Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:41:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Chain 3 missing  (Read 2359 times)
erospatos

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:44:32 AM

bitmain reply me

Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry for the delayed reply because our email volume has been extremely high.

Please try reloading the firmware:
D3:
https://shop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=00720170915192851224mJ36J1ap066E

Run the miner for 20 minutes after loading.

Please first check the PSU and the controller. To check the PSU you can test the machine with a known good PSU. If you do not have another PSU then check by switching the cables between hash boards. If the issue follows the cable then the PSU may be faulty. Please reply to this email for more instructions.

To test the controller, switch the controller cables between hash boards. If the same hash board shows the issue then the hash board is faulty. If the issue follows the cable then the controller may be faulty. Please contact us for further instructions.

If it still is not solved please test each hash board separately to determine which one is defective.

To test each hash board separately: keep the PSU connectors and controller cable on one of the hash boards connected and disconnect the cables from the other two hash boards. With the miner running you can see the status of the connected hash board.

Here is more detail: http://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/226142788-Testing-hash-board-one-by-one

On the miner status screen defective chips are displayed as "xxx", "---" or " ASIC≠72

Once you know which part is defective please create a Repair ticket and ship the part back to us according to these instructions: https://shop.bitmain.com/workOrderGuide.htm
For D3, please measure your hashboard, kindly choose the right one based on the following size:
Hashboard D3(S) (222.6*156.7mm)
Hashboard D3(N) (222.6*176.6mm)

http://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/222648028-How-to-disassemble-miners

Please pack the hash boards carefully. If the PINs are lost due to shipping damage it will void the warranty. Here is a video demonstrating how to pack the boards: https://youtu.be/Z0LdykALhxI

You may disassemble the miner and break the warranty seal under the instructions from this ticket.

Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.
bitDad13

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:48:57 AM

Hi everyone
I need help , what this xxxx need send the chain to bitmain?
In first time that I turned on  D3 see this Asic Status:

https://imgur.com/qTtRPrQ

Thanks

watch this and you will solve your problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQz1Ez1ekKo

p/s thread: disassembly a board fault, send to Bitmain for repair. I am facing this problem with you. That is a only way to fix your problem
chapsmx

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:24:51 PM

im having the same problem.

board #2 has a hundred hw errors per hour
board #3 is full of hw errors and dies after a couple minutes working

tried upgrading the firmware, as suggested by bitmain, but that didnt work so they gave permission to open the miner, remove the hashing boards and send them back to hong kong.

its seems hb #3 is faulty on a lot of d3 miners. 200 dollars for the shipping, the miner was delivered on monday and still no response from bitmain Sad

paranoia150

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:13:40 AM

I have a same problem, chain 3 missing but hashrate is 19ghs. i tryed many things I change hashboard places and still not visible, i think hashboard is working but it's invisible.
lista@bk.ru

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:09:20 AM

I have a same problem, chain 3 missing but hashrate is 19ghs. i tryed many things I change hashboard places and still not visible, i think hashboard is working but it's invisible.

can look at D3 -> System/kernelLog

Have these (read_temp_func: can't read all sensor's temperature, close PIC and need reboot!!!) similar messages?
===========================
Dec 21 18:59:49 (none) local0.warn cgminer[390]: Chain 0 set_temperature_offset_value_chain_sensor
Dec 21 18:59:49 (none) local0.notice cgminer[390]: set_temperature_offset_value_chain_sensor: Chain0 Sensor0 temp offset : 00,
Dec 21 18:59:49 (none) local0.notice cgminer[390]: open_core_chain
Dec 21 22:31:09 (none) local0.err cgminer[390]: read_temp_func: can't read all sensor's temperature, close PIC and need reboot!!!
======================
chapsmx

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:53:11 PM

anybody who has already sent the boards to hong kong knows the response time?

i sent a couple boards last week, they were received and signed in hong kong on monday 18th and still appear as "uncollected" on my ticket...

tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:54:30 PM

can look at D3 -> System/kernelLog

Have these (read_temp_func: can't read all sensor's temperature, close PIC and need reboot!!!) similar messages?
===========================
Dec 21 18:59:49 (none) local0.warn cgminer[390]: Chain 0 set_temperature_offset_value_chain_sensor
Dec 21 18:59:49 (none) local0.notice cgminer[390]: set_temperature_offset_value_chain_sensor: Chain0 Sensor0 temp offset : 00,
Dec 21 18:59:49 (none) local0.notice cgminer[390]: open_core_chain
Dec 21 22:31:09 (none) local0.err cgminer[390]: read_temp_func: can't read all sensor's temperature, close PIC and need reboot!!!
======================
I do have similar errors, on at least 8pcs D3 but what does it mean?
I tried everything to make things work, nothing helps.
In all cases ONE board is not even visible and it's not hashing-not at the pool or anywhere.
Rebooted, PSU changed, datacables changed.
Why always 1 board?
sa3di

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:33:18 PM

Guys ,,
I have same problem, but I notice many of us one same date get this problem, and Bitmain doesn't response since 10 days now, so I think it's something general they should take care of.
chapsmx

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:39:32 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 11:26:15 PM by chapsmx

anybody who has already sent the boards to hong kong knows the response time?

i sent a couple boards last week, they were received and signed in hong kong on monday 18th and still appear as "uncollected" on my ticket...

for me it took exactly two weeks.
i sent the boards on friday 15th, dhl express, and received them today via fedex.

you send the hashing boards to hong kong and they send them back from shenzhen, so i think they have like a zillion already fixed...

===
edit

3 hours and everything seems to be working ok.
https://i.imgur.com/PSeeVQa.jpg
amala

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:35:58 AM

Same problem happened to me, chain# 1 disappear.
Peke

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:32:45 PM

I got my chain 3 back after flashing Blissz firmware on my D3. First it was missing 4 asics but after running couple of hours it found those too. Though still quite lot of HW errors, but it mines at full speed +19 GH/s. Not gonna touch it anymore Cheesy
albetli

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:40:59 PM

It seems it's a firmware problem not hardware problem, or it's not ?
any one has some updates ?
chapsmx

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:36:05 PM

It seems it's a firmware problem not hardware problem, or it's not ?
any one has some updates ?

after getting my hashing boards from warranty ive been running theme for 24 hours without any issue.
im running them at 500 freq and 0 hw errors Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/dFOOd6h.jpg
OuRoboros42

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:06:42 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 12:49:27 PM by OuRoboros42

somthing is very strange, i have the same prob Chain#   3 is missing, i done the bitmain Troubleshooting include the  "try reloading the firmware" and find out that  hash board 3 is the one that want show...
so i disconect it and power on.
its located in an Air condition Room Temp is 19C now after i disconect and waited 25 min the GH/S(RT) was 12865
so it seems fishy so i reconect again and now i get 18,382.65 its seems that even thow Chain 3 missing it still working.

Posted by: Peke "I got my chain 3 back after flashing Blissz firmware on my D3"

if i use Blissz firmware is it right to assume it written to the control board and not the hash board?

edit:
i flash to Blissz firmware but Chain#3 is still missing, so go back to stock and open a repair ticket

DCShmooC1

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:53:59 PM

I've been experiencing firmware issues from the start. Mine was the October Batch. New Years Day Chain 3 seemed to go out. But not completely, it shows 54 of the 60 ASICs on the board. The other 6 ASICs are not there. Not represented as an X/O or even -.
backback

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:40:03 PM

2 out of 4 have this problem, not a full month passed  Huh, any ideea why is showing up 19ghz if one board not working? it is like claymore dev fee? (joke) Smiley)))))
chapsmx

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:52:11 PM

stop waisting time and open a repair ticket, send the hashing boards to china (or california if you are in the u.s.) and in 2 weeks youll have a d3 working properly ;-)
DCShmooC1

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:25:16 AM

Aye yes, I just opened one. Shipping this out tomorrow or Monday. I'm guessing it's alright to run/mine with the remaining two boards.
riwant

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:53:34 PM

I've been experiencing firmware issues from the start. Mine was the October Batch. New Years Day Chain 3 seemed to go out. But not completely, it shows 54 of the 60 ASICs on the board. The other 6 ASICs are not there. Not represented as an X/O or even -.

The same happens to me. I just got chain#1 running and shows 55 out of 60 ASICs, the other 2 chains is missing. PReviously last months still runs smoothly normally no problem at all, after the holidays which i didn't mine then i just start i found problems which missing the other 2 chains Sad now is running just about 9,829 GHz with 1 chain only
jockserbrown

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:20:12 PM

Hi All,

I have 2 D3 machines 1 mining to suprnova 1 to nicehash

Today i changed the 2nd of my D3 machines from suprnova to nicehash and immediately after reboot i lost Chain 3

I unplugged the miner and insured all connections where ok and put it back mining to supernova and the Chain Re-Appeared and is now running with hardware errors

After reading the previous posts nice hash seems to be a common dominator with a lot of these problems  Huh
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: