Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:09:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Radical Feminism (continued from Capitalism)  (Read 5858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ktttn (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 04:45:43 AM

The following is my theory of gender:
One's gender is neither static nor binary, but a shifting polygon in a matrix, identified by thousands of global subcultures, ie, butch, genderqueer, genderfluid, ciswoman, transwoman, ect.

Matrix- XYZ+ Time
X- Active - Passive
Y- Gendered - Neuter
Z- Androgyne - Hermaphrodite

X is a measure of dominance, a patriarchically male trait.
Y is a measure of visibility of cues.
Z measures the mixture of those cues.

I'm personally influenced by Judith Butler and the SCUM Manifesto and disgusted by the "Men's rights", (or whatever you call it) meme going around these days.

In this thread, I hope to open up a dialogue in the presumably cismale-populated Bitcoin community about issues of rape, sexism, and patriarchy in an anarchist world.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 11:43:13 AM

Are you male or female? your facebook is male
my facebook is a facebook.
I am a facebook.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 11:44:02 AM

A self moderated topic in politics and society. This thread is going places.
1/10 made me respond.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 04:52:08 PM

In this thread, I hope to open up a dialogue in the presumably cismale-populated Bitcoin community about issues of rape, sexism, and patriarchy in an anarchist world.

These are cultural issues, not political or economic ones. So there is no answer to the question of whether these crimes would be more or less prevalent in anarchy society v.s. statist society, dictatorship society v.s. democratic society, communist society v.s. capitalist society, etc.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:14:38 PM

This.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 08:28:52 PM

This.

Lol! I find this highly ironic. The forum is filled with Libertarians and Anarchists who want the whole world to be "self-moderated", yet the thought of a self-moderated Interwebs thread scares them. So they trust 'authority' more than they trust their peers, as long as the authority hasn't taxed/done anything bad to them yet? Out with the old, and in with the new!

TECSHARE used the wrong term. This topic isn't "self moderated," it's "OP moderated." Self moderated would be posters moderating, editing, and deleting their own posts. The "Libertarian and Anarchist" thing to do. OP moderated is that other thing.
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:04:05 AM

These are cultural issues, not political or economic ones. So there is no answer to the question of whether these crimes would be more or less prevalent in anarchy society v.s. statist society, dictatorship society v.s. democratic society, communist society v.s. capitalist society, etc.
Saying "crime" within anarchist frameworks is a terrible habit.
The personal is the political. Seperation of these issues is deadly.
We are talking about an anarchist world here, and the differences in theory between our world- containing more rape, sexism, and patriarchy than one can even measure- and the worlds radical anarchafeminists and the like put forth.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:08:46 AM

Meh. To me it seems 'gender' is genetic programming, literally. People can fight it, deify or idolize it, rely on it, belittle it, ignore it, accept it, and maybe even transcend it.
BF Skinner's behaviorism can be helpful here.
Sex is biological- for the most part, which is mainly determined by genetics.
How we rely, ignore, et al. treat it, is what properly determines our gender.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:13:33 AM

This.
Is this meant to imply that I should unmod myself?
Would that get y'all in the conversation?
No?
Ok. Have a nice day, and remember, if you're afraid you're gonna rape someone- blow your rape whistle.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:19:20 AM

Matrilinial culture is a culture that does not rely on state issued receipts called birth certificates that determine one's surname.
We can see the nuclear family disintigrating, and we cheer.
Voluntary communities where Fathers do not own their children are in the near future.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:30:07 AM

This.

Lol! I find this highly ironic. The forum is filled with Libertarians and Anarchists who want the whole world to be "self-moderated", yet the thought of a self-moderated Interwebs thread scares them. So they trust 'authority' more than they trust their peers, as long as the authority hasn't taxed/done anything bad to them yet? Out with the old, and in with the new!

TECSHARE used the wrong term. This topic isn't "self moderated," it's "OP moderated." Self moderated would be posters moderating, editing, and deleting their own posts. The "Libertarian and Anarchist" thing to do. OP moderated is that other thing.
Or it could be that due to the sensitivity of the subject matter, I feel it's prudent to shield the thread from the prevalent rape culture.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:32:44 AM

This.

How do you feel about agency and the relcaiming of queer?

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:33:45 AM

If enough people in a community consider it a crime, it's a crime, regardless of whether there are governments or laws involved. Whether "crime" is the right word to use at that point is just a question of semantics. I don't like to use "immoral," because not everything considered "immoral" is unethical, and just saying "unethical" just doesn't have the same intensity of meaning. If you would prefer some other term for an act that a society, with or without government, considers extremely wrong and requiring restitution, let me know.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:36:04 AM

Matrilinial culture is a culture that does not rely on state issued receipts called birth certificates that determine one's surname.

Huh? I thought in this country parents decided on a child's name and surname, and the state only recorded the parents' decision?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:40:30 AM

Or it could be that due to the sensitivity of the subject matter, I feel it's prudent to shield the thread from the prevalent rape culture.

Conversely, I would rather find out if someone is has a prevalent rape culture, and have people's thoughts on it be in public, just in case there are some creeps I'd rather not associate with.
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:50:19 AM

If enough people in a community consider it a crime, it's a crime, regardless of whether there are governments or laws involved. Whether "crime" is the right word to use at that point is just a question of semantics. I don't like to use "immoral," because not everything considered "immoral" is unethical, and just saying "unethical" just doesn't have the same intensity of meaning. If you would prefer some other term for an act that a society, with or without government, considers extremely wrong and requiring restitution, let me know.
Deviation is what you mean.
Restorative justice should be presumed, imo.

Ethics carries more weight to me. Semantics can be revealing if treated properly.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:53:18 AM

Huh? I thought in this country parents decided on a child's name and surname, and the state only recorded the parents' decision?

That's not untrue at all.
I'm refering to expansive patriarchical norms.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:55:37 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2013, 04:15:53 AM by ktttn

Conversely, I would rather find out if someone is has a prevalent rape culture, and have people's thoughts on it be in public, just in case there are some creeps I'd rather not associate with.

I don't intend on deleting such a post without record and critique of why.

Edit: An example of the sort of garbage I'd delete:
I'm irreducibly cismen. I've always said if you're not sure of your gender, take a look. Beyond what you find, you're not going to fool anyone, and what good iwould it be to try? Better to live to the full potential of the role  you're best equipped for.
This point of view assumes everything and discovers nothing, painting black and white subjects that extend well beyond the visible electromagnetic spectrum.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 04:09:17 AM

There is nothing at all wrong with you or any individual being an exception to the rule. I would argue that a tendency to not be evil makes one less of a cisman- which is a good thing imo.

Words have meanings.  If 'cisman' is not the word you actually mean when you use it, it would save a lot of confusion and talking past each other if you would define your word.  Otherwise, your post states to people using accepted definitions that you think the world would be a better place with only females and transgendered people.

Those words as they apply to people don't have static meanings.
I think the world would be a better place with only <non-cismen>.
This is my opinion.
"Transgendered" has a lot of political baggage. To effectively be transgendered, one identifies with a former state being formerly valid. A degree of genderfluidity is implied.
At the same time, somebody one might attempt to call transmen often reject the notion of being anything other than a human.
Even further, some folks reject the notion of identification with human species.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
ktttn (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 08:48:25 AM

The job market is just more women friendly, it's easy for a female to find a job.

Let's talk about sex work, shall we?

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: