Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:05:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people so obsessed with Americunts when talking about Bitcoin?  (Read 4287 times)
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:53:40 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 10:13:18 AM by Kluge

maybecudbthis
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

ETA: Thanks to psy for correcting title.
SeanArce

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:56:16 PM

I'm obsessed with myself apparently

www.onefamous.org
https://soundcloud.com/naer-sri
15ZmN3d7WZDo4WbZwPFJMZcPMBDUkueGH7 - my  btc address
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 12:13:18 AM

Bitcoins will belong to that 24% minority pretty soon. Well as soon as it takes for the US Nazi party to choke off any means of exchange to dollars.

BTCTalkAccounts

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 12:15:28 AM

Thats because most people convert their national currency to USD before buying BTC, because there is not enough liquidity on the other currency pairs and they will loose money due to slippage.

For example, take bitstamp, the largest exchange in Europe. When you deposit EUR to their bank they convert it to USD for trading purposes, you can't have any other currency other than USD or BTC in your bitstamp account even though most deposits/withdrawals are in euro. This exchange alone has seriously skewed the results of your pie-chart.

Why do americans think they matter so much...
Eri

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:48:43 AM

Maybe the real question is why do YOU think thats our opinion. Maybe the problem isnt so much us.. but people like you?

PS. idiots are idiots everywhere and they all talk loud. Take that however you feel like, just pointing out a fact of the human race.
jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:07:47 AM

When did 4chan take over this board?

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:20:04 AM

I have already reported many illegal gambling businesses to the US authorities.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll get right on that. As soon as they stop illegal drugs and prostitution then gambling is next on the list.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:29:38 AM

You're only saying that because you can't triforce.
  ^
^  ^

NedKLee

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:02:09 AM

Remember 4/15/2011 , the day the American authorities killed online poker for my American mates?

Black Friday, when the DOJ decided that Americans simply couldn't be trusted with their own money, seriously, the country that hosts the WSOP, the home of poker, the home of arguably the best online ( and B&M) players in the world and they are isolated behind their routers, or forced to move outside the US in order to pursue their livelihood

Poker thrives, in Europe, Asia, Australia, but for me it's not the same, the spirit of the game has died.

So when your American authorities turn off the tap on Bitcoin for Americans ( for your own security off course) and BTC rates are posted in zlotties or yen or dong, it'll be time for me to cash in my BTC in exchange for poker chips and hit the felt one more time.

Don't worry about "foreigners" watching you, worry about your own government, particularly in light of what's happened in the last 4 weeks, ( I'm looking at you NSA), no doubt an encrypted copy of YOUR wallet is sitting in an air conditioned storage facility in Utah, waiting for some nice agent to have a go at cracking the encryption, or simply assume you have BTC, so therefore you're engaging in Un American activities.

EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:16:00 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 08:52:57 AM by EuroTrash

Maybe the real question is why do YOU think thats our opinion. Maybe the problem isnt so much us.. but people like you?

PS. idiots are idiots everywhere and they all talk loud. Take that however you feel like, just pointing out a fact of the human race.

Careful with words. People are never the problem. It's what some people do that you have a problem with.
That's an important distinction.
Otherwise you might be led into thinking that by erasing the people you solve the problem.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
Vanderi

Activity: 283

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:01:18 AM

Hey look a generic american answer when their Land of the Free is questioned~
Eri

Activity: 264

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:14:31 AM

Hey look a generic american answer when their Land of the Free is questioned~

Are you retarded? What does that have to do with this? Wait.. my bad, didnt realise i was dealing with a troll.

Ooo look! The ever elusive generic response from a troll! Lets catch it!
voneiden

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:33:52 AM

^
^  ^

^
^  ^

Damn it!
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:40:55 AM

To answer the question, probably because USD is used as a reserve currency by many other nations.
As an American I suspect that is going to come to an end, but it's hard for many countries that export goods because they depend upon Americans buying their exports.

India, India has an impressively rapidly growing middle class and I suspect that America won't be nearly as important globally in 20 years. Which I'll take as a relief personally, even if it means a decline in my personal standard of living.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:51:25 PM

^
^  ^

^
^  ^

Damn it!

lol

polrpaul

Activity: 238

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 02:53:36 PM

You obviously haven't a clue.  Roll Eyes

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:55:16 PM

our government has the largest and most guns.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
BTCTalkAccounts

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:16:26 PM

our government has the largest and most guns.

Your government says they have the largest guns without knowing exactly what their enemies have. People sell nuclear weapons on street corners in Bulgaria (this is not bullshit, Google is your friend), America isn't the powerhouse it pretends to be and people are starting to get seriously pissed at the US. It only takes one nuke to destroy new york, yet nuclear weapons get seized from citizens in eastern Europe everyday (by the government, not from them, they have their own too).

These are just normal everyday criminals who have these nukes, I can't even imagine what kind of weapons governments around the world are hiding if their citizens have nukes.

I'm predicting another world war very soon...
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:16:32 PM

I'm predicting another world war very soon...

How do you define a world war?

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
BTCTalkAccounts

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:18:17 PM

How do you define a world war?

Hmm, I'm not sure to be honest, but I do think that multiple countries will declare war on each other in the near future, with the US being a main target.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: