Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:44:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Low circulating supply?  (Read 368 times)
rafter_01 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 12:28:54 PM

Hi All,

When investing do you guys take into consideration the circulating supply?

I mean some of the coins that are priced well and moving up in price quickly have low circulating supply whereas coins that are cheap have massive circulating supply.

So my question is, is wise not to invest in high circulating supply coins? As the price moves up too slow.

Please let me know your thoughts?

Cheers
micheal34

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:35:43 PM

Investing in low circulating supply doesn't matter sometimes. Power ledger for instance has larger circulating supply and the price is good.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:58:02 PM

Yes, sometimes the circulating supply matters to me. Low supply seems attractive to investors.
Look at bitcoin. 21 million total supply, 11 million is on circulation. It's price is on the roof right now.
Huge supply cryptocurrencies are not gonna catch investors interest. Look at Dogecoin, billion supplies and continues to add supply every year. Look at the price. It's not moving at all. But still that depends on how good the project is. Good project means higher demand. Some good altcoins have huge supplies also. Look at XRP(ripple). Huge supply but the price is looking good.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:55:36 PM

I think low-circulating suppy can be an indicator for investing, but also increases the risk of investing in the coin. Always monitor the trading volume, if its very low the coin is likely to die. It all depends on the roi you are looking for and the risk you are willing to take. Always remember, only invest what you are willing to loose.
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:02:03 PM

supply is not important, you must looking at team, project, roadmap, partnerships!
t3hpwnographer

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 02:11:40 PM

I think circulating supply can be an indicator of a coin's growth potential, but lower is not always better. For example, there are a few coins/tokens that seem convinced they are going to reach the moon by having total supplies of ~1 coin or less. I just don't see why anyone would buy in to a clear get-rich-quick scheme like that.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:14:17 PM

I dont see the circulating supply as a factor that affects value because most of the time even high supply coins/tokens have too high market value
hell3r

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:20:42 PM

Yup I think for me as an ICO investor and observer, low supply coins have its attraction to investors. And it doesnt mean that high supply is not considerable. Sometimes high supply coins are profitable as long as it is doing good and popularized. I think this is the reason why some Erc20 ICOs are burning their supply for them to decrease its quantity.
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:21:43 PM

supply is not important, you must looking at team, project, roadmap, partnerships!

Yes. The team behind the ptoject , the concept and roadmap are important factors. But cannot ignore the importance of circulating supply . It's one of important factors besides mentioned ones.
A coin with low circulating supply can be easily manipulated by whales.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:02:06 AM

Hi All,

I mean some of the coins that are priced well and moving up in price quickly have low circulating supply whereas coins that are cheap have massive circulating supply.

So my question is, is wise not to invest in high circulating supply coins? As the price moves up too slow.

Cheers
Why do you think Doge has not really had a major boost for itself after all this while ?
That is really what makes it interesting. The lower the circulating supply, the lower the initial cap at the early stage, the more the chances for investors to make a lot of money from the increase in value.

There are so many things to look at in a coin when investing in them, which also includes the viability of the coin with a backing project that is going to be usable in the community and the team as well, which are very important if you are thinking of holding for a long term.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Arm.strong

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:31:12 AM

Supply is only one thing
There are many factors to consider
Team, technology
TanibixBett7

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:45:27 AM

i have no consider about supply, i just follow buy wall/ sell wall signal, chart signal to trade.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:57:39 AM

Hi All,

Cheers
I usually take the total number of coins in circulation into consideration since I don't want invest in the next dogecoin. I usually don't invest in coins with more than 100 million coins in circulation, since I am aware that the value tend to increase every quickly which means quick profit.

I wouldn't advice you to invest in coins with a lot circulating supply since the supply might be a lot more than the demand, which might result in the value remaining low, and you might basically loose on your initial investment.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:05:25 AM

Yes, I think low circulating supply is generally better than high supply.
Same rule that applies to stocks too. But supply alone cannot compensate
for the quality of the coin project.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:00:32 PM

I think low-circulating suppy can be an indicator for investing, but also increases the risk of investing in the coin. Always monitor the trading volume, if its very low the coin is likely to die. It all depends on the roi you are looking for and the risk you are willing to take. Always remember, only invest what you are willing to loose.
Apparently, shit coins may also end up having low circulating supply and which is why it should not be the only thing one should watch out for before investing in a coin for the long term. That is just one of them.

All the above, the best to look at is if the coin really has a working product, whether there is really a support from the community, if it has a team that can really do well for the coin's improvement and development and the cap as well at the point of investment. All these things put together should be of help.
Praetorian.1legion

Activity: 476
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:36:22 PM

Hi All,

Cheers

Yes, what's the difference, how much is a coin worth? The main thing is high volatility and liquidity. Buy cheaper, sell more. And the possibility of buying coins is determined by their quantity. You take, for example, 100 dollars, translate them into Satoshi and buy for this amount. What a difference how many coins. Then, put up for sale, you want, all expose more expensively. Sold more expensive, that's the profit. Learn the arithmetic of the first class, if you forgot.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: