Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:36:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you like lotteries?  (Read 701 times)
coinerd (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:48:41 AM

So, I've been working with MobGod to get some lotteries up.

It's only a couple of new coins at the moment and there's room to add more. There are a lot of crypto-lotteries around doing different things and I'd like to find out what people actually like.

At this time we've got them set up to draw every 6 hours - but it's too fast, I think.  There needs to be more time for a pool to build. But how long should that be?  I want your input.  Three days?  Weekly?  24 Hours?

Ticket prices - eventually, for coins with large, interested player-base I would consider adding multiple drawings (different ticket prices) per coin. However for now I have each coin set to one per ticket, and you can buy as many tickets as you like.

Raising the ticket price would make the numbers seem more "balanced" when someone plays a large amount, however the person who bought one ticket could still win even if someone else buys 1000. I think this gives the most flexibility - any reason to prefer a higher initial ticket price? 

Of course with room to add a few more coins here, I definitely want to know which coins have a significant number of users who like to play lotteries. Speak up if you would like us to add a coin, please.

Right now the fee is set to 10% plus the minimum fee amount for a single transaction. This seems market-appropriate.  It does in fact cost money to do this so there's no need to go on about how everything should be free. But if moving it to 6-8% would massively increase interest we may consider it. 

I think it would help not to have to show ads on the lotto site. Would you rather have ads in order to get another 2-4% in the jackpot?

Last, the site design.  I'm a programmer not a designer.  I'm still going to turn a couple of those buttons into images I think and that will help with the layout in certain browsers.  I've had strongly mixed reactions ("from OMG that's awesome!" to "it's fucking ugly") on the current background/layout. Your thoughts and constructive criticism are welcome, and trolls will be trolls so let's hear it about that too. Would a solid or more subdued background make the site more comfortable for you?

I think that good answers to these issues will not only help us to move forward but, being public, help other lottery owners to better target their games as well. So if you have some thoughts and would like to see the available lotteries improve, please share them Smiley

http://lotto.coinworld.us/
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:33:18 AM

* crickets*
daggerismo

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:35:16 AM

+1

good idea

fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:40:37 AM

I have re-done you some css www.cryptosextoys.com/csses.zip they will hopefully be slightly more enticing.  They are extremely basic tho.

I would suggest you take on feathercoin and go announce in their forums, they are active and want new sites to take them, you will have a very warm reception and maybe some design help. Do the same with DGC and WDC and their forums.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:50:58 AM

I have re-done you some css www.cryptosextoys.com/csses.zip they will hopefully be slightly more enticing.  They are extremely basic tho.

I would suggest you take on feathercoin and go announce in their forums, they are active and want new sites to take them, you will have a very warm reception and maybe some design help. Do the same with DGC and WDC and their forums.

I find this hilarious, and entirely acceptable.  The site is running your CSS for now but I'll probably go straighten out the blocks on the howto page since there's no clouds.

Part of the reason I find it hilarious is that it's much more like my usual CSS.  Plain as hell with high-contrast blocks.

http://lotto.coinworld.us/FLO/bc/    <- like that

thanks  Grin
fendlestick

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:53:20 AM

Thanks! Glad I could help out.

coinerd (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:16:13 AM

A little bump for the night shift.

Also we have moved the format to weekly drawings and added FTC.

Any more feedback or lotto players around here?
John Eden

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Have you mined Bottlecaps today?

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:58:46 PM

Really glad you added Bottlecaps!!

Check out Bottlecaps: https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/242-bottlecaps-cap/  | Check us out on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bottlecaps/629515757059363 | CAP Foundation donations: F2YX4Aiyk9p2WqXHrrGGgVuskTxCGYpaG9
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:38:08 PM

Really glad you added Bottlecaps!!

Lots of love for bottlecaps it seems Smiley

It was great entertainment to just watch DigitalIndustry FLIP HIS LID and run around crazy!

On topic, We're definitely still open to feedback on any of the items listed in this OP.
fendlestick

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:47:53 AM

Nice to see Megacoin, their logo is really done well and it properly mega.  Thanks for supporting them.

coinerd (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:10:37 PM

Just want to share this post from another thread, and give a chance for anyone who missed this thread before to add any feedback that they have:

No the drawing is Sunday people will get in by than

Let's hope so. I like the idea, and I'm sure you can do a lot more with it.
Just thinking there should be some sort of initial jackpot. The jackpot for the next round can be something like 5% deducted from the previous pot. Might encourage people to buy in, instead of having a pot of "0".

I see that deposits are closed. hopefully it's running soon, so I can try it out.

There seem to be a lot of different feelings on "how a lotto should run". Having decided to go with 5 prize winners instead of the single "jackpot" that most crypt lotteries seem to present limits our distribution of the funds.

We've created a one-week drawing structure with several prize positions which means this lotto is going to run at a slower pace, and pay prizes to more people than most of the existing lotteries.

Those coins who have a community where "no one will go first" are going to be replaced after 1-3 weeks of resource use.  REC is already gone. And when a few people are interested and the jackpots start to look like this: http://lotto.coinworld.us/BOT/ things start to get interesting.

I've attempted to reach out to the community about this and other issues and received very little response.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241609.msg2561910#msg2561910

I don't like the zeros either, but a lottery is funded by the entrants. And I think that just as much as you don't want to "Be the first" into a new pot, there are a lot of other people that would refuse at all if their purchase of a ticket was used to fund another pot.

We will continue, and if people communicate, we will find an attractive formula. It's unlikely that we will implement a partial rollover but I will bump my other thread with this as well. If there are a large number of people who indicate that they actual play lotteries and are interested in this we will consider implementing it.

Thanks, for the feedback. I've been told that DGC has an active community of users and also gamblers. We have successfully run a couple of jackpots and hope to gain trust and enthusiasm.

This drawing has started a little late in the week.  However if there are lottery players in the digitalcoin community, there are three more days to grow a jackpot before the drawing. We hope to see you there.

We are currently supporting the following coins:

Digital Coin - DGC
Florin Coin - FLO
Bottle Caps - BOT
Feather Coin - FTC
Mega Coin - MEC
Emeralds - EMD
Trade Coin - TDC
Alpha Coin - ALF

Drawing time has been moved ahead (8 hours added) so that the drawings will now occur in PST when the lotto owners are awake to address any issues.

There are just over three days left before the next drawing Any coin with a supportive community still has time to grow a pretty hefty jackpot. Come Play!
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:39:55 PM

Change lotto to 12 HR for popular coins, 24 HR for less popular. Change layout. Add a FAQ link. Add Contact us link. Add some transparency. Get some hype. 
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:06:47 PM

Change lotto to 12 HR for popular coins, 24 HR for less popular.

This is fail. Tried it.  It only works when 1 or more people are constantly, actively promoting the lotto in multiple channels.

To give you an idea, on a 1000 coin jackpot, I'm going to pocket something like 48 coins. How many hours will you work for 48 ALF? If it's more than 30 seconds, I might hire you as a promoter.

Change layout. Add a FAQ link.

The site is currently in it's third layout, and will change again today. If people start asking questions, I will add FAQ.

Add Contact us link.

Will be done today.

Add some transparency.

The jackpot and prize breakdown are in huge letters on every lotto page. 

The link at the top of the home page takes you to a (ugly) page that describes how the process works, and how the drawings are performed.

As announced here and elsewhere, current fees are 10% plus .01 coin. Each owner collects 4.9% at drawing time, the rest stays in the wallet because when a big drawing comes, there will be big fees.

Are there other concerns, regarding transparency?

Get some hype. 

Here we are Smiley

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. All is welcome.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:18:09 PM

The transparency request was more so a reiteration to the FAQ and Contact Us area. Maybe darken the bgcolor so it's not so harsh on the eyes. As far as hype, how about starting a 'Get a free ticket entry for using this promo banner in your sig for X amount of days. Or receive XXX of coin XXX when using this banner in your sig for XX days. Seems to be working for a lot of gambling sites. I like the lotto all in one place thing. Needs a header, and footer. Also, donation links for those willing to help fund the projects. Maybe throw in some strippers to the winning tickets randomly. Never hurts Wink
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:19:13 PM

The transparency request was more so a reiteration to the FAQ and Contact Us area. Maybe darken the bgcolor so it's not so harsh on the eyes. As far as hype, how about starting a 'Get a free ticket entry for using this promo banner in your sig for X amount of days. Or receive XXX of coin XXX when using this banner in your sig for XX days. Seems to be working for a lot of gambling sites. I like the lotto all in one place thing. Needs a header, and footer. Also, donation links for those willing to help fund the projects. Maybe throw in some strippers to the winning tickets randomly. Never hurts Wink

NOW HIRING ALTCOIN STRIPPERS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: