Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:46:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where I can use bitcoins?  (Read 472 times)
fandersson (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 11:13:11 AM

So, I have been following bitcoins for a while through news, forums etc and I even have a few bitcoins that a purchased (just for fun with disposable money as I'm not convinced on the whole thing)

The questions is where can I use them? I hear about a pub in London accepting them, and a cafees in Silicon Valley and only wish I could find something like that where I live.

Is there a site which allows me to search for places that accept bitboind (or alt currencies) based on location. I've heard about a site like this before but cant remember the name.

cryptoswag

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 11:25:42 AM

You should be able to find this info with a simple google search. My store will accept them and will be on-line very soon :-)
fandersson (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:14:09 PM

Well, I obviously googled first but browsing through the search results I could only find a shop selling collectibles, action figures, memorabilia computer games etc. The shop also also did haircuts I think although I would wonder how my hair would look after. Maybe even worse than the time I went for the cheapest haircut in Bali on a massive hangover. Back to shops accepting bitcoins, I was looking for a directory not as general as google to pay for my petrol, have a coffee, like normal things ordinary people spend money not a underground hobby store.

I guess I just have to keep my eyes open and look at shop windows for the bitcoin sticker on my next walk. If only I wasn't so busy rushing to work, meeting etc.

uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 03:18:35 PM

check here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade

alin2s1

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:35:50 PM

You should be able to find this info with a simple google search. My store will accept them and will be on-line very soon :-)

Tell us what will your store be selling ?
Will it deliver worldwide ?
Can we see a beta version ?
How will you handle the legal issue of buying in fiat and selling in BTC ?

Thanks.
iram9182

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 03:53:22 PM

The best site I used is bitmit.us . They have escrow system that prevent scammers.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:07:06 PM

sr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: