Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:45:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 12:53:53 AM

I had traded quite a few private messages with Brock Holzer, and Dr. Kimoto back in the day. I have the greatest respect for both of these guys, but I'm relatively sure your conclusion is wrong.
Brock certainly has coding talent, but I don't believe he was the force behind Megacoin. He was just as upset with Kimoto not bringing code to the table as anyone. Again, I had many private conversations with him. Kimoto is one of the most private individuals you will find, but I also traded some private emails with him. He helped me out big time, and I feel very safe to say that these guys are not the same person.
I have gone through my email many times, and they both have a complete different style. Both super intelligent, but not the same.

Good try though...  Smiley

VTR you are a nice guy and i know you know your stuff.  please don't be blinded by your attachment to MEGA and kimoto.  it's fine and all you trade the coin and no reason to not keep doing so for mega.  it's good at least fat-boy kim dotcom has taken a strong backing with it from years ago, but dev wise it's not gonna go anywhere anytime soon unless something major is done.  sorry to say, you're wrong.  they ARE the same guy.  at least my knowledge/proof shows a VERY VERY STRONG possibility this is the truth as everything (even the timing) lines up perfectly. 

bholzer was early into crypto-alts before it turned into the shit show we know today and before most ppl on this forum, he had some friends trust me.  hence why he left since alts went to hell.  look at how ironically his posts also match for where/when and the amount he "cared" about mega at the time, also his great knowledge of it/etc. and then poof, done...just like kimoto.  HE IS KIMOTO.  a nicely made up shill to manipulate the first crypto masses for mega from the start.  he mined away on pre-launch which was a "fail" *(made up) - the shitty first "launch" of mega before the big real great launch (oh look after he mined all he wanted with buddies), then the hype and first pnd of it...who do you think was behind that?  bam, distribution of all the coins to everyone, he make big coin and just carries along a slow death of false promises as "dr. kimoto chan" lol.  laughable name actually.  shit, tell me how many "dr's" you know in crypto with japanese first name but chinese last name!?  REALLY?? 

he did pnd before it was fashion and before anyone here knew what it was lol.  it wasn't called that back then...but hey, he made his money and ran his own side biz in real life...thus no need to "bother" with mega, nor octo or murraycoin.  anyways that's just a gist of the info...take it FWIW.  things go a lot deeper down the rabbit hole Wink -  i guess it's a moot point now since his projects are long dead now.  but fuck it, ppl should at least get some closure.  sure many may not believe...but that's because well, not many even (would) know.

Now if Bholzer was kimoto, that would really explain a lot! lol

It makes a good theory until you take a closer look at the facts. Bholzer was one of Kimoto's biggest critics. We would all like to know more about Kimoto, but he simply is not Bholzer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:56:46 AM

I had traded quite a few private messages with Brock Holzer, and Dr. Kimoto back in the day. I have the greatest respect for both of these guys, but I'm relatively sure your conclusion is wrong.
Brock certainly has coding talent, but I don't believe he was the force behind Megacoin. He was just as upset with Kimoto not bringing code to the table as anyone. Again, I had many private conversations with him. Kimoto is one of the most private individuals you will find, but I also traded some private emails with him. He helped me out big time, and I feel very safe to say that these guys are not the same person.
I have gone through my email many times, and they both have a complete different style. Both super intelligent, but not the same.

VTR you are a nice guy and i know you know your stuff.  please don't be blinded by your attachment to MEGA and kimoto.  it's fine and all you trade the coin and no reason to not keep doing so for mega.  it's good at least fat-boy kim dotcom has taken a strong backing with it from years ago, but dev wise it's not gonna go anywhere anytime soon unless something major is done.  sorry to say, you're wrong.  they ARE the same guy.  at least my knowledge/proof shows a VERY VERY STRONG possibility this is the truth as everything (even the timing) lines up perfectly. 

bholzer was early into crypto-alts before it turned into the shit show we know today and before most ppl on this forum, he had some friends trust me.  hence why he left since alts went to hell.  look at how ironically his posts also match for where/when and the amount he "cared" about mega at the time, also his great knowledge of it/etc. and then poof, done...just like kimoto.  HE IS KIMOTO.  a nicely made up shill to manipulate the first crypto masses for mega from the start.  he mined away on pre-launch which was a "fail" *(made up) - the shitty first "launch" of mega before the big real great launch (oh look after he mined all he wanted with buddies), then the hype and first pnd of it...who do you think was behind that?  bam, distribution of all the coins to everyone, he make big coin and just carries along a slow death of false promises as "dr. kimoto chan" lol.  laughable name actually.  shit, tell me how many "dr's" you know in crypto with japanese first name but chinese last name!?  REALLY?? 

he did pnd before it was fashion and before anyone here knew what it was lol.  it wasn't called that back then...but hey, he made his money and ran his own side biz in real life...thus no need to "bother" with mega, nor octo or murraycoin.  anyways that's just a gist of the info...take it FWIW.  things go a lot deeper down the rabbit hole Wink -  i guess it's a moot point now since his projects are long dead now.  but fuck it, ppl should at least get some closure.  sure many may not believe...but that's because well, not many even (would) know.

It makes a good theory until you take a closer look at the facts. Bholzer was one of Kimoto's biggest critics. We would all like to know more about Kimoto, but he simply is not Bholzer.

lol i replied to you in mry thread man, check it out. Smiley sorry to say but you have your blinders on, i'm just trying to keep it real here.  there's no reason to FUD at this point as it is LOL.  and even if you go back and re-read everything/check timings and a lot of other stuff......the coincidence is WAY to strong, not to mention i haven't even shown the proof i have (assuming it's legit which well, it's pretty decent)...regardless it's kinda here/nor/there at this point since most of this the coin is just running barebones now anyways.  also it's NOT hard to run 2 accounts to put on a good show for ppl (which he did very well)....especially when crypto/alts were young back then.  he knew the tech, knew the game and how to make it happen before 99% of the folks here. cheers.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:01:23 AM

lol i replied to you in mry thread man, check it out. Smiley sorry to say but you have your blinders on, i'm just trying to keep it real here.  there's no reason to FUD at this point as it is LOL.  and even if you go back and re-read everything/check timings and a lot of other stuff......the coincidence is WAY to strong, not to mention i haven't even shown the proof i have (assuming it's legit which well, it's pretty decent)...regardless it's kinda here/nor/there at this point since most of this the coin is just running barebones now anyways.  also it's NOT hard to run 2 accounts to put on a good show for ppl (which he did very well)....especially when crypto/alts were young back then.  he knew the tech, knew the game and how to make it happen before 99% of the folks here. cheers.

I'm not talking about coincidence. I have my own proof that they are absolutely not the same person. But believe what you will.
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 10:04:47 AM

Does it matter guys?

Look at the price and dev....
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 04:22:26 PM

Does it matter guys?

I think the facts matter.
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 04:35:03 AM

Does it matter guys?

And the fact is the coin is dead.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 02:31:57 PM

Does it matter guys?

And the fact is the coin is dead.

I'm not happy either, but Megacoin is far from dead. In fact it is up today. The market cap is still fairly healthy.

Megacoin 0.017788 USD   585,000 USD   32,886,450   612 USD   + 1.12 %

I'm actually surprised that Megacoin isn't more valuable than some other coins that seem popular. But I'm sure attitudes like yours play a part.
As Charles Lee said something to the effect that technology isn't the most important aspect. If more people were active within the Megacoin community, we could easily see prices many times higher than they are currently. I think there is still hope for a revival. Just today I noticed one of my previous predictions mentioned in the news. This will eventually have a far bigger effect than many people have a clue.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/698305/Deutsche-Bank-financial-crisis-EU-Angela-Merkel
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:44:19 PM

According to hash-to-coins, the current network hashrate is 977GH/s, but I have no idea where the pools are who are doing this.
hash-to-coins itself has less than 1MH/s total, with > 1 year for the current round.
Personally, I would like to join a pool where I can actually get some fraction of a MEC, even if it's a small fraction, rather than waiting for a year to get the entire round for myself. Might as well be solo mining.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:34:14 PM

According to hash-to-coins, the current network hashrate is 977GH/s, but I have no idea where the pools are who are doing this.
hash-to-coins itself has less than 1MH/s total, with > 1 year for the current round.
Personally, I would like to join a pool where I can actually get some fraction of a MEC, even if it's a small fraction, rather than waiting for a year to get the entire round for myself. Might as well be solo mining.

As I said, Megacoin is far from dead. I still think Kimoto may have some long term plan, but that is just me. Hard to figure anyone would put so much work into something and then just abandon it. I guess stranger things have happened. I have been saying for a long time one of Megacoin's biggest problems is lack of pools. Everyone wants short term gains, so I always suggest buying maybe a hundred bucks worth and just sitting on them. I would guess the bulk of Megacoin mining is coming out of China. They seem to have a better understanding of where this Crypto train is going. Most of us Westerners are only concerned with what sparkles at the moment.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 06:07:04 PM

As I said, Megacoin is far from dead. I still think Kimoto may have some long term plan, but that is just me. Hard to figure anyone would put so much work into something and then just abandon it. I guess stranger things have happened. I have been saying for a long time one of Megacoin's biggest problems is lack of pools. Everyone wants short term gains, so I always suggest buying maybe a hundred bucks worth and just sitting on them. I would guess the bulk of Megacoin mining is coming out of China. They seem to have a better understanding of where this Crypto train is going. Most of us Westerners are only concerned with what sparkles at the moment.

dude, yes it is just you.  i'm sorry but bholzer AKA kimoto was done awhile back and 99.9% ain't coming back. accept it.
be glad mega is still alive given it started early and is (was?) big enough to sustain a market.
if you like, contact the dev of WBB/1ex and get it listed on 1ex.trade it'll be a nice addition and there will be big volume there in the coming months Smiley

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:14:10 PM

dude, yes it is just you.  i'm sorry but bholzer AKA kimoto was done awhile back and 99.9% ain't coming back. accept it.
be glad mega is still alive given it started early and is (was?) big enough to sustain a market.
if you like, contact the dev of WBB/1ex and get it listed on 1ex.trade it'll be a nice addition and there will be big volume there in the coming months Smiley

You are completely wrong about BHolzer being Kimoto. One thing you (and most people) need to learn is negativity never wins. I'm not holding out for a return of Kimoto, I'm just saying anything is possible.
If I was one of the bigger MEC wallet holders, I would probably look into hiring a developer to fix the few minor problems this coin has. As I've said before, I don't have much use for standard exchanges and do most of my trading on Shapeshift. I still do some business on Poloniex and Cryptopia, but only for trades I can't do on Shapeshift.
soulgate
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 11:21:46 AM

Yes, negativity never wins  Smiley  Hope to see MEC trend upward soon

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓██████▒▒███████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓██████▓▓███████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income 
   🔥VirtacoinPLUS🔥 
| X 11    POW | POS 
  Mining. Staking. Rewards. 
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
crypto-trade.net

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:21:45 PM

We added your cryptocurrency.
With respect, the development team of Crypto-trade.
Crypto-Trade – Official Announcement https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1604225.0
coiniren

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:20:15 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2016, 11:32:17 AM by coiniren

Greetings from Maldives.  I thought you could use an update.  The sun will soon be rising, just like Megacoin Smiley

Hello

Megacoin

My problem was solved.

Speed is great than in the past

delayed Register MEC Forum. "Confirmation"

Thanks

portsofessen

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 06:54:50 AM

Yes, negativity never wins  Smiley  Hope to see MEC trend upward soon

Bullish on Mega, I would love to see this coin smash it's ath in 2017
cryptofarmer

Activity: 539
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 09:11:58 PM

www.Mining-Dutch.nl

Back in business.!
All bugs and problems solved and mining blocks stable.!

Hope to see you back soon.

www.Mining-Dutch.nl  (Merged Mining - Multiport / Multi algo)
rapta

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 05:04:54 AM

It's good seeing all the new mining pools.  Mining in generally seems to be very popular these days.
maki

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 03:50:21 AM

Do not give up on MEC.

I collect and trade rare and lost cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
Prefer fair launch/no premine, pre-2014 coins.
lord raiden

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 08:17:11 AM

omg,

its got delistet from bittrex:
This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Friday, January 27th 2017 unless the average daily ...
and nobody cares.. nice commuity Embarrassed
rhyso

Activity: 129

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 12:00:49 PM

Seems to be doing OK.

at a hair under $0.02 a coin at the time of writing this post, it is the same value as it was prior to the big climb in 2013 when everything went nuts...

Is a shame most of the community dwindled, but I have been keeping a close eye...

Was disheartening having to go to page 2 on CMC to find MEC, but seeing a coin needs to have more than 2 million dollar marketcap to be in the top 100 these days... It was nice to see MEC still ticking along.

Altcoins seem to be taking more and more of a percentage of all out volume every time I look.

Go the chinese!

accrual of monetary value
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: