Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:02:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin segwit2x  (Read 1153 times)
migueltiu (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:08:44 PM

Hi guys, as I logged in my Coinbase account, transactions has temporarily been disabled since the Segwit2x is expected to occur in the next 6 hours. I am really clueless regarding these terms.
1. What would happen during these times?
2. What would happen to the value of bitcoin?

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,
h4yfans

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:10:01 PM

Nothing will change. Just wait. They will open the transaction section.
prodifter

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:57:51 PM

After the information was canceled 2x segwit posted loudly, the 2x segwit continues to play quietly. Someone cheated all the whole world
tungvt

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:09:29 PM

is it relly happen?
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 01:14:25 PM

Hi guys, as I logged in my Coinbase account, transactions has temporarily been disabled since the Segwit2x is expected to occur in the next 6 hours. I am really clueless regarding these terms.

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,

Absolutely nothing will happen because Segwit2x fork has been canceled. No other exchange or service that I know of have taken any action. It's just Coinbase being useless. You should consider getting your own wallet so you own and control your coins rather than use a service like Coinbase.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:19:25 PM

These might happen:

> Price might drop after the fork, but not significantly.
> You may get free coins from the fork.

Other than those, probably nothing. The fork does not seem to be a big deal anymore. Sit tight and wait. Everything will be ok.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:25:03 PM

Is this serious? I thought the fork was cancelled.
Could you post a screenshot of the message telling that transactions are disabled?
migueltiu (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:29:29 PM

Could you post a screenshot of the message telling that transactions are disabled?

You could check the status of coinbase here. https://status.coinbase.com/
It really struck me since I thought it was cancelled. So is there something underground that's happening here?
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:40:28 PM

I do not keep my coins at coinbase, but there was a topic here with an email from coinbase saying a small number of miners wanted to continue with the fork. I will edit this with the link after I find it.

Edit: Here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2416162
tomforgery

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:42:48 PM

2x support by little number of Developers  so you just wait and will back they  edit site to support 2x
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:56:34 PM

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,

Absolutely nothing will happen because Segwit2x fork has been canceled. No other exchange or service that I know of have taken any action. It's just Coinbase being useless. You should consider getting your own wallet so you own and control your coins rather than use a service like Coinbase.

I don't understand that why is coinbase after Segwit2X? What's the reason that makes them going against water direction? If no one else is supporting segwit2X at the moment because it has a lot of flaws to be launched then why carrying it out. Will we be able to withdraw our bitcoin from coinbase wallet also will these coins be accepted by other service providers? These are the points that compel me to think about looking for another wallet and service system.
If only coinbase is going to launch segwit2X I hope it will bring a very slight effect to the price of bitcoin.
FoxTheHuman

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:57:55 PM

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,
The hard fork b2x event may continue to be bitcoingold or possibly bitcoincash. But the bitcoin value will continue to increase and increase.
rodskee

Activity: 2380
Merit: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:07:37 PM

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,

coinbase have an advisory to their subcriber's try to open your email surely have an advice from the team what will happen to your bitcoin during the segwit2x fork and wait the decision after the fork check your email again because coinbase have an instruction to your coins.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:08:45 PM

Looks like they are making Segwit 2x happen:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bitcoin2m

this is all a market manipulation by some whale who has made the mistake of buying the BTC2 (the future fake token for SegWit2x coin) on bitfinex when the price was high thinking he is going to get rich Cheesy

and when they dropped the bomb on his head about canceling the fork he got dumbstruck and started this nonsense.
if you check the blocks https://coin.dance/blocks you can see nobody is supporting SegWit2x anymore...

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
creatine413

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:09:43 PM

Hi, where should we base our answers whether there would be a segwit2x? Who makes the announcements regarding this?
amila_cs

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 03:11:00 PM

I am really fed up with this all segwit drama. Will we get free token if this fork happened as it was supposed to earlier as well?

WONO

⇐ ● WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of  any assets and services without currency and taxation expenses ● ⇒

○ ○ ○  WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ○ ○  ○
bitcoincollector03

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:18:43 PM

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,
[/quote

By the time i post this its already over for segwit2x. It really did happen eh?  Grin Free coins anyways!
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:35:59 PM

For this fork to happen one person would have to run the wallet that got released by segwit2x people, and mine the necessary block that activates the fork.

On a difficulty of some petahashes, so ... unlikely. Oh statistically just a single CPU mining has a chance of discovering a new block, but that would not be sufficient. Would require a second block, and a third, and up until there even the biggest luck should be all used up.

That would be the rogue approach. All the official supporters abandoned the fork days (or weeks?) ago, so bitcoin is safe today.
creatine413

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:39:32 PM

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,

Segwit2x was cancelled weeks ago and a lot of companies were very supportive regarding this but failed to attain their intention
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:43:43 PM

maybe noting changes, the maintenance maybe spend an hour or 3 hours you can be patient wait for the maintenance finished and you can make a transaction again after the maintenance is done

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: