Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:19:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Crashing...  (Read 434 times)
DKirk (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:57:18 PM

I recently got a Pi and had no problems getting it set up for running 2pac's with cgminer. While I have been waiting for more hardware to come in (better Hub, more 2pacs) I was not having a problem running a few 2pacs. I now have 5 and after running them at stock freq the damn thing crashes and I have to unplug/plug the power back in to get it up and running once more. Once that happens, I have no problems running cgminer with the 2pacs. Everything seems stable as far as the 2pac's go.

Maybe I missed something, but I was not under the impression you needed an advanced computer to run cgminer with some sticks. Do I need to get my hands on another Pi to run additional 2pac's or is there another way around this problem? Right now I am in the process of troubleshooting as best I can to see if it can stabilize as that might give more info as to what is going on.

Thank you in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:34:26 PM

my answer would be to not buy anymore hardware and sell what you have to some fool that doesnt realize what a waste of time, resources, and money they are.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
DKirk (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:48:01 PM

my answer would be to not buy anymore hardware and sell what you have to some fool that doesnt realize what a waste of time, resources, and money they are.

That's very helpful for all of us who see this more as a hobby than anything.

...dick
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 11:12:45 PM

Still didn't experience to use Raspberry Pi as tools for mining but i try to help you.
Maybe you got a defective Raspberry Pi or your firmware/OS you use is corrupted tried to install a new fresh OS(Raspbian OS) i found tutorial here maybe it can help you out
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233392.0

For more other concern tried to post in cgminer official thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0

Hope this one could help you..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DKirk (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:40:02 PM

Still didn't experience to use Raspberry Pi as tools for mining but i try to help you.
Maybe you got a defective Raspberry Pi or your firmware/OS you use is corrupted tried to install a new fresh OS(Raspbian OS) i found tutorial here maybe it can help you out
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233392.0

For more other concern tried to post in cgminer official thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0

Hope this one could help you..

Thanks. A few of those steps are on my list of things to do should my current troubleshooting not work. I will get it figured out one way or the other.
Coltcaine

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:54:19 PM

I recently got a Pi and had no problems getting it set up for running 2pac's with cgminer. While I have been waiting for more hardware to come in (better Hub, more 2pacs) I was not having a problem running a few 2pacs. I now have 5 and after running them at stock freq the damn thing crashes and I have to unplug/plug the power back in to get it up and running once more. Once that happens, I have no problems running cgminer with the 2pacs. Everything seems stable as far as the 2pac's go.

Maybe I missed something, but I was not under the impression you needed an advanced computer to run cgminer with some sticks. Do I need to get my hands on another Pi to run additional 2pac's or is there another way around this problem? Right now I am in the process of troubleshooting as best I can to see if it can stabilize as that might give more info as to what is going on.

Thank you in advance.

im having a similiar issue using my pi to run my avalon 741's and it reboots on its own about once every 18 hours and i cant figure out why it just reboots and goes back to running but does it all the time let me know if u find any answers
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:40:43 AM

Back to the point of the OP -- you do know there is a 2PAC thread in the Hardware section here right? Ya know, one that covers all the in's and outs of running the sticks?
Brief answer, the PI is fine for running a lot of them. Primary limit is the USB power hub you use to feed them.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
DKirk (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:55:40 PM

Ended up finding the issue was the Pi and not the 2pac sticks. The slub_debug=FP fix outlined in the following thread seems to have done the trick for me and a few others experiencing the same problem-

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.msg5932931#msg5932931

So hopefully if anyone has the same problem and finds this thread it will save you searching through 5 billion posts and the inevitable condescending remarks when you ask for help from those who clearly have nothing else better to do with their life than troll people just trying to learn...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: