Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:23:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Special Settings for 7970 Lightning ?  (Read 919 times)
GTX-DoX (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:56:07 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 11:27:28 PM by GTX-DoX

If someone helps me to get my 7970 Lightning work around 700Kh/s with lower memory I would be so grateful. Tha card itself just wont give me more than 700kh/s with memory below 1700Mhz, no matter what Core/Memory Ratio I choose (0.57,0.60 etc) I get around 700Kh/s with 1020/1720, and I was able to get 730Kh/s with 1050/1750 before but it just won't give me that much anymore, don't know why.. I know the trick is to get the exact ratio but if someone have used this card for LTC mining it would be great to help me lower my memory and temps on this hot summer days and have around 700Kh/s with which I'll be satisfied.
The thing is and the biggest problem, that it is really rare to find any kind of settings for this card exactly, so that's why I'm asking all this.
Thank you guys !
GTX-DoX (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:29:55 PM

Anyone used this card ever to mine with ?
ks3rv3rg

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:17:33 PM

Have you looked at this?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

There are many different 7970 settings listed here.
GTX-DoX (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 01:41:32 PM

Have you looked at this?

Yes of course, thank you for your response.
I've tried every settings out there on that list for 7970 and I only got 730Kh/s for te Lightning BE settings. But my main problem and thing is, that I want to have lower memory because of the temps and still achieve around 700Kh/s. It must be possible with this beast card.

PS. I'm talking about Litecoin mining, not bitcoin. I can easily achieve 690Mh/s because it's easier to setup BTC. LTC is the problem for me now.
And yes, I've tried this also:
https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison
ks3rv3rg

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:46:11 AM

Have you looked at this?

I've tried every settings out there on that list for 7970 and I only got 730Kh/s for te Lightning BE settings. But my main problem and thing is, that I want to have lower memory because of the temps and still achieve around 700Kh/s. It must be possible with this beast card.

PS. I'm talking about Litecoin mining, not bitcoin. I can easily achieve 690Mh/s because it's easier to setup BTC. LTC is the problem for me now.

Well you might want to check if your card is voltage locked and if not undervolting may be your best option. Or a better cooling system.
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:04:19 AM

Have you looked at this?

Post a pic of your setup.

I'm running 3 7970s OC'd in a plastic crate and my temps never go higher than 74c

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
GTX-DoX (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:55:03 PM

Well you might want to check if your card is voltage locked and if not undervolting may be your best option. Or a better cooling system.
I don't know if you already are aware but Lightning has 2 BIOS versions. Normal mode, which IS voltage locked and LN2 BIOS which is totally unlocked. Undervolting helps a bit but not much.

I'm running 3 7970s OC'd in a plastic crate and my temps never go higher than 74c
And I will reply to you both here, when mining LTC and the Fan is on Auto I don't get temps higher than 74c which is kinda ok, but I still want to lower it down. And the other, more important thing is to set the LTC mining up with Memory lower than 1700Mhz and still achieve ~700Kh/s .. That's my main problem and question for you guys if it is possible and there is someone who tried lots of options.
I've found on the Russian subforum guys talking about Lightning settings but I don't understand anything Cheesy

The card is in a case with one side open. There's nothing much you want to see there... Smiley

Here are my cgminer settings:
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u xxxxx -p xxxx -I 13 -w 256 -g 2 --gpu-engine 1026 --gpu-memclock 1718 --thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2
brambi

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:07:11 PM

I don't know if you already are aware but Lightning has 2 BIOS versions. Normal mode, which IS voltage locked and LN2 BIOS which is totally unlocked. Undervolting helps a bit but not much.

And I will reply to you both here, when mining LTC and the Fan is on Auto I don't get temps higher than 74c which is kinda ok, but I still want to lower it down. And the other, more important thing is to set the LTC mining up with Memory lower than 1700Mhz and still achieve ~700Kh/s .. That's my main problem and question for you guys if it is possible and there is someone who tried lots of options.
I've found on the Russian subforum guys talking about Lightning settings but I don't understand anything Cheesy

The card is in a case with one side open. There's nothing much you want to see there... Smiley

Here are my cgminer settings:
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u xxxxx -p xxxx -I 13 -w 256 -g 2 --gpu-engine 1026 --gpu-memclock 1718 --thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2

Try mem @ 1500 eng @ 1044
Ll_lkasz

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:22:51 PM

I know it isn't standard setup but try:

--worksize 256 -v 1 -I 13 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2 --shaders 2048 -s 1 --expiry 1 --queue 0 --gpu-fan 25-78 --auto-gpu --gpu-engine 1075-1100 --gpu-memclock 1500 --temp-overheat 85

It gives me on my 7970 (3d Club) 750 - 770 kHash (without overvoltage) temperature in closed midtower wiht 8 fans 75 - 82 C

Catalyst 13.4
SDK 2.7

GTX-DoX (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:58:02 PM

Both suggestions give the same ~420Kh/s ... : ( This seems hopeless. To not get this card to work as it should with a bit lower memory...

EDIT: I'm on 13.1 ATI Driver and 2.7 SDK version if that matters maybe...
Ll_lkasz

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:49:26 PM

Try other Catalyst.
Have You changed in cmd
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 ?

GTX-DoX (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:49:05 PM

Yes, I ve changed that long time ago. Seems like Lightning model wants some really special settings. I am sure there is someone here who used it for mining and has already experimented with it and the best ways it works...

On the other hand can you please send me all of your .bin files from cgminer folder ? I would like test it...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: