Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:19:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-16] Newsflash: Bitcoin Price Returns Above $7,500, Hits 7-Day High  (Read 1861 times)
cybersofts (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:21:19 PM

Bitcoin Price Returns Above $7,500, Hits 7-Day High

It’s been a bullish few days for the crypto market cap as bitcoin price broke above $7,500 to hit a fresh 7-day high.

It has been a week of extreme volatility for the world’s most prominent cryptocurrency. Bitcoin prices declined to $5,500 during the weekend after the cancellation of the Segwit2x fork that led to investors partaking in a massive sell-off that coincided with tremendous gains for Bitcoin Cash (BCH). Come Monday, bitcoin price was trading back above $6,500 following an inverse Bitcoin Cash sell-off that saw the alternative cryptocurrency drop by 22$ in a single day. Bitcoin price soared above $7,000 on Wednesday, leading the charge for a bullish crypto-market that hit a record all-time high above $217 billion.

That continued momentum has stuck, as bitcoin prices climbed back above $7,500 during Thursday’s trading, reaching a new 7-day high of $7,558 (Bitfinex). At the time of publishing, bitcoin price is trading to the dollar at $7,450.

10-day Bitfinex bitcoin price chart. Courtesy: BitcoinWisdom

Altogether, bitcoin price has gained nearly 13% since the turn of Wednesday’s trading and is up 39% from its lowest point on Sunday.

Source: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/newsflash-bitcoin-price-returns-7500-hits-7-day-high/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
limek

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:18:16 PM

Yes, now hit All-time-high above $8000. To the moon...
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:33:28 PM

It's just time matter obviously, bitcoin always reach new ATH after correction occurs. Rules number one; stick to bitcoin, don't sell all of yours. Just noticed bitcoin has reached $7967 based on coinmarketcap, probably $8000 soon.
Meanwhile BCH plunged to $901, suddenly rise to $1990 but easily drop back, seems many people whoever bought at the peak regret it.
JGoRed

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:37:26 PM

This is great. I am sure that Bitcoin will probably correct itself a bit (especially as people cash out and buy alts), but we are defiantly breaking the glass ceiling.

Let's just hope it continues to go up.
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:39:27 PM

This is a great thing to see, although I can't really say that I'm all that surprised. But just to put it in perspective: A year ago Bitcoin was at 700$, and a few months ago it was at 2,000$. I'm just hoping it keeps rising.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:52:19 AM

I've noticed that sometimes there's a pattern when Bitcoin tends to rapidly increase in price when it overcomes some obstacle - recently it was August 1st with potential split due to UASF and BCH hardfork, then it was Chinese ban on exchanges, and a huge pump for BCH spiced with massive shill raiding. So, instead of damaging Bitcoin all those negative events actually strengthen it - they have showed us on practice how resilient Bitcoin is, so people are less scared that it can crash because of some fork or other attack.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:59:06 AM

It's already old news. Bitcoin has broken through to reach another ATH, this time not limited to 7 days Wink
Ladies and Gentlemen, we got ourselves 8 thousand dollars! Time to open a bottle and drink to that. I can see Roger Ver crying just now. BCC is the new king... NOT!

I've noticed that sometimes there's a pattern when Bitcoin tends to rapidly increase in price when it overcomes some obstacle

It's like a spring that needs to contract before it expands and hits all the haters in the chin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███