Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:25:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First BTC delivered by auto pilot drone  (Read 749 times)
Darktongue (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:32:08 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 04:47:57 AM by Darktongue

So for about a month of been indulging in spending by BTC on parts and electronics. These goods are shapeing into an autopilot RC type drone that will hopefully be ablle to fly from one amature RC runway to another.  It is possible to keep enough onboard battery power as well as use solar and other battery sources to keep her in thre air as well as power cameras, sensors and other onboard goodies.

It's possible with a mobile hotspot to keep netwrotked and synced control over the drone for up to 4miles. So a s long as the connection is stable control is kept. It is also possible I've found to have control stations every few waypoints. I would consider this a wise choice as these stations could then manualy take over fight and attempt a safe landing.

The plans drafted by me call for up to five different Adriuno boards all preforming various onboard tasks. Flight control, GPS and waypoint handleing. Streaming Audio, Video and recording. Emergency sensors and security.

I'm finding as long as I don't overload the boards and further have the juice and the lift... much can actually be done.

I was thinking that flying at about 800m in the air this unit could also carry a speaker to spout adverts, shout outs as well as identity what it exactly is.  

As far as carrying btc as a payload I was thinking of a usb stick loaded with the private and public key info.  I was thinking even of throwing in some of the alt currency as well for good measure.  The receiver would be a purchaser of the payload that is also a local resident of the community I live in.

So far 3.0BTC has been tossed into the project. And a majority of the parts have been purchased with BTC. Is is my hope that what cannot be officially purchased with btc can be purchased via a middle man abd escrow.  

I will be updating this thread from time to time with photos and news of progress.  If you would like to have your btc business be apart of this project I will more then be willing to accept donations and tips in BTC/LTC/DVC currency.  Regardless of donations this project will be finished by September of this year.

Stay tuned

Funds Raised

3.4765BTC
29.7782LTC
1, 150DVC
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:34:25 AM

frivolous, but cool

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Darktongue (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:46:24 AM

frivolous, but cool

frivolous is a good word for it.  It's intent is to be fun and hopefully something that could end up being useful in a more slim form.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:48:49 AM

frivolous, but cool

frivolous is a good word for it.  It's intent is to be fun and hopefully something that could end up being useful in a more slim form.

hell yeah. its definitely interesting.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 05:05:17 AM

In that case, I have a plan. Send bitcoins over this fence I'm thinking of, and on the return flight, carry a payload of...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: