Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:55:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious issue with QT wallet  (Read 252 times)
webwakko (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 08:59:11 AM

Hi all,

I've been struggling with this problem for a few weeks now.
I have a DeepOnion QT wallet which worked fine untill somewhere mid october.
I was able to receive & send onions without any problem.
When I tried to send out some onions to a friend, I saw an "transaction failed" error for the first time.
I started to look why this happened.. And already got a lot of suggestions from other DO members.

- I can receive onions without any problem
- I cannot send out onions, no mather which amount or whatever address I try, not my own, not another address
- running checkwallet & repairwallet returns positive : so wallet should be fine
- dumping private key is not possible for my original address, but when I create a new address, this works

So, this is the stage i'm at right now :

1. Made backup from wallet trough wallet app (I have a backup from 06/11 & 16/11)
2. made a manual backup from wallet.dat file in %appdata%
3. removed all files in %appdata%
4. removed wallet directory
5. downloaded new version from website
6. re-installed wallet
7. launched wallet & closed it again
8. removed all files from %appdata%
9. re-opened wallet & overwritten wallet.dat file with backup
10. waited untill block syncing was done
11. unlocked my wallet, unchecked the "for staking only box" & tried to make a dumpprivkey DfbVmexCDLhbsSEGEjSXPAQXGhE7ECKghb = same error all over
12. tried (when searching arround) locking my wallet again & use the option walletpassphrase "passkey" 300 and again dumpprivkey = same error

Moving this wallet to another computer won't help because i'm pretty convinced that the problem lies within the wallet.dat file... and is certainly not an issue on my computer itself.
I have several other QT wallet for other coins, which work fine without issues.

So, really really looking for someone who encountered the same issue and got a fix for it.

Thanks in advance.

note: the one that solves my problem will receive onions for helping me out on this one !

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:44:24 AM

Hi all,

I've been struggling with this problem for a few weeks now.
I have a DeepOnion QT wallet which worked fine untill somewhere mid october.
I was able to receive & send onions without any problem.
When I tried to send out some onions to a friend, I saw an "transaction failed" error for the first time.
I started to look why this happened.. And already got a lot of suggestions from other DO members.

- I can receive onions without any problem
- I cannot send out onions, no mather which amount or whatever address I try, not my own, not another address
- running checkwallet & repairwallet returns positive : so wallet should be fine
- dumping private key is not possible for my original address, but when I create a new address, this works

So, this is the stage i'm at right now :

1. Made backup from wallet trough wallet app (I have a backup from 06/11 & 16/11)
2. made a manual backup from wallet.dat file in %appdata%
3. removed all files in %appdata%
4. removed wallet directory
5. downloaded new version from website
6. re-installed wallet
7. launched wallet & closed it again
8. removed all files from %appdata%
9. re-opened wallet & overwritten wallet.dat file with backup
10. waited untill block syncing was done
11. unlocked my wallet, unchecked the "for staking only box" & tried to make a dumpprivkey DfbVmexCDLhbsSEGEjSXPAQXGhE7ECKghb = same error all over
12. tried (when searching arround) locking my wallet again & use the option walletpassphrase "passkey" 300 and again dumpprivkey = same error

Moving this wallet to another computer won't help because i'm pretty convinced that the problem lies within the wallet.dat file... and is certainly not an issue on my computer itself.
I have several other QT wallet for other coins, which work fine without issues.

So, really really looking for someone who encountered the same issue and got a fix for it.

Thanks in advance.

note: the one that solves my problem will receive onions for helping me out on this one !

It would be interesting to get a copy of the "Transaction that failed."
webwakko (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 12:28:28 PM

This is the error i'm getting in the debug.log when trying to send out onion : Message store directory does not exist.
Checkwallet & repairwallet both return good result :

13:26:38 > checkwallet
13:26:38 > {
"wallet check passed" : true
}
13:27:03 > repairwallet
13:27:03 > {
"wallet check passed" : true
}

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:02:23 PM

This sounds like an alt-coin, so you should move it to the appropriate section since it isn’t about bitcoin -they’ll be more likely to know the changes that have been made to the wallet.
webwakko (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 08:36:08 AM

This sounds like an alt-coin, so you should move it to the appropriate section since it isn’t about bitcoin -they’ll be more likely to know the changes that have been made to the wallet.
It seems this problem could lie deeper within all QT-wallets, so I'm trying to figure out, together with a fellow crypto lover, where the source of this problem is nested.
But this means that this kind of problem could hit anyone of us.
good tip : as soon as you install a QT-wallet of any kind, FIRST dump your private key, if this does not work, do NOT send coins to that wallet, or you'll end up with the same issue I'm having right now.
FYI: check the wallet on regular bases... meaning.. try to send (weekly or even daily) 1 coin to your own address, just to see if it still works as it should.
This is how I discovered that my wallet was broken.

webwakko (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 03:22:28 PM

I can't imagine that within this large community there is nobody that knows the answer to this issue.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: