Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:38:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solution to new coin flood  (Read 823 times)
xan_The_Dragon (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:09:16 PM

Ok so every1 is complaining about new coins, put your hasher where your mouth is, simply set up a pool, have miners point to it, and by some sort of vote, decide which of the crapcoins to 51% attack, it would kill them before they start and crapcoin makers wouldnt release them if they know they wll be 51% attacked

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
daggerismo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:22:52 PM

ohh you are such a genius.... you forgot to put the big red text.

seriously you think that? than a 51% attack will kill every altcoin out there? i think the better way to kill an altcoin is just a little bit simple, just DONT MINE a coin that you think is a crapcoin, let the people take own dessicion and let them choose what coin they will support

PeeJWeeJ

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:33:20 PM

What would really help is to get cryptsy to stop supporting trade for crap pointless coins that have zero unique aspects.
noel

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 10:38:54 PM

Ok so every1 is complaining about new coins, put your hasher where your mouth is, simply set up a pool, have miners point to it, and by some sort of vote, decide which of the crapcoins to 51% attack, it would kill them before they start and crapcoin makers wouldnt release them if they know they wll be 51% attacked
dumb ass that is the most stupid idea i have ever heard!! so all i have to do with your fucked up SCAMMING method is mine the crap out of a coin and con everyone else to trash its competition. I can see you either did not think it through or you are trying to SCAM people buy killing of all the coins that you have not mined......

My Bitcoin Address is 1A2WeFuxL2WuyoqNAYqKx4P2a5YieYaunp

Donate Please.
kmarinas86

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 10:40:10 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 10:50:47 PM by kmarinas86

An alt-coin whose value is really alt-coins / block wouldn't have this problem.

Call it:
Alt-
Coin
Per
Block

Value of ACPBs
1) ACPBs are mined using an inverse proof-of-stake protocol.
2) The value of ACPB is a recurrent transfer of crypto-currencies.
3) A buyer obtains an ACPB by paying a crypto-currency in regular installments in the exchange.
4) The ACPB that is obtained from the exchange after these installments have completed can produce income to whomever obtains it.
5) Whomever obtains the ACPB can put the currency back into the exchange to earn a steady flow of crypto-currencies, proportional to the cypro-currencies going into the exchange and the percent stake of ACPB in the exchange.
6) Once is the ACPB is withdrawn, the exchange can reissue it.
7) Since ACPB represents income and not savings, it secures purchasing power. Every transaction would increase or decrease income, as opposed to increase or decrease savings.
8) Basically, to obtain an ACPB, one pays dividends to an exchange in the form of crypto-currencies, and by depositing an ACPB in a exchange, one can accrue dividends in the form of cyrpto-currencies. The fewer ACPB you have, the more likely you are to win ACPBs.

ACPB would operate at a higher level then all other Alt-Coins, as it would be the first Alt-Coin whose value is Alt-Coins per Block. Also, by having ACPB, you can practically own samples of all alt-coins+BitCoin flowing through the exchange simultaneously. The largest market cap Alt-Coins+BitCoins will take the majority of the value of Alt-Coin flux that determines the value of an ACPB. Unlike a basket of Alt-Coins, the portion of different Alt-Coins in ACPB is very flexible and can totally be changed in a matter of a few blocks, in the case that a major Alt-Coin is attacked. Therefore ACPB has the advantage of being valued by the best Alt-Currencies regardless of whatever Alt-Coin is taken down.
coinerd

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 11:35:37 PM

Wow.

Why don't you put your hasher where your mouth is, get in a pool and secure the network for a cryptocoin that you believe is properly managed and will be developed?

But here you are with the 51% attack bogeyman, so I wonder, what the hell do you mean by that?

Do you believe that the coin will simply vanish when your pool achieves 51%?

Tell the devs, miners and traders here more about your plan to become (wealthy? famous? popular?) by screwing us...

Kiss
dubs

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 11:36:56 PM

YOLO
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 11:40:49 PM

YOLO
SWAG

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
xan_The_Dragon (OP)

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:03:26 AM

ohh you are such a genius.... you forgot to put the big red text.

seriously you think that? than a 51% attack will kill every altcoin out there? i think the better way to kill an altcoin is just a little bit simple, just DONT MINE a coin that you think is a crapcoin, let the people take own dessicion and let them choose what coin they will support

NOT every coin, the miners would vote on the worst one/two and 51% attack them

xan_The_Dragon (OP)

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:07:01 AM

btw disclaimer, i have less than .5 btc in cryptos, and about 27 mh/s sha256 +2mh/s scrypt

Im simply pointing out, with every1 complaining about coins, noone will do anythng about it. This is how they would go about it, yet they havent

sterob

Activity: 175

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:35:24 AM

Dear genius TS. Do you know that if it wasnt for alt-coin, all the hasher will point back at LTC, making the diff sky rocketed while it still worth $2/ltc right?

LTC was first introduced to fight the hashing power of ASIC aka the surplus of hash, alt-coin to ltc is like ltc to btc. The later save the former from oblivion. If there is no alt-coin, LTC will be  like FTC month ago, high diff with no profit, people will leave it and go back to BTC.

r3wt

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:43:59 AM

Dear genius TS. Do you know that if it wasnt for alt-coin, all the hasher will point back at LTC, making the diff sky rocketed while it still worth $2/ltc right?

LTC was first introduced to fight the hashing power of ASIC aka the surplus of hash, alt-coin to ltc is like ltc to btc. The later save the former from oblivion. If there is no alt-coin, LTC will be  like FTC month ago, high diff with no profit, people will leave it and go back to BTC.

yep. alt coins are a necessary evil in the crypto world. they spread the excess of hashpower out to keep bitcoin and ltc profitable

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 01:05:14 AM

you sir are an idiot and do not understand what a 51% attack is supposed to do.  51% attacking a coin that is not even exchanged doesn't matter for squat and the market value for these coins is paltry.  All you will do is slow transactions down for people and all the while your band of misfits has redirected hashing power that could have been spent mining more reputable currencies.

You won't stop the flood of new cryptocurrencies.  Best thing to do is ignore then and they will go away. 
r3wt

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:47:07 AM

kinda funny how you complain about alts yet you collected the bounty for making the first NuCoin faucet.

vonross2012

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:08:48 AM

PLEASE take a lesson from a marketing disaster for the coffee industry.

The coffee companies were trashing each other products.

What happened.

People drank LESS coffee.

The market share for the whole industry went down.
GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:16:42 AM

alt coins are a necessary evil in the crypto world. they spread the excess of hashpower out to keep bitcoin and ltc profitable

^
TECHICENINE

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 06:26:06 AM

51% attack pool dot com keep us posted i'll sign up for that..lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: