Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:57:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving Bitcoin in a wallet  (Read 669 times)
stevanprice (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:48:46 PM

Saving Bitcoin in a wallet for a long time is there any risk? while for long-term investment I have to keep it in my wallet. Please advise...
OneSortieMan

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:53:22 PM

which wallet do you use?
Sophiea

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:57:41 PM

It is good when you save your bitcoin in your wallet like I stored it to coins.pH and anytime i need to withdraw in case of emergency I convert it to peso and transfer to my bank account.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:57:44 PM

For storing Bitcoin long term, it is recommended to store in a paper or hardware wallet. It is not so safe to store in exchanges and online wallets. The reason is because you don’t control the private key account. If anything happen to the exchanges or online wallet, you will lose your coins. Better be safe than sorry.
Taranscorp

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:00:10 PM

+1 to use hardware or paper wallet for long term storing.
OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:02:35 PM

It'll be fine if your wallet is set up enough 2 factor authenticator. But for long term investment I think you should keep your Bitcoin in cold storage wallet like trezor or ledger nano s, they are the safest wallet at the moment.

jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:06:22 PM

Saving Bitcoin in a wallet for a long time is there any risk? while for long-term investment I have to keep it in my wallet. Please advise...
Bitcoin is stable for long time. This is one of the best cryptocurrency. In future many altcoins are developed in market. So Bitcoin value is fall or raise whatever will happen in market. You should save your money in wallet is okay. But you should exchange or sell in right time. Because it goes in complete fall you may suffer.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BitNoLimit

Activity: 55
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:07:32 PM

make sure your wallet is secure
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:09:41 PM

Saving bitcoin in wallet is a good advice but which wallet you are telling is not clear. If you are saving the bitcoins in online web wallet then it is not secure as You dont have private key for the web wallets, so it is better to use desktop wallet like Electrum where you are in control of the private key of all address. And electrum is very easy to use, it is very lite and secure to use it.
stevanprice (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:12:35 PM

For storing Bitcoin long term, it is recommended to store in a paper or hardware wallet. It is not so safe to store in exchanges and online wallets. The reason is because you don’t control the private key account. If anything happen to the exchanges or online wallet, you will lose your coins. Better be safe than sorry.
thanks for the suggestion, yes i agree with the save in the paper or hardware wallet, but is it later when there is damage in this wallet is there any way to overcome it? because the paper is more vulnerable damaged .. please advice again Thanks
turkmachiavelli

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:15:43 PM

Everyone say different things in these days so I don't give advice you but I think Bitcoin will never end There always will be crypto money because Internet is in everywhere and we work in internet so we need btc or some crypto money.

Palmholder

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:16:17 PM

What kind of wallet you mean? If you mean online wallet, better go for blockchain.com, but if you want to get more security for your private key, which lets to manage your coins, then go for hardware. I prefer to use Bitcoin Core node at offline laptop. There are many different options by the way, Ledger/Trazor wallets seems to be the most secure but it costs. As an alternative you may run bitcoin node on external hard drive or use a paper wallet, all depends from your aims

maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:16:35 PM

I a gree with you. better keep it in a safe place like a hardware wallet. many possibilities can occur if saving with long time in exchanges. to make sure it's safer, true what's said @Svelto
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:19:18 PM

hardware wallet is a must if you want to store your BTC for long time, like everyone already told you, you don't own your BTC unless are stored in a wallet where you own the private key.
Just don't be like couple of guys i've read on this forum who lost his passphrase/password and whatever is needed to get access to your wallet, you will lose everything if you forget your password and it's hardly recoverable.
paper wallet, if properly stored and covered in plastic paper are safe but have to be kept in a safe place waterproof/fireproof because, all in all it's still paper.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:20:34 PM

In my opinion, it is ok to save bitcoin on a wallet but not for too long like for a 3 to 4 weeks or more because your money would be idle or wasted instead of earning interest or investing it in Bitcoin trading. Just wait for the perfect timing to buy Bitcoin and read the forecast so that you can make plans. Smiley
farhan28

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:28:39 PM

Saving Bitcoin in a wallet is a good decision..because if you keep the bitcoin it will increase with the increase of value of bitcoin...but it shold be remember that it should be keep into paper or hardware wallet..because you don't carry the private key..
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:29:04 PM

Saving and investing for long term with bitcoin and just save in the crypto wallet it depends upon the wallet you I strongly recommend that use hardware wallet or white paper wallet to store your bitcoin and don't give your secret key to other to avoid scam.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:30:02 PM

It is good when you are earning profit and then save them in your wallet but f you just buy bitcoin and wait for the price to increase its risk because some of traders are selling their coins and wait for the price to dump and buy again if you dfollow the flow maybe you will get another profit from there but the transaction fee is a little awful but when you trade it into alternative xoins and esrning then saving is really good
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:35:36 PM

We people have fear on long term trading specially this reason. Well, for you to long term your investment, you must check your wallet accordingly. So that you can see how it goes inside your wallet. Whether it still there or not. Making sure of possibilities is the key for this.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:40:31 PM

So far I haven't heard any news about on-line wallets taking savings that are idle for a long period so I guess it is safe if you want to keep your bitcoins in your wallet just pick the best wallet that you truly trust. You can also try to get some paper wallet with that you cab have an assurance that your bitcoin will not be gone and stole by someone it's quite expensive but it's worth it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: