Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:35:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Aluminum Casascius Coins [sold out]  (Read 4434 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:40:13 AM

I think these coins are pretty good for give aways. Good job OP!  Smiley

One question: Is there any risk of the QR code that is put under hologram to rub off accidentally? Has this been tested? Keep in mind I do not have any idea how you are getting them on to the coins as I have no experience/knowledge with that specific type of work.

Edit: One more thing I noticed, how well does the QR code read when printed over the indentation on the back? Have you run into any issues with the translation when being read in?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:08:06 PM

This is friggin awesome.
Posting out of commercial interest, since I don't have time to read right now.
serp (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

@serp

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 09:21:25 PM

I think these coins are pretty good for give aways. Good job OP!  Smiley

One question: Is there any risk of the QR code that is put under hologram to rub off accidentally? Has this been tested? Keep in mind I do not have any idea how you are getting them on to the coins as I have no experience/knowledge with that specific type of work.

Edit: One more thing I noticed, how well does the QR code read when printed over the indentation on the back? Have you run into any issues with the translation when being read in?

Hey there smoothie, I missed your questions the first go around.  The hologram scratch off has a clear plastic bottom and the qr code is laser printed underneath.  So it should be safe with any reasonable amount of pressure.  I scratched fairly hard in testing and all worked well.  As for reading the QR code, I had no problems at all in testing.      That picture of coin #2 on the first post was one of the actual coins tested (not sold obviously).  I haven't tried but you can probably read the QR code just from the picture (the key is empty now obviously Smiley

serp (OP)

@serp

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 01:04:48 PM

I don't remember if I have mentioned this before, but you can use a 29x29 QR code with a Q error-correction level if you store a mini-key. The reduced resolution and higher error correction will make the QR code much more reliable. Here is what one would look like:

Yeah, I actually started out using the minikeys but only the mt.gox app would read them in.  None of the other phone wallets would read in the mini keys from a qr code.  There was more support for the WIP key.  I'm hoping more apps support the minikeys from qr code in the future though.  The blockchain.info web app lets you import minikeys by typing them in but when you try to read in a qr code on your phone it gives an error about how mini format not supported or something like that.

serp (OP)

@serp

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 01:22:55 PM

Excuse that unpleasant hacker that decided to post negative comments about your coins using my account...I think all physical coins are cool as shit, and yours are no exception.  this prick really got around that day pissing on all kinds of threads using my account as his puppet.  Discovered it two days later, after a bunch of people decided they didn't like me anymore because my avatar brazenly insulted them, understandable, but it sucks that some people truly believed that was me.

Not a problem hennessyhemp.  Sorry you had issues with your account.

plasticAiredale

Activity: 207
Merit: 120

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:22:24 PM

Nice coins!

I'm interested in the next batch. And you should take Casascius up on the colored coins.
sf_btc

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:11:59 PM

Sorry to revive an old thread but I just found out about these coins and since they are no longer being produced I searched on ebay and found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casascius-10-mBTC-01-Btc-Bitcoin-physical-loaded-Not-Litecoin-FTC-Digital-/171196456193?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27dc1a9d01

Are these the ones? I don't see the coin number on these like the ones you originally made so I feel like they are knockoffs?

Thanks for any input.
serp (OP)

@serp

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 12:04:55 AM

Sorry to revive an old thread but I just found out about these coins and since they are no longer being produced I searched on ebay and found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casascius-10-mBTC-01-Btc-Bitcoin-physical-loaded-Not-Litecoin-FTC-Digital-/171196456193?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27dc1a9d01

Are these the ones? I don't see the coin number on these like the ones you originally made so I feel like they are knockoffs?

Thanks for any input.

No, those are not mine.

sf_btc

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:20:54 AM

Thanks.

I would love to be informed if you ever decide to make more.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: