Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:09:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exodus to BTC core wallet  (Read 375 times)
aliman00 (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:46:50 AM

Well I've been storing my btc on exodus wallet but I recently found out that I can't adjust transfer fee. I have to pay transfer fee that is set by exodus and sometimes it's really high. So now I decided that maybe it would be best if I store my coins on official bitcoin wallet as there I can adjust fee.

Now my question is... since I control my keys on exodus, does anyone know how I can use does exported keys and import them into bitcoin core wallet?

Thanks for all answers.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16657

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 12:01:44 PM

, does anyone know how I can use does exported keys and import them into bitcoin core wallet?
Exodus: How can I view my private keys?
Bitcoin Core: How do I import a private key into Bitcoin-Qt?

Check required fees on btc.com before making a transaction. Don't just look at the value at top, look at the bars on the bottom of the page too. If you have small inputs and you're not in a hurry, you can set a fee much lower. Don't use the high fee to be in the next block if it's not needed.

I must say though, if you can't search these answers on your own, Bitcoin Core, and importing/exporting private keys in general, might not be the best solution for you.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:53:55 PM

Well I've been storing my btc on exodus wallet but I recently found out that I can't adjust transfer fee. I have to pay transfer fee that is set by exodus and sometimes it's really high. So now I decided that maybe it would be best if I store my coins on official bitcoin wallet as there I can adjust fee.

Now my question is... since I control my keys on exodus, does anyone know how I can use does exported keys and import them into bitcoin core wallet?

Thanks for all answers.

Are you using Exodus on Linux or a Windows machine?

Generally it's a bad idea to export private keys. They are encrypted and never shown for a reason, but if you are on a Windows machine I would never do that.. you have to assume some loser is hacking you if you are using Windows, so simply send your coins to your bitcoin wallet.dat in a transaction and not export and import anything.

If you are using Windows, start considering using Linux. Make a new partition and install Bitcoin Core there.
aliman00 (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:16:52 PM

Yeah, I'm abondoning Exodus. There are other ways to track my coins. Found out that I can import privat keys from exodus into electrum and then transfer from there to 3,5 less fee then what Exodus is offering. So just waiting for bitcoin core wallet to since then I will transfer it over.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: