Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:01:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best instance type and cryptocurrency for mining on AWS.  (Read 415 times)
kluvapi (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:44:26 AM

I understand that AWS mining is not profitable in general. However, I have access to some Amazon promotion coupons.
Can anybody advice spot instance type on AWS that is the most profitable for mining (or has a least loss rate)? I would like to make maximum profit from my credits.
What cryptocurrency would be the best choice?
Thanks.
igorstep

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:33:08 AM

i wouldn't recommend mining on Amazon AWS. Especially with coupons. They may cancel your coupon and bill you.
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:45:51 AM

In Generall mining with AWS is nice when a new Coin Emerges since you can spin up quite fast your Miner, but for Log Term Mining it is way to expensive.
CPU Coin are best sicne the CPU INstnaces are quite cheap.
kluvapi (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:39:55 AM

i wouldn't recommend mining on Amazon AWS. Especially with coupons. They may cancel your coupon and bill you.
Thanks for reply.
What are the techniques to identify mining on dedicated instance? Do they check a network activity or have access to the storage?
Rodrigo Santos

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:05:05 AM

They can correlate the traffic, network activity, destination IP's, and CPU usage, among other things.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: