Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:28:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much money has been lost because the ETH system is shit?  (Read 194 times)
crypto jerk (OP)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:45:29 PM

$400 million evaporated recently due to bug in software.

Couple ico's hacked 20 mil plus (don't remember exact amount)

Dao attacker 80mil?

I'm sure there is more and will be more. But but but Eth is solid, the wallets and smart contract language are the issues. Lol

ETH is pure shit and is only going to get worse. But this isn't a warning, please invest your $ into this, it makes me laugh.
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:56:30 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 02:26:00 PM by sinner

DAO hack + 1st Parity multi-sig hack + 2nd Parity multi-sig freeze =  Huh

actually DAO had nothing to do with ETH protocol, it was just a dapp built on it.  it seems strange that they hardforked for a dapp bug, but not for multiple protocol bugs.  DeSantis hinted that there are more ETH zero days.

On a fundamental level, is my understanding correct: for Ethereum dapps to function without another DAO, they must have bug-free code.  Is this correct?
cevap

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:00:41 PM

You think fiat money is never lost, there are millions lost every year and you cant fix that. As long as there is human factor present, it will always happen and you have to accept it.

Zendalet

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:25:59 PM

$400 million evaporated recently due to bug in software.

Couple ico's hacked 20 mil plus (don't remember exact amount)

Dao attacker 80mil?

I'm sure there is more and will be more. But but but Eth is solid, the wallets and smart contract language are the issues. Lol

ETH is pure shit and is only going to get worse. But this isn't a warning, please invest your $ into this, it makes me laugh.

Are you saying that because you don't understand the technology or because you are shorting? If Bitcoin or one of the Bitcoin forks has a bug are you also going to blame C++?
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:25:58 PM

You think fiat money is never lost, there are millions lost every year and you cant fix that. As long as there is human factor present, it will always happen and you have to accept it.

fiat/cash being lost is because it is designed that way. paper is not exactly the most resilient of materials on the planet. but a token that is based on unbreakable code and cryptography should not be lost ever. when you release something and put a huge value on it, you should make damn sure it has no bugs.
it would be like printing money with a terrible mold that prints each note different than the last!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
CryptoLD

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:29:17 PM

Ethereum system never had any fail, only dapps using it without enough testing/audit did. Don't forget that.
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:33:50 PM

What in this case is not shit, in your opinion?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: