Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:22:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An offline wallet to store multiple cryptocurrencies?  (Read 472 times)
NathanMorgann (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:28:49 PM

i’m about to invest in a bit of bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencies such as eth, ltc, etc. I’m thinking about making a wallet on a usb drive for a start. i’ve read about electrum but need something for all my crytpocurrencies.
Kirill_B

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:33:56 AM

I would recommend this project https://miralab.io/MIRA_Technical_Specifications_for_platform_development.pdf. This looks like a good solution for cryptocurrency savings.
magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:35:34 AM

i’m about to invest in a bit of bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencies such as eth, ltc, etc. I’m thinking about making a wallet on a usb drive for a start. i’ve read about electrum but need something for all my crytpocurrencies.

best affordable hardware wallet (offline) is the ledger nano wallet s. u can store most known alt coins beside btc.
Viakor

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:41:12 AM

You can have hardware wallets but use myetherwallet you will have the keys and the files so its basically a little bit of a offline wallet. You are the owner because you have everything.

They can't access to your wallet because they don't have your keys and stuff.
KaneEdwardss

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:50:38 AM

I would recommend this project https://miralab.io/MIRA_Technical_Specifications_for_platform_development.pdf. This looks like a good solution for cryptocurrency savings.

one more multicurrency wallet?
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:52:39 AM

I fyou can share which currencies you are going to store i will try to share my experiences.
I use Waves Lite wallet. I have private keys so its offline for me Smiley
Kirill_B

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:58:59 AM

one more multicurrency wallet?

These guys took it a bit further. You download a file with your money, and then it’s off chain, completely anonymous and secure.
Fizpok

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 11:00:45 AM

It is kind of intimidating that people want me to get their currency, but to do it I have to perform a full scale quest "where is the wallet".
I usually ignore coins that do not have wallets or offer only online ones, or have wallets with UI from early 90th.

Ethereum Programming Guide
Create Solidity contracts: Step-by Step Hands-on Guides.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:02:20 AM

there is no wallet that can support "ALL" the cryptocurencies. because they are very different from each other and most of them don't really need a wallet because nobody uses them anyways.

your options are:
- to buy a hardware wallet like Trezor which supports multiple cryptocurrencies. but that will cost you money.
- to use light wallets like Electrum (there are forks of Electrum for many altcoins such as LTC) or any of the similar multiwallets like Jaxx (but these are not very good, for example Jaxx had bad bugs in the past).
- to use paper wallet which  is generating a private key and printing it on paper. like this one: https://walletgenerator.net/

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:10:08 AM

I think trezor is also the best offline cryptocurrency wallet. It supports multiple currencies such as bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, zcash, dash and many more.
The trezor uses highest level of security against phishing. I am not devaluing electrum, just suggesting trezor wallet as i have experienced safety.
This hardware wallet can be managed not only with desktop but you can also connect it with your smartphone
NathanMorgann (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:41:16 AM

there is no wallet that can support "ALL" the cryptocurencies. because they are very different from each other and most of them don't really need a wallet because nobody uses them anyways.

your options are:
- to buy a hardware wallet like Trezor which supports multiple cryptocurrencies. but that will cost you money.
- to use light wallets like Electrum (there are forks of Electrum for many altcoins such as LTC) or any of the similar multiwallets like Jaxx (but these are not very good, for example Jaxx had bad bugs in the past).
- to use paper wallet which  is generating a private key and printing it on paper. like this one: https://walletgenerator.net/

Thanks mates. Looks like there's nothing that supports both eth and btc out there, which, let's be honest, would be convenient  for crypto newbies like myself.
NathanMorgann (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:47:30 AM

your options are:

Thanks mates. Looks like there's nothing that supports both eth and btc out there, which, let's be honest, would be convenient  for crypto newbies like myself.

I like the paper wallet generator though. Will think about it. Again, my main concern is that you need a lot of paper for multiple currencies.
KaneEdwardss

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:16:36 PM

I would’t recommend any wallet that combines multiple cryptocurrencies. They tend to be way more insecure. Bitcoin and other alts have their own wallets.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:19:39 PM

If you are looking for that kind of thing, i think ledger nano s is the best choice, it can store erc 20 based token alongside with bitcoin and a few other coins, it is safe but the downside is you have to buy it first. It's not expensive if you treat it as a security measure for your investment.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Kirill_B

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:32:41 PM

I would’t recommend any wallet that combines multiple cryptocurrencies. They tend to be way more insecure. Bitcoin and other alts have their own wallets.

But with mirabox you can store lots of cryptocurrencies in one file. You put it on a usb drive or send it to someone, there’s no record about it anywhere. And no commission.
okissabam

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:33:45 PM

I've actually looked into a couple of hardware wallets or offline wallets wherein you can store Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Trezor is one of my top list as a hardware wallet I wanted to buy but I realized it is only limited to a couple of coins so the next on my list is the Ledger Nano, a couple of my friends are using this and it is way cheaper than Trezor and I think stores more coins than that of the Trezor one and decided to order one for myself but still haven't got the package yet.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:37:21 PM

A hardware wallet is what you need. The popular brands you may want to consider are Ledger and Trezor, the cost is less than $100 for the basic model.
marks1976

Activity: 893

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:39:07 PM

THe hardware wallet seems to be a recomended choice for you, or you can try to download the multy currency wallet just like coinomi and jax and then you can try to turn your mobile phone off.
YOu already made your own offline wallet.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:43:21 PM

I think trezor is also the best offline cryptocurrency wallet. It supports multiple currencies such as bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, zcash, dash and many more.
The trezor uses highest level of security against phishing. I am not devaluing electrum, just suggesting trezor wallet as i have experienced safety.
This hardware wallet can be managed not only with desktop but you can also connect it with your smartphone

Everyone suggesting here hardware wallet to have the multiple cryptos. I am not sure that any desktop wallet which supports all the digital currencies. Trezor and ledger nano good to have the bitcoin till now in the hard ware.
I wish some wallet like bitcoincore, electrum or multibit to comes with the all the digital coins.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
NathanMorgann (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:06:46 PM

If you are looking for that kind of thing, i think ledger nano s is the best choice, it can store erc 20 based token alongside with bitcoin and a few other coins, it is safe but the downside is you have to buy it first. It's not expensive if you treat it as a security measure for your investment.

thanks. the cheaper version might be worth it. looks pretty straignforward. usb drives tend to be very losable though 😏
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: