Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:40:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency market vs Stock market  (Read 808 times)
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:21:23 AM

cryptocurrency market against the stock market, i think it would not be a stale mate, and cryptocurrency market would win, however, bitcoin will remain to be the dominant cryptocurrency and as for the stock market, it depends on the companies which is going to be the high gainer and to be valued high. if we compare the two, both cryptourrency and stock market, have the same principles in investing, however there are differences, like if you invest in the stock market, you are only limited to the companies that are listed and they also have a time limit, wherein you can you buy your shares, since there is opening and closing of the market and they are the ones, that declare what will be the price of the share you will buy, it will also depend on the companies if they can the company you invested on, will gain profit or not, somehow you have no control since you need to always check on your portal and choose the time when you want to buy, the same is also true with cryptocurrency, however, the market is 24 hours and you can be sure that on the time you invest, if you plan correctly you can gain more profit in the future. for me, as an investor i would choose both since they are still giving me profits, but to achieve your goals fast, i suggest go to the cryptocurrency market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:19:52 AM

Hello Everyone
I always want to know the situation of cryptocurrency and stocks relatively. Current marketcap of stocks is 70 trillion and cryptocurrency market cap is 178 billion.Speculators says that cryptocurrency market reaches 1 trillion marketcap in 2019. What do you think, will it takes few years for crypto market to reach stock market cap or is impossible? or can it overtake stocks?

No one knows on what will be the total market cap of cryptocurrencies on 2019, you are 2 years ahead why not think of 2018 first? I don't want to compare stocks market to crypto market, it's totally different. Government is fully supporting the stock market and allowing companies to sell their stocks while in crypto's we don't know if these coins that does real and legit companies and is volatile to the market. But if you want some more profit, movement with crypto's are even faster than stock market.
Governments support the stock market because they are investments in the real sector of the economy. This means additional jobs and tax revenue. Cryptocurrency extort money from the economy and do not bring any income to the Treasury. The cryptocurrency market is a serious competitor to the stock market and I think that the government will be on the side of the stock market. Bitcoin is gradually becoming a target for everyone who is already part of the Fiat economy.

Crypto doesn't bring to any income to the treasury because it's still new and there's law about taxing bitcoin and other coins. And if time will come that bitcoin will be legal and other crypto's too then expect that it will bring a lot of money to the treasury. I don't think that crypto market is a threat or competitor to the stock market, they are both sector and it's really far from each other if we will compare them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:28:12 AM

Hello Everyone
I always want to know the situation of cryptocurrency and stocks relatively. Current marketcap of stocks is 70 trillion and cryptocurrency market cap is 178 billion.Speculators says that cryptocurrency market reaches 1 trillion marketcap in 2019. What do you think, will it takes few years for crypto market to reach stock market cap or is impossible? or can it overtake stocks?

It is not impossible for cryptocurrencies to reach that 1 trillion dollars market capitalization soon because many people now are getting attracted to the market of cryptocurrencies and with that it will still grow through out the years and I also think that Bitcoin's own market capitalization will also get $1 trillion dollars soon and its value per coin will be $60,000+ and that is almost times 10 to the current value of Bitcoin now.

Foreign stocks of Fiat moneys are operating for so how many years now and comparing it to cryptocurrencies that only operates with less than 10 years so I think it is still a child when comparing those 2 markets, but again cryptocurrencies has lost of potential in the future.
ngesotcoy

Activity: 559
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:48:06 AM

The current growth rate needs 10 years for crypto market to reach stock market cap. Now all comparisons are too early, cryptocurrency market is showing significant influence in the future.

sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:00:10 AM

There is a possibilities that crypto market can overtake the stock market seeing how bitcoin grows through the years and all other alts also appreciate in value there are also ICO's or token which are created and introduce in the market. As the demand in bitcoin increases surely developers will be focusing on having enough supply of cryptos to sustain the market. I'll be not surprise if crypto's will become the worlds legal tender.

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:33:02 AM

What I personally think is cryptocurrency is very similar to stock market but actually a lot easier to handle and you need less documentation.
To buy stocks and sell them you need to sign 100 of documents online then at ast to be able to sell them you need to sign in person your power of attorney and then send it by courier to the particular address.
Its quite hectic , but with cryptocurrency market you just jeed to verify 3 documents at once in your offline wallet and then you are good to go.. they won't ask for other documents ever again and also if you don't have documents you can do personal trading its like you do have d liberty to do what what you want in whichever way you want.
Its actually a big benifit of bitcoins being decentralized , its like you soley own it , you can use them as you Please and there isn't anyone to make rules about it.. am not against making of rules its just that sometimes rules are a hindrance even if you are doing something legal only.
I will any day prefer bitcoins over stock market .. they both sre same but with cryptocurrency world we have liberty, freedom and transparency. Cheesy

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Sam@GMP

Activity: 154
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:10:49 AM

People all around the world have trust on Stock market. Due to set regulation and control of the govt. over the stock market, this give investors confident to invest in shares. A listed company on stock exchange can't be a scam because of govt control on it whereas it is seen that most of the ICO's are scam. Also crypto, being decentralized there is no rules and regulation on it so there can be a lot of price fluctuation within a few hours without being any seller or buyer freeze.

Stock market crashes harder than BTC/ETH every 10 years - what kind of trust is there?
AriannaSantosUU

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:35:02 AM

For me, because new competitors can enter so easily in the cryptocurrency market, old currencies die much faster than old businesses die in the stock market. So crypto will be same as stock market in terms of investment and trading.
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:39:31 AM

For me it will be always be cryptocurrency market because it is like so many choices in some markets not like in the stock markets you will need to have a broker what they called and some of the people there are not fully trusted.
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:46:22 AM

They are two completely different market, I think it's impossible to make a serious comparison. But surely, the crypto market is growing so fast that any surprise is possible.

BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:34:18 AM

I personally prefer cryptocurrency and it's still in the early stage. The growth of stock market is not going to be able to compare with cryto and the same time people can lost everything they have in crytos in a matter a days. It's a very risky market.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:37:35 AM

Hello Everyone
I think that crypto marketcap will not reach stock marketcap.Stock market has been well established before years and it has a strong network all over the world legalized by almost all governments.But crypto market is in its primitive stage and has just crossed eight years.It has not even been legalized by any of the governments except japan.

So it does not make even sense to compare both.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
triads

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:44:42 AM

Hello Everyone

The way to answer this question is to look at other currencies (since cryptos are essentially a form of currency). A medium-large currency is the British Pound.  It's not a monster like the Yen, Euro, Yuan, or Dollar. But it's not small either.

The current money supply of the British Pound is roughly $2 trillion. Given that, could cryptos reach $1 trillion market cap? Almost certainly. But can it overtake stocks? That's like asking if the British Pound can "overtake stocks". Any trader will tell you that is comparing apples to oranges. Instead, what would happen is that cryptos would become an accepted store of value and transaction media for buying stocks.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: