Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:37:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN GOLD SCAM SITE mybtgwallet.com  (Read 12830 times)
concorde899 (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:00:04 AM

This website was on the official BTG page until a few hours ago.
Between 20-40 BTC were stolen by this website from the users trying to claim BTG for the BTC they had before the fork.
The users imput their mnemonics from BTC wallets in order to get the BTG wallet and private key.
This website used this menmonic to get access to the specified BTC account and empty it in a second.
After getting the BTC from those accounts the strange thing is that not for all the BTC account stolen, the scammer did not claim BTG although he had all info.

I built a community (https://join.slack.com/t/stolenbtc/shared_invite/enQtMjczNzMxOTM5MjIyLTNhZWRlNjNmMGUwOGJlYzFlMGZhNTIxMjA1ZWJhZmU1YTJjOTY3NTQ3Y2Q2YWE5NTc5NzAxZTRlYzAzYmEzMzA) with all the people that I could find that were ripped by this scammer and I helped a few of them to claim their btg. Feel free to join.

Some of the users claim that they lost up to 43 BTC.

Keep in touch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:08:11 AM

Between 20-40 BTC were stolen by this website from the users trying to claim BTG for the BTC they had before the fork.
The users imput their mnemonics from BTC wallets in order to get the BTG wallet and private key.
This website used this menmonic to get access to the specified BTC account and empty it in a second.
After getting the BTC from those accounts the strange thing is that not for all the BTC account stolen, the scammer did not claim BTG although he had all info.

I built a community (https://join.slack.com/t/stolenbtc/shared_invite/enQtMjczNzMxOTM5MjIyLTNhZWRlNjNmMGUwOGJlYzFlMGZhNTIxMjA1ZWJhZmU1YTJjOTY3NTQ3Y2Q2YWE5NTc5NzAxZTRlYzAzYmEzMzA) with all the people that I could find that were ripped by this scammer and I helped a few of them to claim their btg. Feel free to join.

Keep in touch.
Since it is in btg official webpage maybe developer of BTG is in cahoots with the one who stole btc, and they both have agreed to not claim btg's. It won't be listed on bitcoin gold official page unless my speculation is true. The fact that it got listed on their official page means that the developer might have had something to do with them or knows the scammer really well. For now wait for official announcement from btg dev, you can also go to services section and try to hire a skilled tracker to track the thief.
concorde899 (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:12:55 AM

We are also waiting for an official announcement.The devs from BTG told us that they've got access to the hosting server of the website and are investigating.
The developer of the website said he is investigating this too but the community acuses him for now until further proof.
sebinator

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:15:00 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto ripped me 10,000 BTC when I have wanted to buy a pizza from him. Some of the users claim that they lost up to 30,000 BTC (3 x pizza).
Watch out guys. But unfortunately there is no real evidence.

Common, this is nothing but FUD. It is really interesting how hard some people try to defame BTG in any possible way.
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:16:13 AM

We are also waiting for an official announcement.The devs from BTG told us that they've got access to the hosting server of the website and are investigating.
The developer of the website said he is investigating this too but the community acuses him for now until further proof.

The site is 1000% scam. You (all) should learn once at for all - never put your private keys on unknowns and suspicious sites.

My guess is that somebody hacked BTG site and put the phishing link there. It's pointless to steal some merely 40-50BTC and ruin a billions dollar cap project.
desomnomnom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:27:54 AM

The site is 1000% scam. You (all) should learn once at for all - never put your private keys on unknowns and suspicious sites.

My guess is that somebody hacked BTG site and put the phishing link there. It's pointless to steal some merely 40-50BTC and ruin a billions dollar cap project.

I do agree with this guy. Many hackers nowadays scamming in ICOs as well. Won't be surprised if BTG site was hacked.
InahC

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:30:29 AM

Keep in touch.
Since it is in btg official webpage maybe developer of BTG is in cahoots with the one who stole btc, and they both have agreed to not claim btg's. It won't be listed on bitcoin gold official page unless my speculation is true. The fact that it got listed on their official page means that the developer might have had something to do with them or knows the scammer really well. For now wait for official announcement from btg dev, you can also go to services section and try to hire a skilled tracker to track the thief.

I think because of this, this really proves that the BTG is really a scam after all, If BTG is not a scam, why do they put a scam site on their official website that they say is trusted. I hope that this thread became threading so that many people here can no longer get scam by them.

❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰❰ ♦ SIMDAQ ♦ ❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱
Learn how to trade profitable!
 Instagram▲      Medium  Telegram▲    Facebook▲      Twitter
concorde899 (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:36:05 AM

I agree with you.
In my opinion neither the Owner of mybtgwallet or BTG devs are responsible for this.
First responsability was for the users that input priv keys or mnemonics to the website ( I've been talking to a few of them, they weren't new in crypto (holding 4-6-7-12 BTC each) but kindda noobs with the blockchain technology)
Second responsability is for the mybtgwallet dev that put the product online before taking all measures (although he said he takes no responsability of the product).

PS: Never put your private keys anywhere on the web.
concorde899 (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:38:36 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto ripped me 10,000 BTC when I have wanted to buy a pizza from him. Some of the users claim that they lost up to 30,000 BTC (3 x pizza).
Watch out guys. But unfortunately there is no real evidence.

Common, this is nothing but FUD. It is really interesting how hard some people try to defame BTG in any possible way.

This topic is not fo defaming BTG.
BTG has nothing to do with this.Even more, the devs from BTG interacted with this scam by agreeing to take a look on this websites source and try to track the scammer.
Karto

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:40:14 AM

everything that related somehow to Bitcoin Gold is a scam...
onetwostep

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:42:58 AM

Need to be careful. There are so many people cheating at these times.
And also bitcoin gold is scam Smiley Cheesy

concorde899 (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:47:39 AM

Ok, you can say something is a scam but you must also proove it.

I asked for addreses to check on the blockchain, the guys gave me everything, screenshots of transactions, TX, addreses..everything.
They said that they are willing to give the private keys to the BTG devs to further investigate this.
I was sceptic at the beginning regarding this and thought it was a marketing method to undermine the trust of John Dass (developer of mybtgwallet.com) but at the end, when the users provided proof I started to believe them.
I asked them to also sign messages from the BTC addreses thei claim to be ripped but they didn't know yet how to do it. Will kepp in touch anyway.

PS: This thread is not for saying that BTG is a scam (which in my opinion is not). IT is for people that claimed that got scammed by mybtgwallet.com

BTG is a cryotocoin not a scam. It works as many other cryptocoins.
Karto

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:57:32 AM

I asked for addreses to check on the blockchain, the guys gave me everything, screenshots of transactions, TX, addreses..everything.
They said that they are willing to give the private keys to the BTG devs to further investigate this.
I was sceptic at the beginning regarding this and thought it was a marketing method to undermine the trust of John Dass (developer of mybtgwallet.com) but at the end, when the users provided proof I started to believe them.
I asked them to also sign messages from the BTC addreses thei claim to be ripped but they didn't know yet how to do it. Will kepp in touch anyway.

PS: This thread is not for saying that BTG is a scam (which in my opinion is not). IT is for people that claimed that got scammed by mybtgwallet.com

hmm i'll tell you why it is a scam
first of all they are doing it mostly for money - its obvious with this big premine
and yesterday someone found a hidden code inside bitcoin gold that takes fee's ..
search "bitcoin gold found hidden code" in google
concorde899 (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:12:24 AM

first of all they are doing it mostly for money - its obvious with this big premine
and yesterday someone found a hidden code inside bitcoin gold that takes fee's ..

Everybody is doing things online for the money, why else should they do it?

Almost 90% of the new coins are premined by their developers. (more than that, ICOs take between 10-20% out of the total supply by default for "marketing" purposes).

The code was inserted from one of the developers (the Bulgarian one) into the MINING POOL CODE the btgmine pool used. If you read on github about this code, you will see that the developer put this fee into the code with a comment ("to the devs" or something like that) stating that he made the code and gave it to the online community.If it was not for him, even now we should be waiting for a pool script to mine the damn coin.
Anyone who wanted to install the MINING POOL code, if they have taken a look into the code and understood it (which they should- to run a pool you must know code) they could have commented the fee line and there you go.......so, who is responsable for this? The guy who made the code or the admins of the pool by being superficial and only into it for the money?
After the community asked the bulgarian about this line, he modified the comment on the line (not removing it) and updated sources on github. The total fee was 1.5% which is fair taking into account that many pools charge more than that.

To sum it up : NONE of your proofs work til now.

Inform yourself more before saying that this or that are scams.

No offence.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:17:44 AM

Everything that BTG touches turns to Shit

BTG*.* all websites on earth were operational scams for a month

Pool.Gold was redirection 1Mega Sol/Sec for a month

Nobody cared, then or now

BTG sites were turning good BTC into BTG shit,

Especially the YOBIT.NET site ( russian ), very much involved in scam of turn BTC into BTG.
nhector

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:26:55 AM

I confirm, the site in question is a scam, fortunately I moved almost all the funds in time,
but the scammer managed to get 0.13 BTCs left for my distraction and stupidity , a few hours ago.
For the reader I say "Never put seed or private wallet keys in any way on the internet, "I hope to avoid big tears.

The BTG site managers are in any case responsible if not complicit, I hope they will investigate to find the guilty ,
if they care about their integrity,
certainly their story does not start well.
Karto

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:27:50 AM

Everybody is doing things online for the money, why else should they do it?

Almost 90% of the new coins are premined by their developers. (more than that, ICOs take between 10-20% out of the total supply by default for "marketing" purposes).

The code was inserted from one of the developers (the Bulgarian one) into the MINING POOL CODE the btgmine pool used. If you read on github about this code, you will see that the developer put this fee into the code with a comment ("to the devs" or something like that) stating that he made the code and gave it to the online community.If it was not for him, even now we should be waiting for a pool script to mine the damn coin.
Anyone who wanted to install the MINING POOL code, if they have taken a look into the code and understood it (which they should- to run a pool you must know code) they could have commented the fee line and there you go.......so, who is responsable for this? The guy who made the code or the admins of the pool by being superficial and only into it for the money?
After the community asked the bulgarian about this line, he modified the comment on the line (not removing it) and updated sources on github. The total fee was 1.5% which is fair taking into account that many pools charge more than that.

To sum it up : NONE of your proofs work til now.

Inform yourself more before saying that this or that are scams.

No offence.

if 90% of the coins are doing premine, it does not make it right ... + the other coins that make premine dont do it with the knowledge that the coin will cost 100$(minimum) in the lunch .. so BTG premine is quite big money grab for nothing ...
BTG wants to be the decentralized part of bitcoin, but we all see how bullshit it is.. decentralized coins most of the time that come from fork + premine, cant be really decentralized
who owns most of the BTG? people who own Bitcoins and the devs..
normal people that want to be a part of this bullshit decentralization, only feed the coin owners pockets since the beginning

and watch the message above..
i bring only 1 red flag, there are so many..
UtterUselessMeteor

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:34:07 AM

Here a thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2393967.0 with other victims of MyBTGWallet.
concorde899 (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:00:00 AM

Everything that BTG touches turns to Shit

BTG*.* all websites on earth were operational scams for a month

Pool.Gold was redirection 1Mega Sol/Sec for a month

Nobody cared, then or now

BTG sites were turning good BTC into BTG shit,

Especially the YOBIT.NET site ( russian ), very much involved in scam of turn BTC into BTG.

What do you mean by " Pool.Gold was redirection 1Mega Sol/Sec for a month" ?
didn't know about the YOBIT...maybe they were using it to dump their BTG or to bump the BTG.....
I am not so much into trades, know a little about it.
mog

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:05:17 PM

This is a real shame if true, and I lay the blame solely at the BTG developers. In ANY new cryptocurrency project it's necessary to consider the roll-out, communication and user experience not just writing code. Failure to do so results in user frustration, scams and an unsuccessful project (usually). This isn't even new information, we've seen it happen time and time again with projects that implode from lack of timely updates or not communicating with their userbase well enough.

Finally, NEVER trust your private keys to an online service ever , unless you're willing to lose them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: