Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:13:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why you should not trust Bittrex [Bittrex Scam]  (Read 261 times)
chirupte (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:02:08 PM

Bittrex being one of the most popular Exchanges seems very trustworthy and that might be so in some cases.

I personally had a horrible experience with them.

It all started when i decided to buy vertcoin, seeing th opportunity of a new coin i decided to invest.
Deposit was no problem and i decided to buy 50 VTC. Exchange worked fine, but when i wanted to withdraw an error message appeared
saying i have to verificate.
Trying to do so i found my verification  E-Mail in my inbox and clicked on the provided link.

-Link did not work.

Thought fuck it and contact support.

-Its been 4 weeks and the only one to contact one of my tickets was a automated bot suggesting to check my spam folder.

Wrote 2 more tickets and continued to wait.

RESULT:

- 225$ stuck in my Bittrex wallet and no way to withdraw
- Bittrex does not give a single shit, even after contacting them on social media, E-Mail etc.

0/10 would never recommend
Keep your hands off that scam boys!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franpote

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:52:39 PM

And what do you propose to use instead of Bittrex?
Exachange service with support of different coins?
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:15:57 PM

Bittrex being one of the most popular Exchanges seems very trustworthy and that might be so in some cases.

I personally had a horrible experience with them.

It all started when i decided to buy vertcoin, seeing th opportunity of a new coin i decided to invest.
Deposit was no problem and i decided to buy 50 VTC. Exchange worked fine, but when i wanted to withdraw an error message appeared
saying i have to verificate.
Trying to do so i found my verification  E-Mail in my inbox and clicked on the provided link.

-Link did not work.

Thought fuck it and contact support.

-Its been 4 weeks and the only one to contact one of my tickets was a automated bot suggesting to check my spam folder.

Wrote 2 more tickets and continued to wait.

RESULT:

- 225$ stuck in my Bittrex wallet and no way to withdraw
- Bittrex does not give a single shit, even after contacting them on social media, E-Mail etc.

0/10 would never recommend
Keep your hands off that scam boys!
Your thread is not suitable for this section because this is not related to currency exchange better take this from here and move in service discussion exchanges section hope some one give you better way for fighting against this scam from this exchange
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: