Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:15:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin → Paypal - [Buying Bitcoins] - [www.BTC2PayPal.com]  (Read 3551 times)
RedJhon

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:34:00 AM

i will try but i need escrow
Ssoele

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:04:01 PM

I am going to try it out with 1 coin, I will keep you guys posted.

So, I didn't receive any reply within 24 hours. That's some fine business you have there.

Did my words move you? Or did they bring you to enlightenment? Feel free to give some ฿ to me: 1DKMAfeDswYf9MFjWxjPCfjEVkgmXvnizo
Want to play some Minefield?
billyscuz

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:09:50 PM

yeah nice whois

obvious scam

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
BitGo

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

https://bitgo.com

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 06:20:18 PM

This company doesn't appear to be registered with the U.S. Department of Treasury as an MSB (http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html).

Nor does it look like it's registered with the U.S. states as a money transmitter (CA: http://www.dfi.ca.gov/Directory/money_transmitters.html).

Securing the World's Bitcoin https://bitgo.com
billyscuz

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:29:43 PM

This company doesn't appear to be registered with the U.S. Department of Treasury as an MSB (http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html).

Nor does it look like it's registered with the U.S. states as a money transmitter (CA: http://www.dfi.ca.gov/Directory/money_transmitters.html).

Why would it be? owner's first name "An", last name "Onymous" -- looks legit, huh!?

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 06:46:50 PM

Why would it be? owner's first name "An", last name "Onymous" -- looks legit, huh!?

I know, right! Anyway, if he scams us, we can just go to Where Some and beat him up, right?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
hany103

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:23:32 PM

LOL - you announced a new business on the newbie thread?

maybe because its easier to scam here ?
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 11:08:27 AM

LOL - you announced a new business on the newbie thread?

maybe because its easier to scam here ?
Or he has no patience.

pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:55:43 PM

the last thing i would do to sell my bitcoins is to use paypal. too many scammers plus funds are easily reversible.

It depends what you do - for instance, if you ship a piece of cloth or even a paper wallet in the mail and provide a tracking number, it's much harder to charge-back, and they can't just claim that they were hacked if you have a name + shipping address.

Totally right...

Unless they pull a CC chargeback, or return the empty paper wallet (with a tracking #) or a whole bunch of other unscrupulous things that paypal doesn't much care about.

It's incredibly dumb for a legitimate business to leave themselves open to that much risk, but why would an anonymous scammer care?

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 03:40:27 PM

the last thing i would do to sell my bitcoins is to use paypal. too many scammers plus funds are easily reversible.

It depends what you do - for instance, if you ship a piece of cloth or even a paper wallet in the mail and provide a tracking number, it's much harder to charge-back, and they can't just claim that they were hacked if you have a name + shipping address.

Totally right...

Unless they pull a CC chargeback, or return the empty paper wallet (with a tracking #) or a whole bunch of other unscrupulous things that paypal doesn't much care about.

It's incredibly dumb for a legitimate business to leave themselves open to that much risk, but why would an anonymous scammer care?
He probably won't. But returning the wallet with emptied funds isn't OK either.

Bitcoin2PayPal (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 05:18:36 PM

I am going to try it out with 1 coin, I will keep you guys posted.

So, I didn't receive any reply within 24 hours. That's some fine business you have there.

We apologize for the delay Ssoele - We had a few issues which mean't we were offline for a little while longer than expected.
We have responded to your enquiry now.

Is buying through paypal safe? I've always debated trying it but been scared to..

We believe it is safe if you trust the person you are buying/selling from/to.

We have read the other comments and although mainly negative we look forward to hopefully changing how the company is perceived.
We look forward to doing business with everyone who wishes to and can only hope, you will post back with positive reviews to show the majority our legitimacy.

Kind Regards,
btc2paypal
RomZ

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:15:00 PM

This would definitely be a convenient way of selling bitcoin if it is a legit setup that lasts over time...
BitPlus

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:22:34 PM

i will avoid this site
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 07:28:25 PM

i will avoid this site
Until it's new and with no feedback, it's probably a good idea unless you are a daredevil.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 07:49:27 PM

i will avoid this site
Until it's new and with no feedback, it's probably a good idea unless you are a daredevil.

Especially when the minimum sell amount is 1 BTC >_<

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 07:50:00 PM

i will avoid this site

Especially when the minimum sell amount is 1 BTC >_<
Yeahh... I noticed...

anarchyx

Activity: 480
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:50:31 PM

The situation is like this: they hired our parents to destroy this world, and now they'd like to put us to work rebuilding it, and -- to add insult to injury -- at a profit.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 07:51:07 PM

The situation is like this: they hired our parents to destroy this world, and now they'd like to put us to work rebuilding it, and -- to add insult to injury -- at a profit.

Erm, I have no words for this...wat?

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 08:00:33 PM

User reported as possilbe bot.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Bitcoin2PayPal (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 07:22:24 PM

After reading through the feedback we have decided we will considering dropping the minimum amount you can sell us,
(How much would you like it to be?)

We have also decided we are staying in phase one, purely buying coins until either PayPal support Bitcoin in the future (fingers crossed) or we find another service like PayPal, where we can mold a similar service.

We would also like to apologize for giving a less than speedy response to a few recent enquiries.
Due to other commitments, the team haven't been able to commit as much as we would like to but we shall respond as soon as possible.

Also, Pleasure doing business with everyone who has so far, we've even had our first return customer! (yey Smiley) Thank you!

Kind Regards,
btc2pp

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: