Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:27:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin Testimonies  (Read 2583 times)
coinerd

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:21:36 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 11:37:14 AM by coinerd

The price crashed way before Round 23 started paying out (which I think was FinShaggy's first payment), so it wasn't him (go back to the old thread to see when the drop happened - from memory it was late-May and the consensus was that a whole bunch of new merge miners were selling.

Depends on which "crash" you mean. The fluctuations that I was accustomed to seeing in devcoin price have settled way down and trading moved from .00000115 - .00000130 and settled in comfortable at <.0000008 - .000001 since the last week or so. It seems incredibly obcvious that there was a dump when the shares paid out, and there's just now starting to be some signs of recovery - in time for Fin Shaggy to get paid again.

This is a re-stabilization (in short terms but regarding comparable time frames) of the market down what, 30 - 40%? 

Was he solely responsible for this?  I doubt it.  But how many people do you think just paid their rent out of the devcoin market cap?

And how close is Fin Shaggy's next payment?

And if you think about it for a moment, he's just admitted he's financially dependant on the price being stable, so why would he crash the price?

Actually, it seems to me that he just flaunted how little he actually knows about trading or markets.  And that he dumped heavily into a weak market, at a bad time becuase he had so many devcoins it was worth it to him.

And also the fact that he's getting so many devcoins that he could PAY HIS RENT in a sorely depressed market and still have money for toys.

Speaking metaphorically yes, I think he's ignorant enough to kill a chicken that would lay eggs for years so that he could have chicken and dumplings for dinner.

He's going to correct the market with his next payment?  Do you not see the irony in that statement - the obvious implication that he's either lying or completely living in a fantasy?

His hot words are simply the result of being constantly stalked and bashed and accused of pumping and dumping. Yes, very childish to respond with a "right I'll dump coins then" - but he's been goaded to that point.

I get that some don't like FinShaggy - but why don't you use the ignore button? Why the constant stalking and cyber-bullying? Haven't you got anything better to do?

In my analysis, that's backwards. His being constantly stalked and bashed is the direct result of his words and his ridiculous antics. 

For the record today is the first time that I've spoken out either to or about Fin Shaggy. And despite some of what has gone on in this thread I think you'll find my points clear and legitimate, not trolling or "Cyber-bullying".  And the reason it's happening now is two-fold:

His antics the other day when he got "back on the job" really sorely offended me and pissed me off.  When he shit all over the thread requesting ideas I was surprised that he was even being still tolerated at all. 

Then, yesterday (well 2 days now) I found out that he is not just some random idiot spouting off all of the time, that he is actually compensated for this behavior.

That that while he's supposed to be getting paid to help advance the cause of the devcoin community, he is in fact alienating most of that community with a RAH RAH BULLSHIT cheerleading pump of devcoins to people who don't understand so that he can pay his rent off of them.

That's Just Awful.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:44:47 AM

The price crashed way before Round 23 started paying out (which I think was FinShaggy's first payment), so it wasn't him (go back to the old thread to see when the drop happened - from memory it was late-May and the consensus was that a whole bunch of new merge miners were selling.

Depends on which "crash" you mean. The fluctuations that I was accustomed to seeing in devcoin price have settled way down and trading moved from .0000015 - .0000013 and settled in comfortable at <.0000008 - .000001 since the last week or so. It seems incredibly obcvious that there was a dump when the shares paid out, and there's just now starting to be some signs of recovery - in time for Fin Shaggy to get paid again.

Was he solely responsible for this?  I doubt it.  But how many people do you think just paid their rent out of the devcoin market cap?

[/quote]

We first started noticing a slump in price on May 30th - see here on the old thread. That's when the price went from about 145 satoshis to about 105 satoshis. Most likely miners selling - though in this post Vlad thought it was down to the bitcoin price dropping from $130 to $118 - also a likely cause.  Since then the bitcoin price has fallen to $100 and devcoin has tracked it down. I doubt that is due to FinShaggy!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
coinerd

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:51:27 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 12:06:53 PM by coinerd

Depends on which "crash" you mean. The fluctuations that I was accustomed to seeing in devcoin price have settled way down and trading moved from .0000015 - .0000013 and settled in comfortable at <.0000008 - .000001 since the last week or so. It seems incredibly obcvious that there was a dump when the shares paid out, and there's just now starting to be some signs of recovery - in time for Fin Shaggy to get paid again.

Was he solely responsible for this?  I doubt it.  But how many people do you think just paid their rent out of the devcoin market cap?

We first started noticing a slump in price on May 30th - see here on the old thread. That's when the price went from about 145 satoshis to about 105 satoshis. Most likely miners selling - though in this post Vlad thought it was down to the bitcoin price dropping from $130 to $118 - also a likely cause.  Since then the bitcoin price has fallen to $100 and devcoin has tracked it down. I doubt that is due to FinShaggy!

Fair enough. Do you think he's helping?
alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:03:31 PM

Was he solely responsible for this?  I doubt it.  But how many people do you think just paid their rent out of the devcoin market cap?

We first started noticing a slump in price on May 30th - see here on the old thread. That's when the price went from about 145 satoshis to about 105 satoshis. Most likely miners selling - though in this post Vlad thought it was down to the bitcoin price dropping from $130 to $118 - also a likely cause.  Since then the bitcoin price has fallen to $100 and devcoin has tracked it down. I doubt that is due to FinShaggy!

Well I think he's an offbeat character who sometimes just gets carried away with his enthusiasm  Grin  I don't think there's any harm in him - I think he's promoting madly because he really believes Devcoin saved his life and can save others too. Unthinkingbit bit made him promoter after he'd done loads of threads singing the virtues of Devcoin!

My view is that we're not a business, we're a community and good communities tolerate off-beat characters. It's perfectly true that the other alt coins are more professional, and well, sales-aware - but that's because they really are about pump and dump and not being a pro hurts that, so they mind what they say. I like to think Devcoin is a little different and less cookie-cutter...

Regarding the price - obviously it's disappointing - but we just need to sit it out and wait for bitcoin's price to rise (which will pull the main alt coins up too). IMO nothing will happen till September/October - that's the traditional season for WallStreet to meltdown, and this year we have the added fun of Cyprus ending it's capital controls in Sept too - all designed to create renewed interest in bitcoins and cryptocurrencies in general.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
coinerd

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:11:04 PM

Well I think he's an offbeat character who sometimes just gets carried away with his enthusiasm  Grin  I don't think there's any harm in him - I think he's promoting madly because he really believes Devcoin saved his life and can save others too. Unthinkingbit bit made him promoter after he'd done loads of threads singing the virtues of Devcoin!

My view is that we're not a business, we're a community and good communities tolerate off-beat characters. It's perfectly true that the other alt coins are more professional, and well, sales-aware - but that's because they really are about pump and dump and not being a pro hurts that, so they mind what they say. I like to think Devcoin is a little different and less cookie-cutter...

Regarding the price - obviously it's disappointing - but we just need to sit it out and wait for bitcoin's price to rise (which will pull the main alt coins up too). IMO nothing will happen till September/October - that's the traditional season for WallStreet to meltdown, and this year we have the added fun of Cyprus ending it's capital controls in Sept too - all designed to create renewed interest in bitcoins and cryptocurrencies in general.

Actually I'm still shaking my head over that.

You switched to giving some prices in USD.  But devcoin isn't traded against USD in most markets and in fact has fallen in proportion to BitCoin, while Bitcoin has fallen vs USD.

According to your numbers it was worth approximately $.0001885 USD/DVC (.00000145 * $130 Bitcoin) and moved to $.000105 USD (.00000105 * $100 BitCoin).

This means that while bitcoin has dropped something like 25% Devcoin has pushed down nearly 50% (relative to USD). And frankly devcoin has not been trading near that 105 number for the last week, trades have been happening as low as .00000040 with most volume between .0000075 and .00000095 on the exchanges I'm watching.

That is not "Tracking it down".

Regarding Fin Shaggy, we can agree to disagree.  I feel that his antics have crossed the borderline form silly to destructive some time ago and he should be removed. Others may obviously disagree.  My OP in this thread was an address to him directly and I stand by my opinion.

EDIT: sorry if the flash edits are confusing, sooo much formatting with the quotes Wink

alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:18:17 PM

Actually I'm still shaking my head over that.

You switched to giving some prices in USD.  But devcoin isn't traded against USD in most markets and in fact has fallen in proportion to BitCoin, while Bitcoin has fallen vs USD.

According to your numbers it was worth approximately $.0001885 USD/DVC (.00000145 * $130 Bitcoin) to $.000105 USD (.00000105 * $100 BitCoin).

This means that while bitcoin has dropped something like 25% Devcoin has pushed down nearly 50%. And frankly devcoin has not been trading near that 105 number for the last week, trades have been happening as low as .00000040 with most volume between .0000075 and .00000095 on the exchanges I'm watching.

That is not "Tracking it down".

Regarding Fin Shaggy, we can agree to disagree.  I feel that his antics have crossed the borderline form silly to destructive some time ago and he should be removed. Others may obviously disagree.  My OP in this thread was an address to him directly and I stand by my opinion.

Well, that's why I initially thought the price drop was down to new merge miners selling. From their point of view it's cost-free to merge-mine Devcoins, and when they have expenses to pay they sell their devcoins rather than bitcoins. According to someone on the old thread there was a sharp increase in the numbers of miners in May.

However, the price of bitcoin does affect the other cryptocurrencies. When bitcoin is in the press a lot there is huge interest generated, and some who think it's too expensive and that they've missed the boat pile into altcoins. All the altcoins rose in April and they've all fallen back as the press interest has waned. So the bitcoin price affects the altcoins indirectly.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 04:03:59 PM

None of the threads have been useless, you guys just haven't taken the time to pay attention. Or pick the ones that are for people like you.

I dunno, there's a couple in there that aren't so great, I think that's the point of this whole kavetching session we've just endured. For example, I'd say "Devtome Girl" is a pretty useless thread, though I've said my peace on it and won't drag it up again. FWIW, post more substantial threads with more clear and concise information in them and I will give them more credence and less disdain.

I like conversation, and I like debate. I also think both can be had without resorting to the F bomb or showing titties--but hey, again, I'm weird. Remember, you may think, "All press is good press," but the truth is it isn't. I'm not the morality police either though, so take it with a grain of salt.

You can think the devcoin girl thread is useless all day, but there are people on that very same thread that say they bought coins just because they saw her video.

Do you want to know why? Do you SERIOUSLY WANT TO KNOW WHY? Because you've been lying to people over the past few weeks saying that Devcoin was at some point $10. You got her to say it, and you said it yourself. You even spammed it, made threads about it, videos, posts, etc. That's why people bought them.\

It was at one point at that price, it was a mistake (someone bought all the cheap coins, and sold theirs for $10), but it happened. YES under false pretenses, and I have made that clear from the beginning. But if we work towards ACTUAL development, and start writing and creating things. The coin WILL raise value naturally. The fact that it spiked so high is just proof it can happen again. And I never advertised that devcoin would be worth $10, I simply said it had been before. The goal now is to get it to one penny. And that will be done through persistence, not through bashing the guy talking about devcoins history. 

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 04:07:42 PM

Devcoin was not really a "thriving economy".  It's quite possible that someone dumping enough devcoin into the market to pay a month's rent, buy several pieces of brand new electronics, and take a little trip would cause the current market condition.

Not to mention how wonderful I'm sure it makes everyone feel to know that we just paid Fin Shaggy's rent in exchange for his "services to the community".  Services that we have all appreciated, so much.

I'd like to know how he plans on "correcting" the devcoin market - WITH MORE DEVCOINS!!

His investing knowledge, I see, is something that is beyond the rest of our ability to perceive as well.

Seriously.  Roll Eyes

1. Never paid rent with the coins, just said I could
2. Buying an Xbox and Capture card do not destroy the market, you can see the marke being destroyed by the drops of 2million+
3. What trip are you talking about, I'm visiting family because of my dead brother and devcoin did not pay for that
4. You will see me correct the market soon, let me fucking get home first as I have said over and over.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 04:09:50 PM

I get that some don't like FinShaggy - but why don't you use the ignore button? Why the constant stalking and cyber-bullying? Haven't you got anything better to do?

That's just it, no they don't.
No matter what website I go to, these people find me. I have put together a formula, (Idealism = Troll Food)

Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:12:24 PM

No matter what website I go to, these people find me. I have put together a formula, (Idealism = Troll Food)

Just that sentence makes me think you're the troll here. Idealism isn't "troll food", but you need to know reality, and that you're being crazy. Also, there's an edit button, stop making 3-4 posts in a row, please.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 04:12:41 PM

None of the threads have been useless, you guys just haven't taken the time to pay attention. Or pick the ones that are for people like you.

I dunno, there's a couple in there that aren't so great, I think that's the point of this whole kavetching session we've just endured. For example, I'd say "Devtome Girl" is a pretty useless thread, though I've said my peace on it and won't drag it up again. FWIW, post more substantial threads with more clear and concise information in them and I will give them more credence and less disdain.

I like conversation, and I like debate. I also think both can be had without resorting to the F bomb or showing titties--but hey, again, I'm weird. Remember, you may think, "All press is good press," but the truth is it isn't. I'm not the morality police either though, so take it with a grain of salt.

You can think the devcoin girl thread is useless all day, but there are people on that very same thread that say they bought coins just because they saw her video.

Do you want to know why? Do you SERIOUSLY WANT TO KNOW WHY? Because you've been lying to people over the past few weeks saying that Devcoin was at some point $10. You got her to say it, and you said it yourself. You even spammed it, made threads about it, videos, posts, etc. That's why people bought them.\

It was at one point at that price, it was a mistake (someone bought all the cheap coins, and sold theirs for $10), but it happened. YES under false pretenses, and I have made that clear from the beginning. But if we work towards ACTUAL development, and start writing and creating things. The coin WILL raise value naturally. The fact that it spiked so high is just proof it can happen again. And I never advertised that devcoin would be worth $10, I simply said it had been before. The goal now is to get it to one penny. And that will be done through persistence, not through bashing the guy talking about devcoins history.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqreEZKNHiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6AWKEEEN-Y

God, both of you are so bad for the community it's not even funny anymore

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 04:13:40 PM

I doubt that is due to FinShaggy!

It's not me. I can tell you EXACTLY who it is.

There have been about 40 people writing for devtome and mining for coins for 2 years. Those people have piles of 100,000,000+ coins MINIMUM.

They saw me talking about devcoins and got excited/nervous, they saw the flood of trolls and they got scared, and THAT is where the dumping is coming from.

So buy their coins while they are cheap, because once the devtome shares end up being like 1,000 DVC each, those coins that people are selling in fear are going to be worth A LOT more.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 04:15:08 PM

Well I think he's an offbeat character who sometimes just gets carried away with his enthusiasm  Grin  I don't think there's any harm in him - I think he's promoting madly because he really believes Devcoin saved his life and can save others too. Unthinkingbit bit made him promoter after he'd done loads of threads singing the virtues of Devcoin!

We need a like button, and if we had a like button, I would say we need a love button.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 04:17:54 PM

Just that sentence makes me think you're the troll here. Idealism isn't "troll food", but you need to know reality, and that you're being crazy. Also, there's an edit button, stop making 3-4 posts in a row, please.

Idealism IS troll food. I dare you to now, go post a project idea that you don't have the money for. Don't even ask for funding, and see what kind of response you get.

But it needs to be idealistic, like: A free America something like that, not just "I want to open a kissing booth".

shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:18:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqreEZKNHiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6AWKEEEN-Y

God, both of you are so bad for the community it's not even funny anymore

Let me get this straight, I just need to find someone willing to make a video confirming something I said in a video, and then we'll all get rich, ya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mgfV_MJ3LI&feature=youtu.be

Count me in brah!
Boelens

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:21:41 PM

Idealism IS troll food. I dare you to now, go post a project idea that you don't have the money for. Don't even ask for funding, and see what kind of response you get.

But it needs to be idealistic, like: A free America something like that, not just "I want to open a kissing booth".

No, I won't, as I don't have any idealistic ideas, and if I did I'd work them out so they'd actually make sense. Also, you're saying people get scared due to "the flood trolls", yeah, and that flood of troll is you.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 04:23:40 PM

No, I won't, as I don't have any idealistic ideas, and if I did I'd work them out so they'd actually make sense. Also, you're saying people get scared due to "the flood trolls", yeah, and that flood of troll is you.

I never mentioned a flood of trolls, I said troll food. And the fact that you have no idealism proves that you don't even have the capacity to understand my perspective. So at least try, or you will be ignored after your next post.

Boelens

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:25:50 PM

I never mentioned a flood of trolls, I said troll food. And the fact that you have no idealism proves that you don't even have the capacity to understand my perspective. So at least try, or you will be ignored after your next post.

I was talking about this post :
I doubt that is due to FinShaggy!

It's not me. I can tell you EXACTLY who it is.

There have been about 40 people writing for devtome and mining for coins for 2 years. Those people have piles of 100,000,000+ coins MINIMUM.

They saw me talking about devcoins and got excited/nervous, they saw the flood of trolls and they got scared, and THAT is where the dumping is coming from.

So buy their coins while they are cheap, because once the devtome shares end up being like 1,000 DVC each, those coins that people are selling in fear are going to be worth A LOT more.

And just because I'm not for a "FREE AMERICA ALL SMOKE WEED AWLWALWLALW" doesn't mean I don't have any reasonable ideals.
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:26:59 PM

Wait, holy shit, I just watched that "Mon Corpus" video, is that for real?? Four Loko?? Wow, now that's some uber awesome press for DVC. Anyone who drinks that is SURE to be in the know guys, come on!

Sorry, I'm cyber bullying again, right? Good lord, if you put it out there, you're gonna get some flames. Devcoin girl is
pretty lame (again, again, again)...not to mention its apparent she's reading a script. "Devcoin until I die, because its easier than getting a real job."

Now there are 3 videos saying it will be $10, who else is up for making one or 8? Shiiiit, I need some Four Loko myself!
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 04:29:25 PM

Wait, holy shit, I just watched that "Mon Corpus" video, is that for real?? Four Loko?? Wow, now that's some uber awesome press for DVC. Anyone who drinks that is SURE to be in the know guys, come on!

Sorry, I'm cyber bullying again, right? Good lord, if you put it out there, you're gonna get some flames. Devcoin girl is
pretty lame (again, again, again)...not to mention its apparent she's reading a script. "Devcoin until I die, because its easier than getting a real job."

Now there are 3 videos saying it will be $10, who else is up for making one or 8? Shiiiit, I need some Four Loko myself!

Dude, we found her because she made that video. There was no script. And if it's not your cup of tea great., give it a thumbs down. But don't hate on it, because before people like you came and started shit talking it, it was getting people to buy coins. I had nothing to do with the video being made, but I thought it was pretty cool that it was such a beneficial thing.

Until people came in and decided they needed to bring up some negative aspects, and devcoin loyalists none the less.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: