Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 03:37:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin drop during the upcoming Holidays?  (Read 455 times)
Cholo003 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:26:42 PM

Most of Us love to buy during Holidays like Christmass and new year, Do you expect Bitcoin will drop, and at how much?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lovelybittycoin

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:38:56 PM

Well that would depend on individual economy and the constant use of it. But in the global setting the rate would definitely remain the same
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:43:57 PM

I am already winning lots of bets on: 'Is this title made by a user with a paid signature?'  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
postokenlover

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:46:14 PM

Yes, a lot of people like to buy bitcoin before and after christmas. I don't think the price of bitcoin is going down too much. Maybe it's a reasonable price now, and it shouldn't be low at Christmas
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 02:53:36 PM

It is a interesting topic, will people cash in there bitcoin to buy presents? I do believe the price might drop a little bit, but I dont think it will be very dramatic. I mean, if you are investing in bitcoin and need the money to buy things then you are not a very smart investor.

Positivebetting
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:57:30 PM

Based on the price history of bitcoin, I don't think so. People would probably be selling some for the holidays, but expect some to buy too due to Christmas bonuses and such. If it were to rise or drop in price though, I believe it wouldn't be even a bit significant. Unless we receive new FUD on December though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:58:55 PM

Most of Us love to buy during Holidays like Christmass and new year, Do you expect Bitcoin will drop, and at how much?

Traditionally, the holiday season is the time to splurge and so there is a big possibility that many Bitcoin holders would be encashing their share into fiat money for spending purposes. But then again, we have to remember that Bitcoin loves to go against the odds so we could not be sure if this time it can be following the traditional route or it would be making a history on its own. Let us wait then what will happen. Personally, I can see that Bitcoin would be stabilizing from now on in the range of $7,500 to $8,000 and that any surge can be reserved for next year. Now, if the CME's futures can officially start before the year will end then it can be that big impetus for Bitcoin to surge ahead so we should be watching developments on that area. 
tranle789

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:59:00 PM

I think the price will drop a bit and will stabilize soon on the next day because I am sure Bitcoin prices can reach very high prices and be able to stabilize well in the coming time. If on Christmas day everyone will sell some BTC to get the best Christmas day then everything will be back.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:11:21 PM

I don't think that will have any effect on bitcoin price. Yes some people might convert some bitcoin to fiat, but that will probably be a mistake, so people should hold their coins. I really see bitcoin as digital gold, so it's a store of value asset. I don't own gold, but if I did, I wouldn't withdraw gold to buy presents. Store of value assets are the for you to store your funds and just use them for emergency or to transfer it for any other sort of investment. Buying goods with it, is not a very good option, because it will probable result in overpaying for the stuff you just bought.

I think bitcoin will be used as a way to buy goods, but not right now because it's still to volatile. Let's wait or it to become an asset first and then we can use it as a currency as well, as it becomes more stable. CME futures, and ETF's will definitely help bitcoin in that way, so let's wait for that first.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:18:23 PM

Bitcoin's price is very unstable and does not depend much on the period of the year.
BTC value much more depends on news coming from China, banks (JP Morgan), other altcoins, confirmation time and fees etc.
So, even if BTC price change around Christmas, the main reason will not be an upcoming holiday but other issues.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
W4terhouse

Activity: 147
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:22:25 PM

If the holiday could really affect the price, than the bitcoin has to raise. Similar to gasoline at the first day of holiday.

Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:26:38 PM

If the holiday could really affect the price, than the bitcoin has to raise. Similar to gasoline at the first day of holiday.
It will rise surely by Holiday, we might have a Christmas give, since Im planning to put my 13th month on btc, i think it was not only me whose planning it, more newbies might start on December too. to start there savings.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:31:10 PM

Most probably long holidays likes the upcoming one will require a lot of money and based from experience a lot of selling especially in the stock market happens to have an extra cash to fund their holiday spending. Now I have not observe the priced last year dropping due to the holidays but I expect that their will be a profit taking a week or two before the holidays come in. I might be wrong because they might sell other things outside of the cryptocurrency market and it really depends on how the market will flow during that time.
sampalokmix

Activity: 315

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:39:44 PM

Well for me of course just like the local type of industry when peak season people tend to raise the value of goods in holidays which is negative for us, hwre in bitcoin the negative effwct is we will twnd to hold bitcoin cause its our lost.

BurhanPSG

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:47:11 PM

Yes I want that to happen, but whether the bitcoin price will now be able to come down again. Currently the price is starting to rise and there is likely to continue to rise until the end of the year, Maybe we can choose another coin.
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:50:36 PM

I don't think it will happen. Most of bitcoin holders are keeping bitcoins as a long-term investment. They won't sell their bitcoins for such invaluable things.
SMB-2525

Activity: 195

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:52:39 PM

For USA holders who want to sell, the tax on gain for sales in December will be due in April 2017.
If held until January, the tax is not due until April 2019.
It is certainly a consideration for me.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:10:54 PM

No I think bitcoin will not drop during the upcoming holidays. I believe it would really be higher this coming holiday since people would really be needing money this coming holidays. I think it would really be in a more higher value than before.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:15:45 PM

Holidays usually won’t cause BTC price to go down significantly. It is usually the fuds that cause the price. I notice there is fuds almost every month, hopefully there won’t be any in December.
Nefarious

Activity: 214

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:18:41 PM

I don't anticipate the holidays have much of an effect on the price. I'm predicting we'll run up to 10k by end of the year then stick around that level for a while.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: