Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:16:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting paid for playing games?  (Read 408 times)
AlexSomchai (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:47:02 AM

What's everyone's thoughts on the NU token?
They are decentralizing multiplayer games with blockchain.
Gamers get rewarded while they play games, and hosts get rewarded for renting out their bandwidth.

The team members have extensive experience, and 1 of them is even a doctor in AI. It looks pretty impressive imo.

site: https://networkunits.io/

whitepaper: https://networkunits.io/dl/network-units-whitepaper-latest-3.pdf
AlexSomchai (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:17:02 AM

Has anyone read the whitepaper?
I'm very curious what you guys think about it.
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 01:33:18 PM

You may invest in this project and make some profit but in the long term can this project be sustainable? It is actually just a little game. I just trade them instead of investing a lot of money
AlexSomchai (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:51:45 PM

You may invest in this project and make some profit but in the long term can this project be sustainable? It is actually just a little game. I just trade them instead of investing a lot of money

What makes you think that?
From my understanding it will be a p2p technology to host multiplayer games. Since every game developer can make use of network units, it could be an infinite amount of games.
nesso

Activity: 640
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:54:13 PM

I don't think it will be achievable. Most games are in Steam and Steam don't want this kind of projects to live. You can only play small no budget games with that project. I wouldn't play these small games just to get money, I have better things to do.
rewalker

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:57:00 PM

what about a coin that runs on proof of gaming. Mining through achievements in the game? Is this something like that? Or is there any coin with that concept?
ichanjay

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:58:50 PM

You should look at Eloplay coin. They'll be having a second round of ICO in january. They create tournaments where coins are the price
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:06:18 PM

What makes you think that?
From my understanding it will be a p2p technology to host multiplayer games. Since every game developer can make use of network units, it could be an infinite amount of games.

Not read the link, if it is as you say technology to host p2p games, I dont see the use case or problem they are trying to solve.  People have shared game servers for years (decades).  If its a bit deeper than that, then it needs to be integrated into a established game development platform, like Unity etc, to have any value.  Enjin and another I cant recall do this, it is an area with large potential.
AlexSomchai (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:36:46 PM

If its a bit deeper than that, then it needs to be integrated into a established game development platform, like Unity etc, to have any value.  Enjin and another I cant recall do this, it is an area with large potential.

It will do precisely that. That's why I am wondering what you guys think of this. I think NU has huge potential, but I would love to hear what you guys think of it as well.

This is from the whitepaper:

Multiplayer functionality can be easier and cheaper to integrate.
With our easy to integrate Unity Asset developers can be freed of having to write complicated
network code and the infrastructure that drives it. It will be available on the Unity Asset Store
which is a highly popular third-party marketplace for the Unity Engine. This allows faster time to
market and savings regarding development costs. Additionally, because Network Units relies on
processing power and bandwidth that would otherwise be wasted, we can ensure a cost-effective
solution that is cheaper than cloud services or dedicated hosting providers.
AlexSomchai (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:54:15 PM

Proof of Concept is out there!
A working alpha version utilizing the Ethereum Blockchain has been published !!!

Every Game developer can now integrate Network Units (and thus Ethereum) to host their multiplayer games !

How many ICO's out there have a working product?
This project has a huge chance of success!
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:21:08 PM

I think this will be a lot of help for the people who want to earn money and play games at the same time. I also actually so one and that is the refereum thing.

barlo357

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:28:25 PM

My nephews are playing games and also part of different campaigns here in this forum. This will also help them earn money!

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:15:45 PM

That would be just a dream world to get really payment for a game, but not just points. That's the first time I hear about this token, but I guess it is going to be popular, cause a lot of people will support this idea. It would be perfect if such system would be spreaded on games like Angey Birds and other popular games.
nelson208

Activity: 146

https://arker.io

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:22:26 PM

We are already developing a video game that rewards you for playing, we are in ICO.

Here I leave the web for more details: https://arker.io

Regards!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Arker: The Online RPG that rewards you with cryptocurrency    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Listed on Waves DEX    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
WEBSITE / WHITEPAPER / ANN / TELEGRAM
Psi
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

[center][table][tr][td][url=https://trustdice.win/

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:59:40 PM

Your game looks pretty cool, looking forward to checking it out and with all the apps people are playing nowadays this could be big. To get rewarded with tokens to use in-game  or sell off on markets will also help introduce more people to crypto currencies.

bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:24:36 PM

There is another ICO called bountie that will is looking to implement similar things. I had a chat once with some of their teammembers and they are really professional and nice people. I think they will follow through with their plans and make it possible to earn money while casually playing video games. Thats the dream of many players in this highly competitive field. Great to see that blockchain can help monetize the playing skills of people. Just awesome!
xurestey

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:51:25 PM

We are already developing a video game that rewards you for playing, we are in ICO.

Here I leave the web for more details: https://arker.io

Regards!
I just came across this game, it's pretty good with nice interface and fancy graphics. I really want to participate in this game when the ICO program ends. I will support you if this project is successful. Promote the game to this community.
Lastsamuraj

Activity: 266

Prontapay

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:58:33 PM

Playing games is very popular right now,so the idea to connect playing and blockchain is brilliant.I personally as a game lover very interested in moneymaking gameplay:)

tomwalsh

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:10:29 PM

I don't think it will be achievable. Most games are in Steam and Steam don't want this kind of projects to live. You can only play small no budget games with that project. I wouldn't play these small games just to get money, I have better things to do.

Steam is outdated, the platform hasn't been updated or optimised in a long time.

It is about time we see a new gaming platform revolutionize the market and this could be what could do it. A gaming platform with back-end facilitating p2p online hosting and rewarding host for it?

It is by no means a guaranteed success but the industry is ripe for disruption so if the team play their cards right this could have potential.

uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:28:34 PM

Everybody who wants to be paid for tiny tasks are never going to be succesfull ones.
Just take a look over that, they are just paying one dollar a day or less, do you really think that it is worth your time?

it is the same thing as those who are only joining signature campaigns to make a living on them.

Dont they see that they are dumb people? They are trying to spam the whole forum in order to create and have an income, they all deserve to be red tagged because they are just posting crap.

It is the same as that game.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: