Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:17:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin Testimonies  (Read 2583 times)
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 01:15:19 AM

Stopping the quote pyramid here to prevent a huge spam, but I am in no way trolling you. Don't you see all the other posts? Doesn't it ring any bells to you?
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 01:31:55 AM

You obviously want to share so, lets hear how Devtome/DVC really changed your life. What did you do for a job before them? Your register date isn't too long ago, so you must have been very derelict, right? Do you get state-sponsored aid (i.e.: welfare, housing assistance?) or do you get disability? I'm guessing here that you didn't have a job before hand as the $$ from your admin shares and PPWC have grossly improved your life. No trolling, I genuinely want to know--if its made your life that much better, I'd love to hear about it.

In kind, here's how DVC has changed my life, although I still haven't received any of my Devtome payouts yet: First off, I see DVC is a unique idea, brilliant way to give little bits of appreciation to people who get little oftentimes for open source, creative arts, and real, life-changing work (volunteering/etc). Second, DVC being merge-mined with BTC gives it immediate legitimacy as a currency, even with the (currently) very low exchange rate and dilution of share value since Devtome's recent thread count on this board. Last, DVC has a very dedicated long-term group of supporters (though like yourself, I'm a fairly recent one) who have worked to create the amazing backend for distributing DVC to those who need it most.

When I read your thread about Devtome, I initially thought it would be awesome to dump a bunch of shit on to it and sit back and collect, and in kind, I did do that, publishing a bunch of my college papers and some how-to's I'd written for my personal domain (its been online since 1999, did you have the Internet back then?). Something happened as I started writing though, and I got back in the groove; after being out of school for a couple years--it felt good! Perhaps you've noticed my eloquence and fluent writing style, I'm not so bad at prose myself. So armed with a new found vigor, I wrote a 13,000+ word article on what of all things? Creating scrypt clone coins. Ha, Ironic eh? I relish the fact that in round 96000 I am going to make a few bits for that guide and have begun a second, more ambitious article. This one will be about how to troubleshoot these clone-coins, a (hopefully) all in one reference for all the bits that people just can't seem to work out--and a great place for me to mirror my work with the side effect of earning a few bits for my effort.

Now everytime a clone-coin comes out, I bounce through the source. There are quite a few with my hallmarks in them, maybe a -qt.pro LIB order here, or a diff algo change there, or maybe even my copyright left intact (thanks 6coin and nuCoin). Did I mention I never once got a single Satoshi for that guide? Nor do I expect to get any for the next iteration. Truth is, I'd have published it on my own website simply for the notoriety of showing up in google when someone looks for "MUTEX_SHARED_WINDOWS_BOOST aww $%*&". So is it life changing? Yea kind of, I've learned more about programming in the last few months than in a couple years at university. Thanks to you, I'm going to get a few BTC worth of DVC for it too!
tunafish

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 01:38:59 AM

Devcoin has totally changed my life. Praise dev!
I remember buying some devcoins for .000000150 and selling them for .000000141... that day changed my life.

Lulz but no rly I guess devcoin is good for developers and such who get paid with it if they're getting a fair rate but I can't say i've ever seen anyone (even on the interwebs) who has said devcoin has chaged their life, excluding OP, no offense.

Feeling generous?
BTC: 1MiaKvvzhuCrbWJ2iXA9RceZfRpNDjwJTk
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

1. You obviously want to share so, lets hear how Devtome/DVC really changed your life. What did you do for a job before them? Your register date isn't too long ago, so you must have been very derelict, right? Do you get state-sponsored aid (i.e.: welfare, housing assistance?) or do you get disability? I'm guessing here that you didn't have a job before hand as the $$ from your admin shares and PPWC have grossly improved your life. No trolling, I genuinely want to know--if its made your life that much better, I'd love to hear about it.

I will break your post into segments

Before Devtome I had a series of jobs (I will start at 19 years old, when I left TX). I worked at an avocado warehouse, where I was 1 of 3 English speaking employees on the floor.
I got a "helper" Mexican that couldn't speak English, and I was told to train hi so he could help me do my job. A week in, I was fired.

Since then I have been living from YouTube paycheck to YouTube paycheck, and I haven't been able to get a job no matter how much I apply. I was in Florida for a while, and had applied at abunch of places, one being a grocery store. 3 months later I'm in Colorado and I get a phone call asking if I need a job at the grocery store in florida. Other than YouTube, that is the only work opportunity I have for about a year

I wanted to go to college when I was a kid. I planned on doing community college, getting the basics done. Then moving on to a bigger and better school. But when I got older I learned, you need money for that. And no one had prepared me. Yes I had had jobs, but not $100,000 a year ones. And since I got a full graduation highschool diploma in juvy my junior year, I didn't get the aid of a councilor, or anyone who could help me learn what a student loan is let alone get one.

But with the YouTube checks, I have lived on less than $500 a month (including rent) for the past 8 months.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
shakezula

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:05:37 AM

Well then, in the spirit of the original thread, its kick-ass to hear DVC has set you up better than you were before!

I'd wager if you'd posted your story in the first thread along with the call to hear others' stories, we'd all be sharing and bob's your uncle.  Grin

No harm, no foul, some of us are really here for the community and DVC has a good one, you included Smiley
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 02:06:27 AM

When I read your thread about Devtome, I initially thought it would be awesome to dump a bunch of shit on to it and sit back and collect, and in kind, I did do that, publishing a bunch of my college papers and some how-to's I'd written for my personal domain (its been online since 1999, did you have the Internet back then?). Something happened as I started writing though, and I got back in the groove; after being out of school for a couple years--it felt good! Perhaps you've noticed my eloquence and fluent writing style, I'm not so bad at prose myself. So armed with a new found vigor, I wrote a 13,000+ word article on what of all things? Creating scrypt clone coins. Ha, Ironic eh? I relish the fact that in round 96000 I am going to make a few bits for that guide and have begun a second, more ambitious article. This one will be about how to troubleshoot these clone-coins, a (hopefully) all in one reference for all the bits that people just can't seem to work out--and a great place for me to mirror my work with the side effect of earning a few bits for my effort.

That is awesome. Why couldn't you come here and say this write away instead of bashing me. This is exactly what I was asking for.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 02:09:17 AM

Well then, in the spirit of the original thread, its kick-ass to hear DVC has set you up better than you were before!

I'd wager if you'd posted your story in the first thread along with the call to hear others' stories, we'd all be sharing and bob's your uncle.  Grin

No harm, no foul, some of us are really here for the community and DVC has a good one, you included Smiley

I did post my story, I just did it in video form. I went back and added it in written form now though.

shakezula

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:12:18 AM

I did post my story, I just did it in video form. I went back and added it in written form now though.

Excellent, it is a success story and others should hear it. That said, I don't watch YouTube nearly ever, so I had no idea thats what your link contained. Now that its in print, I am actually going to watch the video as I know what to expect when I click the link. As I am a writer, I am a reader and prefer my Internet in text/graphics rather than audio/video, but hey that's just me, I'm weird.  Cool
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 02:14:49 AM

Excellent, it is a success story and others should hear it. That said, I don't watch YouTube nearly ever, so I had no idea thats what your link contained. Now that its in print, I am actually going to watch the video as I know what to expect when I click the link. As I am a writer, I am a reader and prefer my Internet in text/graphics rather than audio/video, but hey that's just me, I'm weird.  Cool

Now not only is there a testimonial of devcoin financial blessings, but a story of redemption through non-heated discussion,

Boelens

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:21:57 AM

Well, glad to hear you're actually posting something good now, and DVC did help you greatly. I still don't agree with your posts, but, glad this isn't a very useless thread now.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 02:32:11 AM

Well, glad to hear you're actually posting something good now, and DVC did help you greatly. I still don't agree with your posts, but, glad this isn't a very useless thread now.

None of the threads have been useless, you guys just haven't taken the time to pay attention. Or pick the ones that are for people like you.

shakezula

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:37:35 AM

None of the threads have been useless, you guys just haven't taken the time to pay attention. Or pick the ones that are for people like you.

I dunno, there's a couple in there that aren't so great, I think that's the point of this whole kavetching session we've just endured. For example, I'd say "Devtome Girl" is a pretty useless thread, though I've said my peace on it and won't drag it up again. FWIW, post more substantial threads with more clear and concise information in them and I will give them more credence and less disdain.

I like conversation, and I like debate. I also think both can be had without resorting to the F bomb or showing titties--but hey, again, I'm weird. Remember, you may think, "All press is good press," but the truth is it isn't. I'm not the morality police either though, so take it with a grain of salt.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 02:58:38 AM

If getting a new webcam and an xbox is life changing, then you need to stop smokin so much bud and quit trying to start cults

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 05:22:58 AM

I dunno, there's a couple in there that aren't so great, I think that's the point of this whole kavetching session we've just endured. For example, I'd say "Devtome Girl" is a pretty useless thread, though I've said my peace on it and won't drag it up again. FWIW, post more substantial threads with more clear and concise information in them and I will give them more credence and less disdain.

I like conversation, and I like debate. I also think both can be had without resorting to the F bomb or showing titties--but hey, again, I'm weird. Remember, you may think, "All press is good press," but the truth is it isn't. I'm not the morality police either though, so take it with a grain of salt.

You can think the devcoin girl thread is useless all day, but there are people on that very same thread that say they bought coins just because they saw her video.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 05:24:02 AM

If getting a new webcam and an xbox is life changing, then you need to stop smokin so much bud and quit trying to start cults

That is not the life changing part, the life changing part is the fact that I have been a struggling artist for over a year now. And now I struggle no more.

acs26

June 24, 2013, 06:55:27 AM

You can think the devcoin girl thread is useless all day, but there are people on that very same thread that say they bought coins just because they saw her video.

Do you want to know why? Do you SERIOUSLY WANT TO KNOW WHY? Because you've been lying to people over the past few weeks saying that Devcoin was at some point $10. You got her to say it, and you said it yourself. You even spammed it, made threads about it, videos, posts, etc. That's why people bought them.

Because you basically sold lies to the community so you could pump n' dump. Instead of actually thinking, about how your 'pump n' dump' could affect the community, you instead started to tell people about Devcoin being $10. Which also got us attacked by trolls.. And other people.

So yeah, you got people to buy Devcoin.

But not for the right reasons.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:04:43 AM

Wait, so it's YOU behind the giant dump that has recently crashed devcoin prices?
AFAICS this question hasn't been answered and is pretty interesting

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
coinerd

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:37:18 AM

Devcoin was not really a "thriving economy".  It's quite possible that someone dumping enough devcoin into the market to pay a month's rent, buy several pieces of brand new electronics, and take a little trip would cause the current market condition.

Not to mention how wonderful I'm sure it makes everyone feel to know that we just paid Fin Shaggy's rent in exchange for his "services to the community".  Services that we have all appreciated, so much.

I'd like to know how he plans on "correcting" the devcoin market - WITH MORE DEVCOINS!!

His investing knowledge, I see, is something that is beyond the rest of our ability to perceive as well.

Seriously.  Roll Eyes

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:11:19 AM

Wait, so it's YOU behind the giant dump that has recently crashed devcoin prices?
AFAICS this question hasn't been answered and is pretty interesting

I don't see a suitable answer either.   This is troubling.

I have gotten about half of my devcoin devtome payout, I plan on using the other half on correcting the market, instead of bitching and moaning about the market and pointing blame like you guys.

Enjoy your x-box and your web cam.  I think I just heard a market lose all support.

This is troubling.  I'd want to hear what Unthinkingbit has to say about this.

The price crashed way before Round 23 started paying out (which I think was FinShaggy's first payment), so it wasn't him (go back to the old thread to see when the drop happened - from memory it was late-May and the consensus was that a whole bunch of new merge miners were selling. And if you think about it for a moment, he's just admitted he's financially dependant on the price being stable, so why would he crash the price?

His hot words are simply the result of being constantly stalked and bashed and accused of pumping and dumping. Yes, very childish to respond with a "right I'll dump coins then" - but he's been goaded to that point.

I get that some don't like FinShaggy - but why don't you use the ignore button? Why the constant stalking and cyber-bullying? Haven't you got anything better to do?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:26:13 AM

The price crashed way before Round 23 started paying out (which I think was FinShaggy's first payment), so it wasn't him (go back to the old thread to see when the drop happened - from memory it was late-May and the consensus was that a whole bunch of new merge miners were selling. And if you think about it for a moment, he's just admitted he's financially dependant on the price being stable, so why would he crash the price?

His hot words are simply the result of being constantly stalked and bashed and accused of pumping and dumping. Yes, very childish to respond with a "right I'll dump coins then" - but he's been goaded to that point.

I get that some don't like FinShaggy - but why don't you use the ignore button? Why the constant stalking and cyber-bullying? Haven't you got anything better to do?
Agreed. We all have our opinions about finshaggy, but it's a free market and not up to anybody to determine what others do with their devcoins, or litecoins or bitcoins or dollars for that matter. The success of any crypto does not rest on whether a person wants to buy and sell, or buy and hold, and there's no accounting for poor economic rationality. And fwiw the dvc move has been similar to that in may other alts, such as ppc, nmc, probably due to the issue alyssa raises as well as a greater shift towards ltc speculation, mass alt creation and most likely just trends. It tends to be when sentiment is extreme that markets turn anyhow. On any promotion of untruths and/or relentless spamming, there I agree, but that's a different issue and largely (in my opinion) the result of others playing him to their own perceived advantage. Unfortunately that's life.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: