Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:45:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do I Get USD Out of MtGox?  (Read 1377 times)
mel2000 (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:04:55 AM

If I have bitcoins in MtGox how can I sell them for USD? Any other alternatives for cashing out my MtGox bitcoins? Thanks.
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:09:17 AM

You can't. Ebay or btc-e. Or sell them to me for a good price  Grin
dan2097

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:08:09 AM

Not sure how likely it is to work but thinking of it it does not sound totally far-fetched... How about selling them for an alternate currency - like EUR, after checking with your bank that they would be able to convert the funds for you ? I would expect that they would be happy to charge a fee and do it for you.
arahb

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:20:51 AM

Largest Bitcoin Exchange Halts U.S. Dollar Withdrawals

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323393804578559364260264812.html
CoinEntropy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Metacoin Enthusiast

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:25:29 AM

If I have bitcoins in MtGox how can I sell them for USD? Any other alternatives for cashing out my MtGox bitcoins? Thanks.

Wow, I can't believe no one has told you how to do this yet.

Go to BTC-E.com. Withdraw your BTC from MtGox and deposit them into your BTC-E account. Click the "BTC/USD" tab, and sell X amount of BTC for X amount of USD. When the order is fulfilled, click "Finances" tab, and select PerfectMoney or OKPay withdaw for USD. It should take 1 to 3 days to withdraw.

You're welcome.

Hey.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:31:06 AM

Wow, I can't believe no one has told you how to do this yet.

Go to BTC-E.com. Withdraw your BTC from MtGox and deposit them into your BTC-E account. Click the "BTC/USD" tab, and sell X amount of BTC for X amount of USD. When the order is fulfilled, click "Finances" tab, and select PerfectMoney or OKPay withdaw for USD. It should take 1 to 3 days to withdraw.

You're welcome.

Use xzzx.biz, we buy/sell on mtgox rates.
You can exchange your bitcoin to bankwire,perfectmoney,webmoney and some more options.
squirrtle

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:32:49 AM

Oh wow, I wonder if this will make most US residents not want to purchase?
mel2000 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:11:10 PM

Thanks for all replies. I have a BTC-e account but haven't looked into making bitcoin to USD withdrawals, so I'll look into that.

xzzx.biz looks convenient but it charges an 8% fee, and it doesn't appear to have a long track record. I'll do more research on it.
joshraban76

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:17:48 PM

getting USD out of mt gox? good luck......  Wink

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:27:23 PM

Thanks for all replies. I have a BTC-e account but haven't looked into making bitcoin to USD withdrawals, so I'll look into that.

xzzx.biz looks convenient but it charges an 8% fee, and it doesn't appear to have a long track record. I'll do more research on it.

8% fees is there because it works on mtgox rates, there's a big difference in btc-e and mtgox rates.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:38:46 PM

Your best bet is to go to #bitcoin-otc on IRC and offer to trade the USD as a MtGox code to somebody with USD.

The other thing you could do is use the USD to buy BTC on MtGox, send the BTC to CampBX, trade the BTC for USD, then withdraw the USD (I usually send it to Dwolla and then to my bank).

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
mel2000 (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:31:45 PM

Quote from: Peter Lambert
The other thing you could do is use the USD to buy BTC on MtGox, send the BTC to CampBX, trade the BTC for USD, then withdraw the USD (I usually send it to Dwolla and then to my bank).
My only reservation with CampBX (and BTC-e) is that sometimes it sells BTC for a few dollars less than MtGox.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:41:27 PM

Quote from: Peter Lambert
My only reservation with CampBX (and BTC-e) is that sometimes it sells BTC for a few dollars less than MtGox.

And sometimes CampBX sells BTC for a few dollars more than MtGox. MtGox sometimes sells BTC for a few dollars less than MtGox (depending on how you measure it). What is your point?

accelerator

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:16:30 PM

Like others said,  you can't get dollars for the moment.  Send your bitcoins to another exchange like campbx, or sell them privately face to face.
gollygosh

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:28:15 AM

If your desperate send then over to BTCE and then cash out using their paypal option. I have done it and it does work - fees are high but I can confirm it does work.

mel2000 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:40:49 PM

And sometimes CampBX sells BTC for a few dollars more than MtGox. MtGox sometimes sells BTC for a few dollars less than MtGox (depending on how you measure it). What is your point?
My goal is too sell my bitcoins at the exchange with the highest sell price.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:10:24 PM

My goal is too sell my bitcoins at the exchange with the highest sell price.

Well, then you are going to be moving your coins around from exchange to exchange a lot, since they all move up and down and a different one will be highest on any given day.

hany103

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:19:29 PM

Can't help you my friend, you have to transfer bitcoins to Bitstamp then sell it, but sell price there is lower.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 11:10:41 AM

Can't help you my friend, you have to transfer bitcoins to Bitstamp then sell it, but sell price there is lower.
There are always many exchanges and their prices vary by the time. So you simply have to be constantly on the look out for the best price.

mel2000 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:33:37 PM

My point is that I don't want to lose $19 per BTC by moving from MtGox to someplace like BTC-e. My bitcoins are already in Coinbase but even they have a $14 differential with MtGox.

BTW, I bought my bitcoins at MtGox then sent them to Coinbase, which instantly made me lose $10+ per BTC when they switched to a new broker. I must wonder why MtGox just doesn't switch to a new USD exchanger that complies with US rules.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: