Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:45:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] FPGA-Cluster 26Gh/s  (Read 5080 times)
iluvpcs

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

:)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:31:04 PM

Just remember 78 brand new USB block erupters cost 78B and will use <200 watts = 26GH.
Add in 3 BTC for USB powered strips your at roughly 80 BTC for Asics.

Yes I know fpgas can be reprogrammed, etc. but I don't see buyers here looking for that, perhaps eBay or other markets people want these for that purpose and not to mining? 

Wish you the best though selling them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ultrix

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:54:56 PM

Just remember 78 brand new USB block erupters cost 78B and will use <200 watts = 26GH.

Yes I know fpgas can be reprogrammed, etc. but I don't see buyers here looking for that, perhaps eBay or other markets people want these for that purpose and not to mining? 

I don't plan on using them for mining.  I'm interested in them for other reasons (the ztex boards are a good design).  No real point in mining off FPGAs given that 60BTC gets 4x BFL 5gh/s units (reflashable to 8gh/s) at less power consumption.
Menig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:17:08 AM

its always the same... 78BTC for 78 erupters is wrong... because no tax, no shippment etc.  if you buy 78 sticks e.g. here in germany you pay 19% tax... BÄM.91 BTC, with USB-Strip, shipping etc. lets say 95 BTC
so the price is neary the same as i want for my boards (100BTC)

but: my boards are in hand so you can immideatly start with mining (0.66 BTC Day) - so for two weeks and new diff with 20.8mio which will come thats round about 8 BTC (if asicminers delivers the sticks in two weeks... i think
it will really need more time....) but lets think two weeks... than iam 95BTC for sticks and not sure they are in hand... and 92 BTC left for 30 Boards which are already mining in hand...

lets go six months futher.... profibility stops..... asic-sticks ? 0 BTC selling price... PFGAs... ZTEX.komp. round about 100-200€ (dont know for what they are sellable e.g. in usa) - are a benefit of 3000-6000€ ....

so as the boards are sold for the same price as usb-sticks (which are bullshit in my eyes) - fpgas are the better choice.... but thats only my opinion.

sorry for my grammatik....  english is not native to me Wink

best regards
Menig
Polyatomic

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:13:17 AM

Excellent rig dude , I hope you get what you want for them .
Foofighter

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:45:12 AM

its always the same... 78BTC for 78 erupters is wrong... because no tax, no shippment etc.  if you buy 78 sticks e.g. here in germany you pay 19% tax... BÄM.91 BTC, with USB-Strip, shipping etc. lets say 95 BTC

but: my boards are in hand so you can immideatly start with mining (0.66 BTC Day) - so for two weeks and new diff with 20.8mio which will come thats round about 8 BTC (if asicminers delivers the sticks in two weeks... i think
it will really need more time....) but lets think two weeks... than iam 95BTC for sticks and not sure they are in hand... and 92 BTC left for 30 Boards which are already mining in hand...

lets go six months futher.... profibility stops..... asic-sticks ? 0 BTC selling price... PFGAs... ZTEX.komp. round about 100-200€ (dont know for what they are sellable e.g. in usa) - are a benefit of 3000-6000€ ....

so as the boards are sold for the same price as usb-sticks (which are bullshit in my eyes) - fpgas are the better choice.... but thats only my opinion.

best regards
Menig

hmm i heard, friedcat is declaring the USB Miners at an amount of 5 USD per USB for customs, this makes 19% VAT from 5 USD (5*78=390*0,19= 74USD)= 1BTC ATM. I also dont think that shipping costs more then 1 BTC.
Which makes the ASIC solution a straight 80 BTC cost, in my opinion.

But you are right, your FPGAs are in hand and you dont lose much time after ordering from you!

regards

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
biganth

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:32:17 PM

Where oh where are all the people that buy FPGAs because you can do something else with them other than mine? Surely one of them will step forward and gladly pay 120 BTC for equipment worth less than half that  Roll Eyes

ultrix

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:46:27 AM

Where oh where are all the people that buy FPGAs because you can do something else with them other than mine? Surely one of them will step forward and gladly pay 120 BTC for equipment worth less than half that  Roll Eyes

As I said, I won't mine with them.  I'd use them for other projects.

Menig: Go on hkinventory, post an RFQ for XC6SLX150-3CSG484 (same IC on the ztex) and say quantity 100, reballs ok.  You'll get a deluge of suppliers from Shenzhen offering them at $40-$50 USD each.  Anyone who quotes AVNET, Digikey, etc are only useful for sourcing prototyping parts with short turn around.  They just buy from the same Chinese suppliers on hkinventory or alibaba for < 5k lots from Xilinx.
bitbryan

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:42:43 AM

Menig: Go on hkinventory, post an RFQ for XC6SLX150-3CSG484 (same IC on the ztex) and say quantity 100, reballs ok.  You'll get a deluge of suppliers from Shenzhen offering them at $40-$50 USD each.  Anyone who quotes AVNET, Digikey, etc are only useful for sourcing prototyping parts with short turn around.  They just buy from the same Chinese suppliers on hkinventory or alibaba for < 5k lots from Xilinx.

I really want to find the fpga parts for 50-60 dollas...

"Life is a waterfall, we drink from the river then turn around and put up our walls"
ultrix

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:37:01 AM

I really want to find the fpga parts for 50-60 dollas...

The problem with the components market is its a lot like shopping for an automobile.  If you try to find a price without interacting with the sales people, its high and usually not close to what you could get it for.  Even if you send out an RFQ to a supplier, they still want to know your target price before they'll give you a quote.   Its a shitty industry, but in the last decade the Chinese have done a really good job of poaching customers from the vultures.  Blessed be the internet.

Tip for getting quotes:   Always contact the manufacturer first, find out what direct volume pricing is.  For example the XC6SLX150-3CSG484C's are ~$40USD new from Xilinx for a lot of 50k.   So you can expect to pay double that for a lot of say 100 from a non-vulture distributor.  Then call/send/post an RFQ with an appropriate target price to various distributors/dealers.  Even the prices quoted on digikey (#2 ranked vulture) aren't the prices they charge if you simply call them.  But no matter where you go, components are a volume game.  I almost shit myself laughing when I read posts in the custom hardware section talking about FPGA pricing with links to single unit pricing (read through the KNC threads with regards to their Mars miner, you'll see a lot of it).

Anyhow, best of luck Menig, hope you get what you're asking.  If not, send me a PM at a later date.

Menig (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:32:05 PM

best regards
Menig

hmm i heard, friedcat is declaring the USB Miners at an amount of 5 USD per USB for customs, this makes 19% VAT from 5 USD (5*78=390*0,19= 74USD)= 1BTC ATM. I also dont think that shipping costs more then 1 BTC.
Which makes the ASIC solution a straight 80 BTC cost, in my opinion.

But you are right, your FPGAs are in hand and you dont lose much time after ordering from you!

regards

sorry, but if i buy an item for 1BTC (80€) - i calculate the tax for this price ! you could never be sure to get the erupters with a 5$-tax-rating - each day there comes more of this stuff, and not all
tax-officers are so stupid.... but, hey - just calculate as you want - i will do the same for me Wink
uuidman

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:56:51 AM

Nicely stacked, dont recognice the heatsinks. What brand are these ? What rpm on the fans ?
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 01:56:09 PM

just wondering if I can mine LTC or PPC with this?

Menig (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 11:52:37 AM

nope.

one Tower sold, two Towers are available. They are on Ebay, too Wink
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:35:06 PM

you can do PPC with them, looks like owner dont know what he has  .. lol
Menig (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:09:13 PM

you can do PPC with them, looks like owner dont know what he has  .. lol

sorry, did only see LTC Wink
uuidman

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:59:59 AM

Nicely stacked, dont recognice the heatsinks. What brand are these ? What rpm on the fans ?
Brand on the heatsinks ? Are these orgininal or a ztex clone ?
Menig (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:30:50 PM

Brand on the heatsinks ? Are these orgininal or a ztex clone ?

Dont know the Brand of the Headsinkes, they are delivered together with the Boards Wink as written at different points these are clone-boards, and all Boards are already sold Smiley

Best regards
Menig
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: