Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:56:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is my hashrate 0 on burnside's pool?  (Read 401 times)
ijomusi (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 01:49:46 AM

I am only cpu mining right now, on a 64 bit pentium 4, but I should still be seeing something on the site right? for a while it was showing something then it suddenly stopped, but my cpus are still going 100%. What gives?
shareoops

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 02:52:55 AM

Huh
dwolfman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 03:02:02 AM

I hope you are trying to mine something other than Bitcoins or Litecoins.  Not sure about the various difficulties, but I can assure you that there are no CPUs available today that can hash or scrypt mine fast enough to make a noticeable speed on any pool for either of those coins.

As a reference, I had a few GPUs that totalled up to about 700 megahash/s which I recently took off of mining altogether.  It just wasn't paying for the electricity any more, so I gave up on mining (don't have money to buy an ASIC or FPGA to get it profitable) and will be buying my coins and daytrading them to make money instead.

And most likely your CPU is only making at most about 10 MH/s on Bitcoin mining.  Might as well forget the mining as you will use 10x (or more) what you get back in mining on electricity to run that CPU at 100%.

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
MstCoin

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:03:37 AM

I am only cpu mining right now, on a 64 bit pentium 4, but I should still be seeing something on the site right? for a while it was showing something then it suddenly stopped, but my cpus are still going 100%. What gives?

CPU mining, is not effecient. Certainly not even worth the cost of power, for such an outdated CPU. I'd recommend investing the $300 for a 7950, if your serious about mining. Otherwise, you will probably be more restricted to the trading side of things. You need proper hardware to mine Crypto, otherwise, you are just sorta wasting your time.
dwolfman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 03:12:05 AM

This page will help you figure out how much speed you need (total MH/s for SHA256 coins or KH/s for Scrypt coins) to get profitable.  Plug in the speed your miner program says you are getting from your CPU to see how much money you are losing by mining on it.

http://dustcoin.com/mining

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: