Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:31:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Preparing new BTC attack?  (Read 435 times)
slavosme (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:18:25 PM

Please, could somebody explain what the hell is going on?

screen shot taken just now at 20:15 UTC
https://abload.de/img/bittrex2xs86.png

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BCC
Phalo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:49:36 PM

Its trading of coins, what for you think it is?
ninche

Activity: 610
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:51:07 PM

what is the problem?
no attack at all
g4vinshreds

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

Trader

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:56:32 PM

There's no attack that I know of,  bitcoin is just slow at the moment.  A lot of people are sending it,  and possibly less people are mining it as well,  considering this,  bitcoin has slowed down confirmations and such.  Like stated,  I doubt anyone is actually *attacking* bitcoin by sending payments.

Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:00:29 PM

You will see a lot of change afterwards.
Just be patient. It is not an attack.
The guy above me is correct. Thanks to BCH they changed what they are mining.
But now look at this price. I am sure they will be back and the transaction traffic will also be resolved. That is all I am hoping now, to avoid FUD again. I know they are creating it from this reasons.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:02:31 PM

There's no attack that I know of,  bitcoin is just slow at the moment.  A lot of people are sending it,  and possibly less people are mining it as well,  considering this,  bitcoin has slowed down confirmations and such.  Like stated,  I doubt anyone is actually *attacking* bitcoin by sending payments.

I don't think the op was referring to that. He was probably talking about that wall on BCH, but looks perfectly normal. I actually expect that BCH will fall to those prices in a few months, because it's still overpriced in my opinion, so it will go back to the $700 range. As for the spam attack I'm not sure if it was real or not. Probably the slowness in the network was just due to the migration of some miners to the bcash network, because of the pump in it's price. Of course that things are going back to normal now, since miners are returning to bitcoin, because its more profitable to mine BTC again.
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:07:32 PM

I heard that they may attacl btc again when the adjustment in difficulty will happen. It may hurt bitcoin in short time but in long run it is not that big of a deal.

slavosme (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:23:05 PM

I don't think the op was referring to that. He was probably talking about that wall on BCH, but looks perfectly normal. I actually expect that BCH will fall to those prices in a few months, because it's still overpriced in my opinion, so it will go back to the $700 range. As for the spam attack I'm not sure if it was real or not. Probably the slowness in the network was just due to the migration of some miners to the bcash network, because of the pump in it's price. Of course that things are going back to normal now, since miners are returning to bitcoin, because its more profitable to mine BTC again.

Yes, you are right, talking about that wall. Ayway it disappeared. It is all day today I noted . Somebody is playing
Misuzu

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:30:20 PM

Do you guys think bitcoin price will go down again like few days ago, since now it is drastically going up?
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:59:50 PM

I heard that they may attacl btc again when the adjustment in difficulty will happen. It may hurt bitcoin in short time but in long run it is not that big of a deal.
According to fork.lol the difficulty adjustment system of BCH has already changed from the EDA to continously adjusting based on the average, so it could be good for BCH, but I don't know if the price would still fall this change in the adjustment process can make any difference or not. This is not an explicit attack, I will be curious what will be the outcome of this change in connection with the profitability of the mining on different chains.
sandwichman1

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:05:54 PM

it looks like he's off again tonight
Adrazan

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:07:36 PM

Bitcoin is too valuable to come down that low
woas4

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:09:42 PM

I think Bitcoin is going to hit new All time highs today before going down for a correction again. I'm thinking 8.1 or 8.2k until it retraces back to 7.5k to consolidate until the end of the month - and then moon on december!

uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:17:54 PM

What the hell.. Of course not, it just the trading market, why do you think that there is going to be a new attack? bitcoin is only collapsed, and we all are aware of that.
I dont know the real reason of why bitcoin has been so slowly on the last few days, but it is very annoying to see that the fees are over $7 for each transaction, it is impossible to afford those costs if you only have to send $10, or $15. But no, there is not going to be a new attack from those guys again, at least, not for now, because all the things are quiet now.

DassKass

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:41:00 PM

I love the concept of Bitcoin. I believe the Internet will redefine currency as we know it. Nevertheless, I see at least 4 major ways (technical, legal, competition, community) the Bitcoin network could either be hacked by stealing BTCs, or shocked to death triggering panic and drops in BTC value. I hope this helps the Bitcoin community to develop a currency that's really resilient to attacks.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2394
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:53:44 PM

Please, could somebody explain what the hell is going on?

screen shot taken just now at 20:15 UTC
https://abload.de/img/bittrex2xs86.png

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BCC

your panicking mate just relax don't get paranoid there nothing attack for bitcoin bittrex is exchange online wallet use for trading and marketcap monitoring its normal, because of btc bcc competition but bitcoin as early today increasing the price value so nothing to worry about bitcoin it still in the strong standing as currency.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: