys,

Looking to sell around 400BTC I want to sell 400BTC for $38,000 - In person ONLY! I'll fly you out and back.

Thanks!

EDIT: SOLD majority. Looking to sell another 400-500 at the current BITSTAMP PRICE!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:13:11 PM

Hey guys,

Looking to sell around 300BTC right now. Only doing Face to Face transactions at a bank or other public location. If you are purchasing a large amount and have to fly in; I will take the price of a round trip ticket off the final price. Trying to sell for as close to market price as I can. No I do not want to sell at MT Gox -10%. PM me offers or post them here. Looking to sell these ASAP, a ticket from Chicago into bay for tomorrow is ~500$.
I want to sell all preferably.

Thanks!

John,

I am the owner of Bitcoin-Brokers. Here is a thread which I started which highlights the website's service:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237164.0

If you have a bank account which buyers can deposit into, I would be happy to assist you with the sale of your bitcoins.

Feel free to PM me. We could start with whatever size you felt comfortable with.

I know it isn't a one shot deal, yet it is an option for you if you are interested.

Thanks.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:53:47 PM

I am not too keen on having larger amounts of money transferred into my bank; and would prefer cash on the spot.
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:59:42 PM

Up - still looking to sell ASAP! If you are buying let me fly you in!
buyer

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:48:44 PM

"No I do not want to sell at MT Gox -10%."

I'll offer you the market rate.  CampBX -10%.

Do people really still pay Mt Gox -10%?  That's crazy high.

john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:59:55 AM

Selling 400BTC for 38K flying you out and back. Edited main post also.
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:37:05 PM

Still selling - can come to you; or fly you to me.
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:54:33 PM

Tried EPiSKiNG- or Michail1 or BCB?

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
Maui

Activity: 487

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 02:16:23 AM

What's the minimum for you to fly someone in/out?

Click on my trust and select "Untrusted Feedback" for all my ratings.
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 08:07:50 PM

250 or more BTC. PM offers.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 02:27:52 AM

I'm still trying to imagine walking around with $40,000 in a suit case thinking **Please don't rob me, please don't rob me***

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Maui

Activity: 487

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 03:53:02 AM

I'm still trying to imagine walking around with $40,000 in a suit case thinking **Please don't rob me, please don't rob me***

Meet at a bank. Withdraw. Exchange.

Click on my trust and select "Untrusted Feedback" for all my ratings.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 01:03:24 PM

If I wasn't stocked up on BTC atm I would.  I will keep you in mind though, my fee's are $5.00 per BTC which may not work for you anyways.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
marhjan

Activity: 215
Merit: 105

Poorer than I ought to be

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 03:17:54 PM

An additional issue being that it is illegal to fly with over $10,000USD within the United States.   So yeah, meet at bank - withdraw - exchange is about the only semi-legal/safe way to conduct this.  Of course some may not care about violating US law but having $38k seized is a fairly large risk IMHO

Donations happily accepted @ 15qxNsc7pBiz5kXpAJykw4etzMbZitm2mk
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:10:03 PM

An additional issue being that it is illegal to fly with over $10,000USD within the United States.
Isn't this sick? WTF has anyone to care about, what we do with our money? But its the same here in Europe, if you cross borders.  Angry
Epicurus

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:14:39 PM

An additional issue being that it is illegal to fly with over $10,000USD within the United States.   

No, it's not. You just have to declare it.
suryc

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:32:20 PM

An additional issue being that it is illegal to fly with over $10,000USD within the United States.   So yeah, meet at bank - withdraw - exchange is about the only semi-legal/safe way to conduct this.  Of course some may not care about violating US law but having $38k seized is a fairly large risk IMHO

This is an urban myth

It is not illegal to fly with over $10,000 within the United States. That regulation only applies if you are traveling internationally, and in that case, all you have to do is declare it. So, it's not illegal.

Within the United States there is no regulation on how much cash you can carry when you are flying (or at any other time for that matter). Its still a free country in that sense.

http://airsafe.com/issues/baggage/cash.htm

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
mackstuart

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:59:49 PM

An additional issue being that it is illegal to fly with over $10,000USD within the United States.   So yeah, meet at bank - withdraw - exchange is about the only semi-legal/safe way to conduct this.  Of course some may not care about violating US law but having $38k seized is a fairly large risk IMHO

This is an urban myth

It is not illegal to fly with over $10,000 within the United States. That regulation only applies if you are traveling internationally, and in that case, all you have to do is declare it. So, it's not illegal.

Within the United States there is no regulation on how much cash you can carry when you are flying (or at any other time for that matter). Its still a free country in that sense.

Yep, you're right.  I still would not advise leaving the country on plane with more than 10k even when declaring it because your problem will not be so much as LEAVING the country or taking a flight, but more so of ENTERING into the country that is your destination.  I can tell you for a fact that Europe is not gonna give you a pass on that without checking into it.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:17:52 PM

This is an urban myth

Correct!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:30:50 PM

I've flown domestic flights with well over 10K. That 10K idea is for international - For domestic there is no set amount. Or if you do not feel safe you can get a cashiers check under your name and cash it out when you get to the bank.

Up still selling 400 for 38K
cptmooseinc

Activity: 396

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:37:13 PM

There was a guy on here named EPiSKiNG that was doing a lot of these large buys and sells. I would suggest looking him up and seeing if he still does these. He may even be in California if my memory serves me right.

The Moose's Tip Jar: BTC - 1HoTm9ZqrEmD5Tvs5qAdPM311agyN3eHra
LTC - LPg9svS4dcK5Kzy6HUoef8icrnDxED3ZVA
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:34:04 PM

Already contacted him. UP. Still for sale.
EPiSKiNG
Legendary

Activity: 800
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:36:06 PM

Howdy!  I'm interested.  PM me.

-EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:53:08 PM

Okay pmD
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:36:34 PM

Still have them? I can get 50-100, SoCal area. What price now?
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:01:32 AM

9500 for 100BTC
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:49:04 AM

I would love to liquidate some of these coins for you. I have a long trade history and manage the page bitcoin friends on facebook we have about 300 customers and buy and sell for paypal daily and have been for the last 10 months. If you could accept paypal payment please consider selling some coins off through us. We sell to new market participants with little to no transaction history. One of our main goals is to bring new members into the bitcoin community . Thanks for your consideration.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 03:51:51 AM

John,

I am talking it over with investors this evening. I am sure by the time we get the OK that you will have them sold, but I wanted to let you know we are in the process of working on it.

Thanks,
BAC

john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:51:02 PM

Thanks to everyone that has responded.

Sublime: I appreciate the offer; but am really not looking to go through PayPal or banks. Would really prefer just selling in person for cash.

Bayareacoins: Let me know; I acquire around 100-200 a month that will be for sale and would love someone close to me that could buy most of them.

Rishodi: I PM'd you back.

Still for sale - PM me offers please.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:06:18 PM

How about something like this?...what I had in mind was you front me a few coins I sell them off then send you cash in the mail. We could start with just a few. Is that something you would be interested in?
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 04:16:21 PM

I've flown domestic flights with well over 10K. That 10K idea is for international - For domestic there is no set amount. Or if you do not feel safe you can get a cashiers check under your name and cash it out when you get to the bank.

Up still selling 400 for 38K

Straight up $95?

Seems a bit high for such a large trade in cash, even if it includes round trip airfare (since would be to benefit you, not so much the buyer - unless they were looking to leverage said trip for a vacation, but still).

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:36:26 PM

Yeah that 95 per was a couple days ago when price was higher - now I would prefer people to PM me offers. And sublime I would love that but still would prefer just person 2 person transactions; I will let you know if I change my mind. I just am not too keen on anyone knowing my address and how many BTC I have. Paranoid I know; but I would rather be safe than sorry!

John
dbanga85

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:51:49 PM

Yeah that 95 per was a couple days ago when price was higher - now I would prefer people to PM me offers. And sublime I would love that but still would prefer just person 2 person transactions; I will let you know if I change my mind. I just am not too keen on anyone knowing my address and how many BTC I have. Paranoid I know; but I would rather be safe than sorry!

John

im sorry bro but you sound sketchy... so when I show up with 38k what happens then? How can someone trust you? I don't know if you might follow me

Buy Low Sell HIGH is the Motto...
FooFan

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:05:09 PM

Why hate on this guy? He's pretty much giving you the opportunity to make money. You just need the drive, dedication, and balls to make an in person trade. If you don't feel comfortable .. then just don't do it. Period.

I'm sure the trade could be made at the airport where there's plenty of security.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:44:18 AM

John

I understand that and dont want to know any of your details. Maybe you could arrange an address other than your home for me to mail too. I would fly to you but cant have that much down time and generally dont buy more than 1 k at a time. I own another business and would rather invest in inventory for it than BTC.. much less risky and better returns. Think it over and let me know. Thanks for your consideration.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:49:51 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2013, 02:02:41 AM by BayAreaCoins

John

I understand that and dont want to know any of your details. Maybe you could arrange an address other than your home for me to mail too. I would fly to you but cant have that much down time and generally dont buy more than 1 k at a time. I own another business and would rather invest in inventory for it than BTC.. much less risky and better returns. Think it over and let me know. Thanks for your consideration.

It is a felony to mail cash

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:58:20 AM

http://www.snopes.com/legal/postal/sendcash.asp

Not a good idea" and "illegal" are not nearly the same thing, yet the notion that sending cash via U.S. mail is against the law has become a fairly common misbelief.  It is against the law to send cash via the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) for purposes that are inherently illegal, such as operating lotteries through the mail or evading taxes or laundering money, but there is no general prohibition on mailing cash from one place to another for legitimate purposes.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:03:52 AM

Every dollar that I receive is accounted for and the appropriate amount of taxes are paid. It would be his responsibility to pay taxes on his earnings from btc sales. That is none of my business, I pay my taxes so i dont go to prison what you do is your business but if the IRS comes knocking you better have your paper work in order.   
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:03:31 PM

I feel like meeting in person is the least sketchy way of selling/buying BTC. Anyway - selling 400BTC @ 90$ each; no longer interested in buying a ticket. Looking to sell by this weekend preferably.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 11:49:35 AM

I guess taking $38,000 cash on a plane isn't the most ideal way to transport value. Sounds like an interesting trip though.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:51:40 PM

What I would suggest people do would be get a cashiers check for the amount in their own name. That way you do not get hassled on the plane and you are more "secure" because if I were to rob you; I couldn't get anything because I can't cash a cashiers check in someone else's name.
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:50:50 PM

LOOKING TO SELL 400 FOR 37K THATS BELOW BITSTAMP PRICE! WILL NOT BUY TICKET ANYMORE. LOOKING TO SELL ASAP!

Will sell in 200BTC increments you must meet me at my location 92.5$ per BTC.

Will sell up to 600BTC.

EPiSKiNG
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:12:08 PM

You're inching closer to what I can offer. Smiley

I'll be in touch over the next couple of days.

Thanks!
-EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:34:07 PM

Sure thing - lemme know. I am looking to sell soon!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:15:23 PM

If anyone is interested in this deal, but is unable (or unwilling) to travel, I'm willing to act as courier.

Cover the travel costs and I'll come to you, collect the cash or cashiers check, and deliver the cash to john1886 while making certain that the bitcoins have been sent to the appropriate address.

I'm willing to work with you to address any concerns you have.
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:32:46 AM

I am okay with that if any potential buyers wish to use Danny.
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:38:07 AM

I have sold a bit but am still selling! Looking to sell another 400-500BTC at the current BITSTAMP PRICE! PM ME WITH OFFERS PLEASE!
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:37:34 PM

Up. Still looking to sell. offer please. Will sell up to 600BTC
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:06:50 PM

Not looking to sell for too cheap, but still looking to sell. If all else fails I am going to just put on an exchange.
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:24:04 PM

upupupupupup Please buy.
john1886 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:35:36 PM

UP! I have still 400 to sell.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:20:20 AM

Where are you?  San Fran?

john1886 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:06:43 AM

Yes
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 01:08:37 AM

Just wondering how did you get so much BTC in the first place? early buyer? Tongue
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:26:20 AM

He is Satoshi.
stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:41:09 AM

Just wondering how did you get so much BTC in the first place? early buyer? Tongue

given what I've been able to do in the bitcoin stock markets in just a few months, I'm going to go ahead and say thats not really a lot.

I mean its like when I sell 1 ASICMiner share right now, I have 4 bitcoins.  The OP's amount of bitcoins would only be 150 ASICMiner shares.

If he bought ASICMiner back in March 2013 share prices were .65 bitcoins and bitcoins were worth 33 usd dollars.    150 shares would have cost him 97.5 bitcoins and 97.5 bitcoins would have cost $3217.50

today 150 shares of ASICMiner cost 600 bitcoins, and 600 bitcoins cost $55,200 @ 92 usd/bitcoin
EPiSKiNG
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:16:25 AM

Thanks for the coins john!  Looking forward to doing another transaction.

Have a great weekend!
-EP

john1886 (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:53:06 PM

Up! Got another batch of coins I am looking to sell for as close to BitStamp as possible. Cash only - In person. Can travel if needed. Located in Northern CA.

Looking to sell up to 500BTC. PM Me if interested.
EPiSKiNG
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 05:32:08 AM

I feel so forgotten.   Tongue   Kiss   

-EP

xraymikek

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:28:41 PM

PM sent.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: