Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:46:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to direct technical service development questions?  (Read 546 times)
donut (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 06:50:59 PM

I am a current ASP.NET/C#/T-SQL programmer and I want to try my hand at creating a simple bitcoin-based betting site where you get to bet on certain real life events.

The problem is, I don't know what tools to use to tie Bitcoin to the web front-end. Do I use a VPS with bitcoind and a console app that sends info through a web API to my web front-end?

Anything would help, including a link to an article with a "RTFA" comment.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 07:04:44 PM

Man, you cannot do such things, if you don't even understand where to start.
Bitcoin is dealing with money and if you loose someone's money, because you had something broken, someone may be very angry.

But since you asked: yes, in one of a possible solutions you would need to have a running bitcoind, though VPS might not be trusted enough.
And then interface with the bitcoind, from your web app, using the RPC protocol - not a console.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
grau

Activity: 836
Merit: 1021

bits of proof

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 07:09:10 PM

I am a current ASP.NET/C#/T-SQL programmer and I want to try my hand at creating a simple bitcoin-based betting site where you get to bet on certain real life events.

The problem is, I don't know what tools to use to tie Bitcoin to the web front-end. Do I use a VPS with bitcoind and a console app that sends info through a web API to my web front-end?

Anything would help, including a link to an article with a "RTFA" comment.
I think that my implementation, API and hosted bitcoin node would give you a fast track.
Please contact me at support@bitsofproof.com.
donut (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:09:11 PM

Thanks for the pointer, I was actually just watching your video on bits of proof on your website.

I'll try to set up an instance myself, as it seems like a very interesting project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: