Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:22:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iTunes rip people off!  (Read 524 times)
joycece (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:47:59 AM

Ever notice how they take a full TV season of a show and break it into several smaller "volumes"? They use the words "volumes" and "seasons" interchangeably BTW! This lets them sell one seasons worth of a show several times over! That sucks!

Just needed to vent that out! lol
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:59:17 AM

Yup, I don't buy anything from Apple anymore.
I use to be a die hard Apple fanatic will macs in every room of the house.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
d3m0n1q_733rz

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 11:00:32 AM

Thanks to iTunes, you can watch free TV shows for just 99 cents!

Funroll_Loops, the theoretically quicker breakfast cereal!
Check out http://www.facebook.com/JupiterICT for all of your computing needs.  If you need it, we can get it.  We have solutions for your computing conundrums.  BTC accepted!  12HWUSguWXRCQKfkPeJygVR1ex5wbg3hAq
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 01:23:45 PM

Cheesy Where have you been? I spotted this kind of thing years ago and it's not just itunes that do it, I've found with anime in particular they have a habit of doing that. You pay a huge amount just for a couple of episodes when it first comes out only to have a complete set come out a few months later for much cheaper. Here's a tip, whenever you want to buy something wait a few months until after they've released for the price to drop or what you can buy to become more reasonable.

I'm 99% certain they do this specifically to take advantage of the desperate people who just want to get the thing right away, if you want to watch it right away but don't want to pay the outrageous release date prices, download it from bittorrent so you know what you're in for and if it's good enough pay for it later this works for me the majority of the time and saves a lot of money with everything, not just t.v shows. This is just a theory but I reckon the fact that you can essentially preview everything with Bittorrent right now in full is why the major entertainment industries hate filesharing so much since it takes away their advantage over people.
RoadToHell

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:41:36 PM

... I'm 99% certain they do this specifically to take advantage of the desperate people who just want to get the thing right away, ...
Yes, this is a tried-and-true marketing strategy.  I don't recall the exact term - something like "stratified marketing" or "tier marketing".  Get what you can from the early adopters, then get what you can from the next group, etc.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 05:14:28 AM

Apple to rip people off... that's big news

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610