Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:45:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deploying service member with mining questions...  (Read 349 times)
Garretvallade (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:15:05 PM

So I've invested in Bitcoin for the past few weeks and have seen great potential in the earnings of said investment. That being said, I did want to start getting into mining, but I am deploying next week and fear that I do not have the knowledge nor the time to start up a small scale mining operation for investing while I'm gone. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to quickly start up with mining, including equipment to purchase and programs to download, any help is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:47:21 PM

How quick? None of the major mining hardware vendors are shipping machines that would arrive before the end of the year.  Most won't arrive until well into Jan of next year.
Garretvallade (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:56:07 PM

However quick I can, I just don't want to set up when I get downrange considering how bad of a connection we would be on. I'm just looking for things to buy while I'm here and how to set up sk I can leave it to mine while I'm away...
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:34:02 PM

The problem is the next batch of bitmain miners will not ship for another 60 days. This isnt really a last second kind of thing you can throw together.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Garretvallade (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:20:54 AM

Well it was worth a shot to find out, I just wanted to get something started to give me a base to work with.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: