Bitcoin Forum
September 06, 2024, 04:14:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How I promote Bitcoin  (Read 1137 times)
Fizpok (OP)

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 07:11:14 PM

This is a single tip that may be valuable to others, so I am sharing it Smiley
It is using a rather simple psychological trick, but I haven't seen it done anywhere yet, so...

Say, I have a site (ex.: nlp.snowcron.com), and there are couple of items I am selling, in this particular case, eBooks.
I have two engines to handle payments, one runs on top of PayPal, and another one runs using bitcoins (ex.: ecommerce.snowcron.com/order_hypnosis.htm).

Now, as you can see, there are "buy with PayPal" and "Buy cheaper with Bitcoins" links at the bottom of the last page, and there is a rather simple link to why is it cheaper with Bitcoins, and there is a link from that link Smiley to what a Bitcoin is... And yes, the price, if you pay in Bitcoins, is significantly lower.

Which might - at least I hope so - trigger customers' interest to what the heck this Bitcoin is about.

Ethereum Programming Guide
Create Solidity contracts: Step-by Step Hands-on Guides.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:31:27 PM

Which might - at least I hope so - trigger customers' interest to what the heck this Bitcoin is about.

There is a "rule of seven" in marketing that says that consumers need to see a brand's "message" 7 times before they become familiar with it and feel comfortable enough to buy.  Every touch point, including your link as an payment method alternate to PayPal, adds towards improving familiarity.  Providing a discount is a nice incentive to drum up a little additional interest!

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:47:43 PM

I hope more people will do this :3
It's using one of the advantages of Bitcoin.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 09:09:33 PM

so, how many are actually paying with btc?

Fizpok (OP)

Activity: 344

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 09:16:02 PM

So far - VERY few, but it is still better than nothing. Besides, 20% of those visiting the page would follow the link, so it does do something in terms of an education.

Ethereum Programming Guide
Create Solidity contracts: Step-by Step Hands-on Guides.
Ghost42

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:19:17 PM

Keep on working on this Frizpok. The more people who offer BTC as payment the more publicity it will get.
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:19:32 PM

So far - VERY few, but it is still better than nothing. Besides, 20% of those visiting the page would follow the link, so it does do something in terms of an education.

That's to be expected, there aren't that many Bitcoin users yet :/
But I'm quite sure that every one who owns some Btc will prefer using them over other payment methods.
(Unless they want to hoard and don't get that they can easily rebuy every coin they spent and still hoard)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 4667

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:43:15 PM

There is a "rule of seven" in marketing that says that consumers need to see a brand's "message" 7 times before they become familiar with it and feel comfortable enough to buy.  Every touch point, including your link as an payment method alternate to PayPal, adds towards improving familiarity.  Providing a discount is a nice incentive to drum up a little additional interest!

this is true, but having bitcoins flashing in your face 7 times in a 2 minute period EG at the product listing page, as a side advert, at the payment page. does not truely count towards the 7 times.

usually people psychologically log it 3 times.. still pay fiat. but a few days later they return and take more notice of it, and thats the more likely time they would convert. which is still faster then a returning customer making 6 transactions before converting.

so dont expect every customer to take on bitcoin first time. but returning customers will. dont expect a high conversion rate of first time customers. and never expect a 100% conversion no matter how much you plaster bitcoin logo's on your website.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: