Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:27:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are altcoins dead?  (Read 1341 times)
yonton (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:18:26 PM

The 2x fork is over and not a drop of money has come in to altcoins, the market is dead.
mrnuts

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:25:38 PM

Another one of this? make it original people!

yeah they're dead, as dead as a 100 billion market is

yonton (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:31:07 PM

Much of that is in bitcoin forks. Its expanded in the amount of coins but no growth in any of them.
mrnuts

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:37:23 PM

Much of that is in bitcoin forks. Its expanded in the amount of coins but no growth in any of them.

Make it 80 then, it's still a huge amount of money... a lot of these coins are growing steadily in price and acceptance; there are 90 coins +50 Millions... I'd not call that dead.

yonton (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:41:25 PM

Make it 80 then, it's still a huge amount of money... a lot of these coins are growing steadily in price and acceptance; there are 90 coins +50 Millions... I'd not call that dead.
Pretty far down vs bitcoin for 4 months.
ignorans

Activity: 101
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:46:08 PM

If 85% of all alt coins really die is only good for cryptocurrency market
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:49:22 PM

The 2x fork is over and not a drop of money has come in to altcoins, the market is dead.

They are dead for now yeah. But a lot of cheap coins are buyable now. The most had a full retrace and they are in a good buyrange!
mrnuts

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:51:15 PM

Pretty far down vs bitcoin for 4 months.

https://coincube.io/indexes

And even so altcoins still win this year...

nhote

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:53:51 PM

the truth is that as long as BTC bull run continues (and it will continue) and in the lack of truly breaking news or achievements, most alts will only have short-lived glories and rather bleed against BTC. period. that opens interesting opportunities for short-term trades, but if you want to stay on the safe side, the only thing to do for now is to cut losses and go long on BTC + smaller positions in a few major coins like ETH and LTC.
mrnuts

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:08:37 PM

as long as BTC bull run continues (and it will continue)

Why do you think so? It has already gone x8 in 2017.

t3hpwnographer

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 06:09:23 PM

If you have to ask, then you should probably consider them dead... for you. The rest of us will continue to take part in an ever expanding, ever evolving altcoin market.

I think a lot of people are getting caught up in BTC's crazy fast growth over the past few weeks. I don't believe this level of growth will remain constant, and it's very possible we'll see a correction that won't fully recover for some time. Meanwhile many altcoins remain strong and are still being developed further without highly controversial forks.
nhote

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:17:52 PM

as long as BTC bull run continues (and it will continue)

Why do you think so? It has already gone x8 in 2017.
new big investors' money coming into the crytpo market is interested in BTC, not alts. you may or may not like it (i personally don't) but that's the reality for now... just enough to read the news Smiley
yonton (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:29:30 PM

for 4 months now I had hope that we would see a recovery soon. Today is the first day Ive lost that hope and am starting to wonder if this trend will last for a very long time.
lazy-physicist

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:37:28 PM

Pretty sure they all seem fine.
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:50:59 PM

The money is directed to bitcoin. The value has increased massively. Everyone is made sure of good turnover from investing into bitcoin. Many still are looking for best altcoins to invest in. News on bitcoins growth has narrowed down the eyes of investors causing investing into bitcoin. But for sure the alcoins on top in the current market would still have it's space for growth as always.

cryptohorsee

Activity: 229

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:57:51 PM

People tend to forget about their alt coins after they dump them, they just look for the new investments with low cap and a good team. There is a lot of room there

nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:20:42 PM

Yes they were dead, if you buy now, they were really dead because most are at its ath and they are all the way down anymore  Grin

ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:24:22 PM

Who said money will flow into altcoins after hardfork? You should slap that guys face, clearly he has no idea.
Altcoins are in bear market since August, don't you notice that? Even if they cover USD value they are losing against BTC because of the BTC rally.
lokinator

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:26:42 PM

Not sure what you consider as "dead" ... My altcoin investments are doing quite well despite being slightly more stagnant on average than usual lately.

I certainly wouldn't call the altcoins I follow dead -- maybe they are just taking a short power nap.

Have patience.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:28:52 PM

I would say some of them are dead. Its alright always gonna be reales shit coins, but some of altcoins have big potential in future
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: